maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Hi! I was wondering if anyone on this forum is living with a mental illness or mental illnesses? I’m still quite new on this topic even when I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, specifically Bipolar 1, since 2012.

For 4 years I was in denial that I have signs and symptoms of Bipolar disorder and that it is a Real illness. I don’t like to talk about something so personal to me due to the stigma surrounding Bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses, and the judgement I might receive, being called “crazy” or “insane” but I thought those living with a mental illness or mental illnesses on this forum could find a place to get together and share their stories, experiences, thoughts, knowledge. If you’d prefer, I’m available to Direct Messaging as well.

Here’s my story in short: I have been to the psych ward at my local hospital a total of three times since first knowing I have Bipolar 1. Honestly, the last two times, I went off my meds due to denial. I will never go off my meds again, I’ve learnt my lesson.

I’m happy to say I haven’t been to the hospital, the psych ward, since 2015. So what are some of the signs and symptoms of Bipolar 1? I know I get into episodes of Extreme depression where I just want to lay in bed all day, and then other times I feel so Great and elated and energized! Those are the highs and lows of Bipolar. I have also experienced what professionals call psychosis, a disconnect from reality; I even thought I was the Savior at one point during a manic phase. Like wtheck, but really, that’s what the mental illness I have made me think. Those are some of the signs and symptoms of Bipolar disorder. I won’t go into more details about what I went through but will share on here or DM if it will help others. I still don’t fully understand mental illnesses and would love to learn more about them as well. Please join me! I hope to know I am not alone.

I know, it’s not all negative. There are also positives to mental illnesses. There are painters, comedians, singers, writers who have a mental illness or mental illnesses, and aren’t ashamed of admitting it. Mental illness has been linked to creativity, being highly empathetic and open to different views and ideas, along with compassion, etc.

Last edited:
P

PrincessKarina

Wow. I’m so proud of you for sharing all those details! I won’t be able to relate but I just want to show you some support! I’m a Christian so I see things differently. I pray the best for you sweetheart! :icon12:

fairytales

sarNie Egg
Thank you for sharing this story with us. We’re all here to listen and help if we can. I myself am not familiar with mental illness, however stay strong my dear.

sarN

sarNie Granny
stay strong! i actually know ppl that have bipolar , one of my client's daughter have it , i talk to her alots and we get along great but at time she would get upset with me for no reason at all . i never understand why she have mood swing til her mom told me about her bipolar condition And another person is my friend's brother , at 25 he black out and woke up with amnesia , he stay at the hospital for weeks , his memory return but he was never the same again, sometimes he relapse and forget how to walk *sigh* but he doing good now .

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Thanks, @sarN ! Yeah, it gets pretty sad and frustrating when I haven’t told others about having Bipolar and they misunderstand. Thank you for sharing :icon12:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I will start posting facts, and Motivation for those having a hard time living with a mental illness on here. Please feel free to join!

Last edited:

Zen G

sarNie Egg
I have anxiety - social anxiety, general anxiety, you name it. I had IBS before. I always ensure I have medicine in me or I'll collapse in pain. These days though, I experience choking rather than IBS. It's a pain. I am trying my best to fight it. The effective way so far was to read the BIBle, pray, read books, sing praises. It's been my therapy. I withdrew from God and rarely prayed in the past. Now, I am putting my faith back in Him!

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I have anxiety as well. I have had anxiety when away from home, in public places. Felt like I wanted to run away and hide, or I’d faint. :( I don’t know the difference between a panic attack and anxiety attack? Maybe I have had both.

I have used prayer as well and being present in the moment.

NongS

sarNie Hatchling
Beautiful thread.

I have had depression and anxiety (not severe but moderate), nothing comparable but it gets dark and the worst is the lack of motivation

Attachments