Last Year's Stimulus & 2008 Taxes

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Has anyone done taxes yet? A few people around my area were saying they had to pay back last years stimulus check, but then last year when they gave them out they said that it would not affect the 2008 taxes.. I'm not worried just curious because my friend wanted to know before she did her taxes lol

thanks guys,

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
I'm a tax preparer, and I have not heard anything like that yet. I'm waiting till end of Feb to prepare people taxes, because the new presidency and stuff. I just don't know if it can affect it or not. I know the IRS usually have to get their rules done by December. It seem unlikely that they should have to pay back their Stimulus unless of back taxes owe.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
hahaha i had to laugh at lomes comment too!

let me do mine and get back to you on that tina...i have been putting it off for like a wk now..so lazy..cause there is too many darn steps to do otherwise it will show that i owe too..

man i am expecting some money back or sorta have plans for this tax money, if i have to pay back ..whats the point of working? other than paying these ridiculous bills! <_<

Muddie Murda

smile...
I did a first draft of my taxes today lol...i sure hope I did it wrong because it's saying I owe over $1000!!!! <_< I'm not THAT rich to owe THAT much lol

I'm going to do it again and have my bro in law help.

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
I did mines last sunday. And I didn't had to pay nothing back. My uncle got his done along with my aunt. And my best friend too. We didn't have to pay nothing back.​

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
shrugs i dont know but the people ive done the taxes for they didnt have to pay it back .. well ive found out that the softwares deduct them when they aren't suppose to and many tax preparers here a few have actually ripped their clients off ... so im not sure and also one of my friends parents had to pay it back because they owed other taxes also .. so I guess the situation varies

peaches

sarNie Elites
i got a co-worker and her husband who said she receives a letter from the government telling them to add the stimulus money to their 2008 income. anyone here got the letter? is that true? i did my taxes and didn't had to pay back.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
I did my taxes yesterday and the preparer asked if I received a stimulus check last year and for how much. I don't have to pay anything back, but I don't know if they added the amount to my income or not, but as long as I don't have to pay anything back, then I'm good.

hm. not sure. i got back about 3k last year. i can't recall, but i'm getting back about 5k this yr. must not have that much of an effect i suppose.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Man I'm jealous of all you people. I have to pay the state back...only 3 bucks but still I could've used those 3 bucks for something else like my Starbucks Coffee lol. Although I am getting some back from the fed.