Laos food

What is your favorite Laos Food?

• Tham Mark Hoong (papaya salad)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Lab Gai/sean/ or ba (chicken/beef/fish salad)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Lab Leurd Bet (duck blood)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lab Tow (Seaweed salad w/snails)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gaeng Nor Mai (Bamboo Soup)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Thom Khem (brown eggs w/pig's feet in sugar sauce)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tord ba (fried fish)

• Sean haeng (beef jerky)

• Tham mark Kuer (Eggplant salad)

• Som ba (Pickled fish)

• Som Sean (Pickled beef/or pork w/ pork rhines)

• Oua/Sai Gok (Laos sausage)

• Thom Ngu Sing (Snake soup)

• Gaeng Het (Mushroom Soup)

• Kua Kai (Laos eggs...fried/scrambled, etc)

• Kanom Mok (sticky rice with pork inside and wrapped with banana leaf)

• Kao Thom (Sweet sticky rice desert)

• Kao Piak (Rice soup/noodle soup)

• Kao Boon (Noodle with curry sauce)

• other (please list)

• Total voters

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I saw another post earlier about laos food. But, now I made a poll so that we can see which ones are totally number one in Laos food. Some of the foods I put in the poll include some famous laos food, and some that people wouldn't think of as their favorite right away. i love all the foods listed in the poll, but my favorit is lab tow. o god, when i was away at college, everytime i came home, i made my mom make that for me! i also like Jaew too. Like jaew ba daek & jaew mak phet. love laos food to the fullest! so many exotic foods ;)

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
man that is kinda hard to say what my number one is! i love almost all the foods on that list! haha

i gues i'd have to go with tum muk hoong

noungning

Heartless
i like curry stuff. i love my mom's gang ped. or in thai it's gang musamun, so yummy.

and kwor ka poo ...stir fry blue crab with curry, yummy, i had it in thailand but it just wasn't as good as my mom's haha

besides that, i like kao piek sen.

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
oh, I know we are talking about food, but can I name some dessert. Kao Lod Song (the green pandan dessert in coconut milk) If anyone have recipe, please share :)

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
here's a pic of a papaya salad that i made. it's the laotian style with a hint of thai in it since i'm half-thai.

There are peanuts and thai eggplant in it too.

This is one of my favortie food.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
oh man that looks good. sap lai lai. lol. I miss lao food. I'm in the dorms so I eat is can food, junk food, fruits. I want something hot and spicy.

noungning

Heartless
wow haha that pic reminds me of the tum mua that i'd always eat in roi et, in thailand. and also in nong khai ahhh was so yummy, but they'd put sooooo much more weird stuff in there... like hoi, bamboo shoots, vermicelli, and other things ah soo good for like 10baht everyday lol. but i also like mom's but the thai ones in esarn rock lol

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
oy :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: as much as i dont like eating it... i can't help but to drool for that kinda stuff...... lol thanks for sharing, nice pic's :)

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for the compliment. looking at it, i want some now.

judyp

sarNie Adult
i guess im not into those "hardcore lao food". lols. i don't like eating anything raw, for instance, the duck blood. my larp has to be cooked. i have to go with noungning and say kao piek sen.

papaya salad is good, but i sometimes prefer thum kao poun.

my mom is cambodian, so i've always had a diversity of food. i love chicken curry. also, my mom makes the best soup w/ different types of squashes. stir fry is also a popular dish at my house. but then again, i don't really consider it lao food. it has its lao flavor (sorry, lack of word) but any culture can have stir fry & soup.

ps. my mom makes the best nam kao. i went to a popular thai restaurant (so i was told that) and ordered nam kao, and it wasn't half as good as my mom's. ^_^

saobomp

sarNie Adult
looks good! makes my mouth water hehe. ya noungning it's like tum mua like u say with cabbage, pauk bong, long beans, etc...

laos food is good if it's cooked right and has a good taste to it. anything with chicken i love...

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
here's a pic of a papaya salad that i made. it's the laotian style with a hint of thai in it since i'm half-thai.

There are peanuts and thai eggplant in it too.

This is one of my favortie food.
o god, that looks so good! i'm craving it now.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
oh, I know we are talking about food, but can I name some dessert. Kao Lod Song (the green pandan dessert in coconut milk) If anyone have recipe, please share :)
i wished i had a recipe. my aunt makes the best and she sells them to the market and makes em for birthdays and stuff. it looks hard to make because you gotta be patient as all the green things drip.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
that papaya looks good! makes my mouth water and i'm hungry at the moment too...

ummm all those food are good choices; hard to choose.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
ah geez...why bring that pi up now i got to go order a papaya salad....i love papaya...not snake soup...never heard of snake soup too...it seems weird..