Long distance relationship

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
mmmm soo is there anyone who ever experience this or know someone having it , personally i did, it last from 2010 to 2012 , i was watching on youtube  now some vdo of people who had this experience some of them was truly amazing like a fairy tale mine wasn't but memories are beautiful in my mind , so i said why not create a topic in AF to see how other people think about LDR :p

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I think its ok as long as you really know that person, not like just met online and start dating. It has to be a person that i've met and known for a few years.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Bieluvr said:
I think its ok as long as you really know that person, not like just met online and start dating. It has to be a person that i've met and known for a few years.
some people get to know each other online and never met and they maintain that relationship sometime for 2,3, and 4 years too , it may sound crazy but believe me if you didn't experience it will be hard to believe it can work , but actually it does i know some people got married from knowing each other online but it's quite not often the percentage of an online relationship to become real and have a happy ending is weak 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I know sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't I've had a cousin of mine who dated a guy who she met online. They planned to come meet each other and she told me about it. It wasn't until a few days later that her parents called everyone and told us that she was missing and asked if anyone knew anything. I told them about what she told me and so the police went out to look for her. It turned out that the guy was a rapist who had just gotten out of jail a year ago and he killed my cousin. That's why I don't trust online relationships. So I'd rather the person be someone i really know in person.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Bieluvr said:
I know sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't I've had a cousin of mine who dated a guy who she met online. They planned to come meet each other and she told me about it. It wasn't until a few days later that her parents called everyone and told us that she was missing and asked if anyone knew anything. I told them about what she told me and so the police went out to look for her. It turned out that the guy was a rapist who had just gotten out of jail a year ago and he killed my cousin. That's why I don't trust online relationships. So I'd rather the person be someone i really know in person.

omg i'm sooo soorrryyyyyy for hearing that that's terrifying, i never heard about something like this before LDR do have risque that's why you should be really careful when you talk online then i guess that's the black horrible side in such a relationship , i really sorry for reminding you about that   :cry:

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
It's fine. It's been a long time ago. I still wish I would've told someone earlier, but i didn't know at the time. But I'm fine with long distance relationships. If we ever plan on meeting then, we have to bring a whole group with us just to be sure. :)

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Bieluvr said:
It's fine. It's been a long time ago. I still wish I would've told someone earlier, but i didn't know at the time. But I'm fine with long distance relationships. If we ever plan on meeting then, we have to bring a whole group with us just to be sure. :)
soooo true :yes: when you have this kind of relationship be sure you let your friend, sisters know about it they will help and advice you and bring someone with you when you meet the person it's soo important thank you Bieluvr for sharing your story it's really touched me  :kiss2:

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Your welcome. :) I just hope anyone who does decide to have a long distance relationship or online relationship could think thoroughly before doing something stupid.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
My sister had a long distance relationship. It was sweet, but in the end she didn't end up with that guy though. But my sister told me that she loved him the most. Kind of sad. I think it just depends on if you're really patient and willing to wait to meet that person or not.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I had this LDR with a guy for a while. We started off as friends and became close. I fell in love with him, but things didn't work out. I loved him the most but I was able to move on. My now current bf was also a LDR. We dated for 3 years until he decided to move to my state. We didn't plan it that way but he made the sacrifice to move close to me. Before we met at the beginning of the relationship I've made him get on a webcam and talk through the mic at the same time. I've talked to his mother before and all my friends and family knew of him. We are still in a relationship now and it's going smoothly.

I think it only works if you put trust and honesty into it. From both sides. Also, use CAUTION. I've seen Catfish (the movie. yes there was a movie about Nev before he made it a show) and know all the red flags. If s/he doesn't want to take pictures or get on a webcam RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Nowadays it's easy to use a webcam. You can use a phone app to video chat, or use a friend's phone etc. There are a million ways to check. If the person refuses then something is fishy. And, the first time you meet make sure it's in a huge public place and bring several ppl with you.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
p. Zoua said:
My sister had a long distance relationship. It was sweet, but in the end she didn't end up with that guy though. But my sister told me that she loved him the most. Kind of sad. I think it just depends on if you're really patient and willing to wait to meet that person or not.
my case is like your sister i really too  loved the person it was soo importing to me even we didn't met 

x0unerthanlater said:
I had this LDR with a guy for a while. We started off as friends and became close. I fell in love with him, but things didn't work out. I loved him the most but I was able to move on. My now current bf was also a LDR. We dated for 3 years until he decided to move to my state. We didn't plan it that way but he made the sacrifice to move close to me. Before we met at the beginning of the relationship I've made him get on a webcam and talk through the mic at the same time. I've talked to his mother before and all my friends and family knew of him. We are still in a relationship now and it's going smoothly.

