Let's window shop food together

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Oh god I hear you!! My bf is like half my size but eats 3x as much. Like he can eat a whole boat of sushi but doesn't gain an ounce where I eat half a roll and I'll look like I'm rolling out vs walking. Ugh!!!!
Ahahahhahahahhahahahahj lmaooooo :risas3::risas3::risas3:

This description is too real!! Lmaooo :risas3:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Lol I’m so guilty of this place too lmao but I actually go for brown rice here which I can’t tell the difference from white rice either lmaoooo they all taste the same hahah
lol I think I’ll try brown rice with my bowl next time then ;)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh gosh all of you guys sound so skinny saying NO to rice ahhhajajaja I can’t! Rice is everything I eat everyday! No wonder there’s a pig in the house ahahahahahhaahhaah :risas3::risas3::risas3:

But yea if I’m serious I will stop eating after 5 or 6pm. And then if I get hungry, maybe snack on celery or carrots with a small amount of ranch. Lol :p

~|

But right now I would really want some Durian!! Fresh durian please!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
I am anything but skinny unfortunately lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Like, I don't even understand. I feel like my metabolism packed and moved onto another body when I turned like 27ish lol. I used to be able to eat fine and not worry about weight as much. Now, I eat strictly and I exercise but can't seem to lose weight fast enough =/. Mai Kao Jai.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Like, I don't even understand. I feel like my metabolism packed and moved onto another body when I turned like 27ish lol. I used to be able to eat fine and not worry about weight as much. Now, I eat strictly and I exercise but can't seem to lose weight fast enough =/. Mai Kao Jai.
Girl you're going to go into another change at 30 lol.

Anyone had pickup stix? Their brown rice is pretty good. More sticky and chewy, yum.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Try turning 40...I seriously wish I have the motivation to work out. It would do me so much good. I just find it so boring. On Saturday, I finally had enough eating too much where I actually got sick. I had 3 hotdogs, 2 bowls of rice with chicken and spicy sauce, some cookies and glass of milk and snacks in between then about 10pm I wanted some noodles...after eating a bowl of noodle I got sick because I was so full. I was so nauseated and started gagging. It was the worst feeling. This is the problem I have, I have no idea what the word moderation means.

But in 4 more months I will be turning 40 so I am just blessed where I can still eat a lot of the things I want and not put on too much weight. I am envious of people that can say no to food though.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Try turning 40...I seriously wish I have the motivation to work out. It would do me so much good. I just find it so boring. On Saturday, I finally had enough eating too much where I actually got sick. I had 3 hotdogs, 2 bowls of rice with chicken and spicy sauce, some cookies and glass of milk and snacks in between then about 10pm I wanted some noodles...after eating a bowl of noodle I got sick because I was so full. I was so nauseated and started gagging. It was the worst feeling. This is the problem I have, I have no idea what the word moderation means.

But in 4 more months I will be turning 40 so I am just blessed where I can still eat a lot of the things I want and not put on too much weight. I am envious of people that can say no to food though.
I'm a few years behind but I notice that starting at 30 my body began storing everything I eat in my thighs, stomach, butt, arms, ok my whole body. Like the past 2-3 months I've been stress eating and losing my waist :sad6: Now I can't fit any of my dresses that I bought in February. Omfg! :sad6:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I'm a few years behind but I notice that starting at 30 my body began storing everything I eat in my thighs, stomach, butt, arms, ok my whole body. Like the past 2-3 months I've been stress eating and losing my waist :sad6: Now I can't fit any of my dresses that I bought in February. Omfg! :sad6:
Mine starts creeping up after I was diagnosed with IC...but I am lucky enough that I managed to be off any medications. But having my second kid kind of threw everything off a bit. I usually never eat dessert after my meal before my second kid but as after I have him, I suddenly love sweets. My thighs and face gain the fastest weight but also be the first to go if I shed any weight. Our metabolism takes a break once we get older...kind of sucks cause it should be the other way around. We need all the help we can get when we get older yet our metabolism doesn't think so lol

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
This is a sad thread now lol many of us are overweight ahahhahhhaah jkjk we are healthy!:coleman:

I have a sweet tooth! I do anything for sweets. My mom and sister are sick of my sweet tooth. Lol! But I can’t help it! I love me a strawberry cheesecake too lol :risas3::risas3:

But yea— I think I’m going to stop eating after 6pm just to be on the safe side. Lol :p and snack on celery and carrots instead. Even have grapes instead even though I don’t like grapes at all. Lol :rolleyes:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ok what I'm going to post, please don't see me as a party pooper! I'm just concerned about everyone because of my own experiences. You do not want to become diabetic it is extremely HARD. Doctors don't honestly know why I eventually became one because my eating habits were considered "low risk" so they don't attribute it completely to what I eat. Based on my counseling interview when I was diagnosed (this is also when I found out I was pregnant, so great, huh?) lol. Anyway they think maybe because I had Gestational Diabetes in a previous pregnancy that caused me to miscarriage (it was undiagnosed) that it eventually developed into real diabetes. However, there were a few "risky" things in my life

1. Although I didn't eat badly, I never ate routinely (makes your body produce its own sugar and your pancreas have to work harder)
2. Inadequate sleep, Lack of sleep is very bad for your body in general. Like, I was literally only sleep 2-3 hours max per day for years (don't even ask how I survived lol).
3. Yo-yo dieting. I woud go on diets and then fall off the wagon and restart, this is very bad for your body. Instead, slowly limit your portions and slowly substitute healthier alternatives in your diet that way you aren't shocking your body and then eventually fall of the wagon. IF you do mess up one day, it's fine don't beat yourself up over it just continue working at it again, don't stop because you messed up once and restart again. |
4. Stress, believe it or not this is very much important to our health. I could be eating good all day and exercising good all day, but if I am stressed out my blood sugar will be through the roof, then I try relaxing strategies or working out to relax and voila numbers are down to normal.

