Le Petit Prince

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
ok so for my final exam thing i have to choose 5 quotes from the novel "Le Petit Prince" and along with those five quotes i have to have a literary selection (only one poem allowed), a musical selection, and a movie clip for 2 of the 5 quotes. so yah... i need help so if you can give me some ideas i'd greatly apprieciate it =D

so my quotes are

J'aurais dû la juger sur les actes et non sur les mots

"I would have to judge her by her actions and not by her words"

(i already have a literary selection for this)
anyone know a good song or movie scene/clip?

Quand on veut faire de l'esprit, il arrive que l'on mente un peu
"When one wants to be funny, it happens that they lie a bit"

literary selections, songs, movie clips?

On est seul aussi chez les hommes
"One is alone among men" (its supposed to mean something like even if your with a bunch of people your still alone..something like that)

Le langage est source de malentendus
"Language is the source of misunderstanding."

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
"On can only see well with the heart. The essential are invible to the eyes" (something like that)

thanks honeyss! <3

anan

sarNie Adult
How come you study french huh ?? lol..

Quand on veut faire de l'esprit, il arrive que l'on mente un peu
"When one wants to be funny, it happens that they lie a bit"

this one means more "smart" rather than "funny" my dear ^_^
Literary selection i would suggest u the book "Hippias Minor" where Socrates(my idol lol) tries to teach Hippias about "Wise Liars" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippias_Minor#Wise_liars)
he said that a smart guy is twice as powerful as the man who is ignorant about the talking subject. This advantage may lead easily to "wise..lies" becos he is capable of lying the bunch of ppl. around him ;)

On est seul aussi chez les hommes
"One is alone among men" (its supposed to mean something like even if your with a bunch of people your still alone..something like that)

Another of my fav. writer: Guy de Maupassant about loneliness here: http://kovalensky.tumblr.com/post/101308272/solitude & Gustav Flaubert which shows more about the sad truth of human condition: "La Solitude"

and for a song, i would like to suggest : La Solitudine - Laura Pausini (u can get it from youtube) :rolleyes:

Le langage est source de malentendus
"Language is the source of misunderstanding."

I would suggest some funny indian Music video on youtube which seems soOO funny the way they pronounce ^_^ & may lead other ppl. to misunderstand

(....this was gona be my 5th quote but im rechoose)
thanks honeyss! <3
G'luck ;)

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
haha. yeap. i'm taking french. i've taken it for 2 years now in highschool. i'm now in french 4 yah yah. hahaa idk my teacher just told me the "gist of what the quotes mean" so yea, we have to interpret for ourselves or w/e and thank you! i will deff. go check them out when i feel better bc i'm sittin here feeling sick as shit D=

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
ok so i've picked out the quotes that i'm deff. going to use and this is what i have so far...

#1. "I must have judged her by her actions and not by her words"

-im using an excerpt from the novel "The Clique"
-my music selection i'm using "Too Late to Apologize" by One Republic

#2. "On is alone among others"
-i'm not sure about my literary selection yet...
- song- "Black Orchid" by Blue October

#3. "Lanuage is the source of misunderstanding"
Literary Selection-
"There were these identical twins, Jim and John. Jim was the owner of an old dilapidated boat. It just so happened that John’s wife died the same day Jim’s boat sank. A few days later, a kindly old woman saw Jim and mistaking him for John said ”I’m sorry to hear about your loss. You must feel terrible.” Jim, thinking she was talking about his boat said “Fact is I’m sort of glad to be rid of her. She was a rotten old thing from the beginning. Her bottom was all shriveled up and she smelled like an old dead fish. She was always losing her water, she had a bad crack in the back and a pretty big hole in the front too. Every time I used her, the hole got bigger and she leaked like crazy. I guess what fi nally finished her off was when I rented her to these four guys looking for a good time. I warned them she wasn’t very good, but they wanted to use her anyhow. The fools all tried to get in her at once and she split right up the middle.” The old woman fainted."

-not sure about song though.

#4. "One only ses well with the heart. The essential are invisble to the eyes."
-liteary selction...idk
-song...idk
-video clip- ima use a scene from the lakorn Kaew Tah Pee

#5. "One runs the risk of crying a little if one allows himself to be tamed" (like if you allow yourself to get attached to something/someone you take the risk of crying)

-liteary selection ...idk
-song...idk

so yea... my main problem is finding the right songs. and i need to find a movie clip for another quote. so if you guys can think of any that would be great. i have to present my project on June 2nd.

-this is my french final but we are doing it in english. so it can be english songs/poems/videos etc. thanks!

XCappy

Mr. Char
Hey, that sounds really stupid ! A French final and you guys are doing it in English ? Anyway, what about songs in another language besides English ?

About #4, I'm always thinking about this famous "Kiss - Because I'm a girl". There must be an English version somewhere.

About #3, follow Anan's suggestion about the Indian selection. BUT, since it's a French final, I think you can take an English song (a meaningful and difficult one) which can lead a French person to understand something else.

About #2, I know an old French song called "Le mal aimé" from Claude François. Well, if your teacher is easy to trick, you can set it as a lit. selection, but yeah, don't take this risk like I love to do. Anyway, here is the lyrics :

J'ai besoin qu'on m'aime
Mais personne ne comprend
Ce que j'espère et que j'attends
Qui pourrait me dire qui je suis ?
Et j'ai bien bien peur
Toute ma vie d'être incompris
Car aujourd'hui : je me sens mal aimé

Je suis le mal aimé
Les gens me connaissent
Tel que je veux me montrer
Mais ont-ils cherché à savoir
D'où me viennent mes joies ?
Et pourquoi ce désespoir
Caché au fond de moi

Si les apparences
Sont quelques fois contre moi
Je ne suis pas ce que l'on croit
Contre l'aventure de chaque jour
J'échangerais demain la joie d'un seul amour
Mais je suis là comme avant mal aimé

About #5, a typical Thai MV with this classic scheme : "I see you, I like you, you are cheating on me or you have someone and I'm your 'plus one', I'm crying and I slap you if I have enough strength to do it".

Umm yes, I think that's it for the moment. It's almost 3am here and I just noticed I've considered the numbers in a weird order...

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
hahah thank yah thank yah.

ok so the story is she was debating whether we should do it in french or english. but because the little prince is such a meaningful book and all she wants us to really take something out of it and thats why she's letting us do it in english. and like our presentation is a oral and we have to elaborate on the quotes we chose and how our example choices relate to it and etc. so yea.

like i know a couple thai songs but then i would have to translate them in english so my class understands and yea etc. etc. so i want to get an english so that everyone can understand it and see how it relates to the quotes and whatnot