Let me here your opinion...

kiaalor

sarNie Egg
So...in the Hmong community, we always here this news about the husband killing his wife about she cheated on him. There was this one case, where the huband killed his wife (they have six kids together)...from what the news and the media were saying....she cheated on him and went to his work place to get money for lunch. He killed her and put her in his trunk.

Just curious, what's your thougth? I really think Hmong people espcially OLD Forks need to seek counseling...and these husbands need to stop killing their wives and these wives need to stop cheating....

Sorry for the LONG writing....just wanna hear your opinion and thoughts. :lol:

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hmong people need to get over it. if their spouse doesnt want to be w/them anymore.

no need to be aggressive. they need serious help. counseling for sure. :)

Mysty

sarNie Hatchling
I think it's unfair. -_-

The man cheats on the woman, and he gets nothing but a mere divorce and or scolding from family. Or if he's sad enough, a beating from his wife. :loool:

The woman cheats on the man and she ends up dead.

But yes, they totally need to stop fcking around. Not only do the wives need to stop cheating. The HUSBANDS too. They're the fckholes who be calling up young girls in Laos and doing all sorts of wild crap behind their wives back.

These idiots killing their cheating spouses need to educate themselves in the art of divorce. It'll save them prison time.

pangrakpepper

sarNie Hatchling
I think it's bad and they do need to stop it!!!!! If they can't forgive each other I think they should just get a divorce and go their own ways instead of killing each other. I think it is so stupid to cheat on your husband or wife. Why don't they just get divorce before they start dating someone else?

cecilia

Staff member
come to think of it .. it's something serious but yet funny too.

very hard to say in the hmong society. men are just greedy at time b/c they think they can cheat but their wife can't cheat unless they're divorce. but anyway, thing like this creeps me out and stop me from seeking marriage. you just never know when your turn will come or when that love vanish. i hate to be in their shoe but i dont' get it why sometime women just dont' try to protect themselve from getting into this kind of situation. cops, call cops, once you're divorce, don't work thing out with them again even if you love them or whatever.

but serioulsy, SOME OLD HMONG PPL need counseling on things like this .. and a good shelter to stay and protect themselve. but then again, alot of young women out there don't want to be call or judge as 'DIVORCEE' <--that's not in my dictionary and i'm sure, there are other ppl out there that don't want to do that, but like i always tell my mom, if i ever get caught in between this situation, i dont' care, only way out for me is DIVORCE and cut the family connection to save myself from geting abuse. ALSO depend on one value one own life too.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
Sometimes, people let their emotions take over, which leads them to kill/abuse..etc...

A couple who's been married for some times and have kids, even if the wife cheats on the husband, or the husband cheats on the wife, they should both think about their children and think about the future of their children (and also about themselves, that it's not the end). There is still tomorrow and eventually, things will get better as time goes by. But, some people acts upon the situation as soon as they finds out that their spouse cheats on them, which may leads to killing.

A piece of advice my bf always want me to keep in mind: "Dont think with your emotions. Think with your mind."

d2bnarak

sarNie Hatchling
I just don't koe what to say.... I mean of course i don't want hmong people to be killing each others.....But it really depend on the situation..... Well something it may be a serious problem, like if the wife is such a b**** that they can't control their angry...But i agree they should talk and not kill....

cecilia

Staff member
^hey, we have more kids than that in our family .. when they're small, it's alot but when everyone in highschool/senior high/college. the house is empty!

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Sometimes, people let their emotions take over, which leads them to kill/abuse..etc...

A couple who's been married for some times and have kids, even if the wife cheats on the husband, or the husband cheats on the wife, they should both think about their children and think about the future of their children (and also about themselves, that it's not the end). There is still tomorrow and eventually, things will get better as time goes by. But, some people acts upon the situation as soon as they finds out that their spouse cheats on them, which may leads to killing.

A piece of advice my bf always want me to keep in mind: "Dont think with your emotions. Think with your mind."
Great advice there. Too bad it only sounds good when said, but when one comes across this situation, most will act accordingly to their emotions. So it all comes down to one's judgement of the situation and how they resolve it.

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
with all of the stories of husband killing their wife i think i don't want to get marry because i don't know if i'll be killed or not. there was a story in wisconsin that a man tried to kill his wife even though he was the one cheating on her. what kind of creepy hmong dudes out there. geesh!

SweeTie_Dan

sarNie Juvenile
that guy is related to some of my freind... I they say that the guy say he doens't care if he get in jail but he weither kill the mom bc she is such a B**** and her family but he just feel sorry for his children to had a father that got to jail..... I don't koe but something like this is really hard to judge but first things plese don't kill......well sorry for using bad word....

mokka

sarNie Adult
Hmong men needs to put their pride down a little... killing your wife is not the end of the world... there will probably be someone better for them out there...

smiley_ka

sarNie Egg
For realz...Hmong men need to quit & realize that people change & not all marriages work the way they want it to be.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i think it's because traditionally hmong men use to be in charge of many things.
they could have many wives and mistress and get away with it. cause it was culture.

now in america, women have more liberty.
so now women have become independent of men.
and once a women exercise her potential and her strength,
some men may see that as a threat or a problem.

there are women who kills their husband too.
crime is every where and crime has no race.

it's sad to hear and it does need to stop.
but. yah. that's my view.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
I think the reason we see this repeatidly in the hmong community is because tradition decrees that no matter what you stay with your spouse and work it out for the children and to save face...you know its true, everytime a couple has a problem or someone threatens divorce, the whole family will hound in on them and convince them to stay together...what follows? a few days later they kill each other...I'm all for culture and tradition and all but the fact is some people can't handle the pressures of life like they used to and killing here is a lot more common than it was back in Laos...our elders need to let go of the staying together even if you're on the brink of killing each other thing, it doesn't work...divorce is a horrible thing but necessary if its going to keep two people happy and out of the ground...people say what about the children? well the fact is if they stay together their children are going to go through the rest of their lives needing psychological help because they had to face their parents arguing each day...how can they be happy if their home is always tense and full of anger? Children may need the peace just as much as the parents do.... solution? don't advocate divorce but don't rule it out either...use your status as an elder and judge correctly when two people can work it out and when they can't...saving face about divorce is one thing, saving face about death is another...