I think it only works if you put trust and honesty into it. From both sides. Also, use CAUTION. I've seen Catfish (the movie. yes there was a movie about Nev before he made it a show) and know all the red flags. If s/he doesn't want to take pictures or get on a webcam RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Nowadays it's easy to use a webcam. You can use a phone app to video chat, or use a friend's phone etc. There are a million ways to check. If the person refuses then something is fishy. And, the first time you meet make sure it's in a huge public place and bring several ppl with you.

:thmbsup: :thumbsup: that's soooo sweeeettt :spin: :spin: good luck for both of you and your advice is  veryyy important thank you for sharing it :p

sarN

sarNie Granny
Well, I have a strange case, I meet a boy one line , since 2003 ? It was at a fourm , we talk but never romantic , we into lakorn & talk about funny stuff , I had always felt he was ..gay but I never voice it . I found out later 2014 he was gay loll. The point is , I didn't have a long distance romance but an online friend that I adore. I can't do LDR ...nope ,I will cheat on him loll . My baby brother have an online gf & I ask him the other day about her & he said they broke up ( I think he lying b/c we tease him so much about it lol) . She in college & 3 years older than him , I told him that why it won't work b/c college years is when she meet ppl & social , he won't stand a chance against the dorm boys ^^^^ my baby brother is very handsome , he remind me of Barry N

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
sarN said:
Well, I have a strange case, I meet a boy one line , since 2003 ? It was at a fourm , we talk but never romantic , we into lakorn & talk about funny stuff , I had always felt he was ..gay but I never voice it . I found out later 2014 he was gay loll. The point is , I didn't have a long distance romance but an online friend that I adore. I can't do LDR ...nope ,I will cheat on him loll . My baby brother have an online gf & I ask him the other day about her & he said they broke up ( I think he lying b/c we tease him so much about it lol) . She in college & 3 years older than him , I told him that why it won't work b/c college years is when she meet ppl & social , he won't stand a chance against the dorm boys ^^^^ my baby brother is very handsome , he remind me of Barry N

LDR is definitely is not for you SarN :ghehe: well good that you weren't romantically involved with the guy else you will be heartbroken :p

Step

Mrs James Ma
I really want to know if you're a psychiatrist. You get it right everytime. If this is also true, then I assume you are one. If not, I think it was just a miscalculation :coverlaf:
peace said:
i sens   you are in a LDR :pervie:  and you are writing this advice to remember them :lol:

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Step said:
I really want to know if you're a psychiatrist. You get it right everytime. If this is also true, then I assume you are one. If not, I think it was just a miscalculation :coverlaf:
ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOO i was joking girl , but omg  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  why everyone say that to me my family and my cousin and friend used to tell me the same thing i swear , and now hearing it from you just made me explodes of laugh you don't know me on person but you said something  all the person who i know say it to me   

Step

Mrs James Ma
Cos I'm smart  :p  we are a team so I know you a bit  :tease: lol jk
peace said:
ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOO i was joking girl , but omg  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  why everyone say that to me my family and my cousin and friend used to tell me the same thing i swear , and now hearing it from you just made me explodes of laugh you don't know me on person but you said something  all the person who i know say it to me   

sarN

sarNie Granny
Also, LDR wouldn't work for me b/c I have to physical see, touch , feel the guy , I mean , if he mine I want to keep him in check & know he just around the corner if I need him loll , like you know , to get me something to eat or something loll

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
sarN said:
Also, LDR wouldn't work for me b/c I have to physical see, touch , feel the guy , I mean , if he mine I want to keep him in check & know he just around the corner if I need him loll , like you know , to get me something to eat or something loll
i knew you will say that from your status and comments apparently   you are a woman with many needs so LDR will never work for you  lol