Don't take this as me giving ya'll advice and such, just sharing my experiences. Doctor's say if I weren't already a person who practiced good eating habits and exercising regularly I would be on some form of medication at my age already. The only time I need meds if I ever become pregnant again because apparently it is mch harder to control during that time.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Ok what I'm going to post, please don't see me as a party pooper! I'm just concerned about everyone because of my own experiences. You do not want to become diabetic it is extremely HARD. Doctors don't honestly know why I eventually became one because my eating habits were considered "low risk" so they don't attribute it completely to what I eat. Based on my counseling interview when I was diagnosed (this is also when I found out I was pregnant, so great, huh?) lol. Anyway they think maybe because I had Gestational Diabetes in a previous pregnancy that caused me to miscarriage (it was undiagnosed) that it eventually developed into real diabetes. However, there were a few "risky" things in my life

1. Although I didn't eat badly, I never ate routinely (makes your body produce its own sugar and your pancreas have to work harder)
2. Inadequate sleep, Lack of sleep is very bad for your body in general. Like, I was literally only sleep 2-3 hours max per day for years (don't even ask how I survived lol).
3. Yo-yo dieting. I woud go on diets and then fall off the wagon and restart, this is very bad for your body. Instead, slowly limit your portions and slowly substitute healthier alternatives in your diet that way you aren't shocking your body and then eventually fall of the wagon. IF you do mess up one day, it's fine don't beat yourself up over it just continue working at it again, don't stop because you messed up once and restart again. |
4. Stress, believe it or not this is very much important to our health. I could be eating good all day and exercising good all day, but if I am stressed out my blood sugar will be through the roof, then I try relaxing strategies or working out to relax and voila numbers are down to normal.

Don't take this as me giving ya'll advice and such, just sharing my experiences. Doctor's say if I weren't already a person who practiced good eating habits and exercising regularly I would be on some form of medication at my age already. The only time I need meds if I ever become pregnant again because apparently it is mch harder to control during that time.
Omfg, the bad parts of numbers 1-4 are EXACTLY me...to the tee! I’m freaked out now...and I don’t even have any freakin kids!!!! Oh gawd!!

And I love my strawberry cheesecake too!!!!!!!!!!!

@KitKat516 congratulations, hon! I kind of want to go back to school too even though I’m freakin old now...go for a PhD in something...lol...but I’m so crazy busy as is. It’s not gonna happen. I just miss school, to be honest. Adulthood suck!! Hahaha

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Omfg, the bad parts of numbers 1-4 are EXACTLY me...to the tee! I’m freaked out now...and I don’t even have any freakin kids!!!! Oh gawd!!

And I love my strawberry cheesecake too!!!!!!!!!!!

@KitKat516 congratulations, hon! I kind of want to go back to school too even though I’m freakin old now...go for a PhD in something...lol...but I’m so crazy busy as is. It’s not gonna happen. I just miss school, to be honest. Adulthood suck!! Hahaha
Thank ypu dear! Well I completely changed my career from business marketing to Occupational Therapist specializing in early interventions with Peds. School was very stressful and studying for my board is even more stressful.

Mine starts creeping up after I was diagnosed with IC...but I am lucky enough that I managed to be off any medications. But having my second kid kind of threw everything off a bit. I usually never eat dessert after my meal before my second kid but as after I have him, I suddenly love sweets. My thighs and face gain the fastest weight but also be the first to go if I shed any weight. Our metabolism takes a break once we get older...kind of sucks cause it should be the other way around. We need all the help we can get when we get older yet our metabolism doesn't think so lol
Well I went downhill when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and breast cancer. My cancer is in remission now after years of treatment but still have to deal with the thyroid issue. Most of my food are organic now, locally grown so that I know it's safe but I indulged in carbs a lot. That's my downfall actually and I had some friends and colleagues suggested I go gluten free. When i dont eat gluten, I don't feel as tired or my body doesn't feel weighted but again bread and pasta are my weakness.im glad im not fans of sweets, love making them but don't like to eat them. I have desserts maybe a handful of times a year but man gotta have my bread with balsamic and EVOO!

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Woah, pho pizza.. I’d try it

Credit Stretched Pizza IG

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I ain’t got no clue what it’s called.. I would add some sort of meat into it too.. but still looks good to me:)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Yum, this looks good rn.

Credit YAN Foods FB
Someone correct me if I am wrong, this dish is similar to the Laotian dish called Khao Piak? I am Hmong and we eat the dish too but spell it Khaub Piaj, I believe that’s how we spell it. Here, the dish has shredded chicken in it!

Credit Hmong Recipes YT

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Someone correct me if I am wrong, this dish is similar to the Laotian dish called Khao Piak? I am Hmong and we eat the dish too but spell it Khaub Piaj, I believe that’s how we spell it. Here, the dish has shredded chicken in it!

Credit Hmong Recipes YT
It does look like khao piek but I've never seen it that clear, more like the second picture. I make them pretty often, 1 bag of rice flour and 3/4 bag of tapioca flour with 4 cups of boiling water. You use the rest of the tapioca flour to sprinkle onto the cutting board, cut noodles, and knife to keep it from sticking.