Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't belive in it But Don't Doubt it

• Yes and No Depends

• Total voters

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ok on these other forums I've been in theres been a big buzz on long distance relationships and I wondered how sarNies felt about it ... and I noticed a thread on it also ... so I wanted to know everyones opinion

my opinion

Yes they do based on the maturity level of the two people and the willingness to work things through ... why I believe they work? well because I have a good friend on sw :p who is a great example of one and myself also =] my boyfriend moved his life all the way from Sioux Falls, South Dakota to be with me as in permanently living here and not visits ... whats funny about that? well he made that decision even before meeting me once face to face ... true that a lot of people were against it .. because they believed that we could have gotten someone close.. I mean no doubt I was able to find someone here already, but sometimes feelings grow in the strangest places? Even when I went on dates before he and I hooked up I found myself thinking of him....

No they wouldn't work... why I believe they also wouldn't work? well because I've had my shares of long distance relationships 3 all together out of all the relationships I've had before. Sadly the other 2 didn't turn out to well.. one there were trust issues and bad blood? I mean I don't regret those relationships, but then again I could have been better without them.. one was a special friend to me before we hooked up and it sucked when we broke up because I didn't miss the relationship I missed our friendship and I still hope to rebuild that someday ... and the other one totally lied to me about his identity .. his name ... his location and etc... and like a sucker I was young and blind and stupid .... I believed everything he told me until I came across his myspace page Lol his real one! to see his name was not what he told me it was and he was not single like he said he was .. he was engaged!

so all in all I conclude that I am half and half I am yes no depending on the situation and the two people ....

Now Whats Your Opinion? ;]

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i been in one it worked im still in it tho i see ma other half sometimes buh if its tru love it will work! finding the time for ur other half would be heard if time diff is diff buh i always find time hehe 7 months now!!

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
hmm..interesting topic..ok..let me see..

as for me..i "was" in a long distance relationship.we were together for a year & some months before we even met in person.many people would ask me if it would even work between us..i mean..it was hard..cos he was there and im here..1300miles apart.we did everything that we can to keep in contact with one another.there were problems here & there ..which i think was normal for any relationship.but what made us pull through was "commitment"..and of course communication...and now we're together..happy=] almost 2years and what can i say?? i love him very very much...but yeah

i guess it depend on the two people if they want to hold on to it or is it even something that they want to go through..cos trust me..it takes alot of patient and lots & lots of communication as well...

vina_lek

I picked 'yes' & 'no,' b/c I really think it depends upon a person's preference. For me, it's a matter of choice.

If someone really wanted something, they can make it happen no matter what if they really believed. Personally, I don't go for LDRs. Unless someone I really loved just had to relocate say... to a place that really needed her, then I'll make that LDR work.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
:D oooh a chance to boost frequent flyer miles and have a tour guide in each country.... <---- my reason to consider long distance relationships...n i mean loooooong distance mulitple relationships.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
like vina_lek I didn't really go for long distance relationships and I had a love interest here also .. but eh ... that guy turned out to be an A double S LOL so talking to my current bf more and more each day I found it weird that I would miss him... and stuff .. I told myself after a few failed ldr's that it was over rated and kind of lame because it was the same old story over and over... but bumping into my current bf randomly and then talking leading to him moving here .... was odd... but can't say it turned out bad because it gets better and better <3

and LOL P'D heck yeah that would be awesome but if I had the funds LOL but you wanna be my first visit? LOL

vina_lek

lol. It's funny b/c I used to be all for LDRs, when I was younger but not so much now. Don't know what happend, but I definitely believe it could work. :arrg:

The only way I see myself in one is if whoever I'm w/ at the time moves, & it better be for a good reason! :lol: But that's me, & I enjoy reading about some of you Sarnies and your LDRs. Everyone has their own story, & it's always cool to read about. ;)

OnlyU

sarNie Elites
I vote yes because I think it depends on the two person. If you are honest and trust in each other than Yes it will work. It worked for me. My hubby was in Thailand and I"m here in US. We were together for almost 5 years before got married. We are not happily married and living together. If you believe it will work, than it will work!

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
long distance relationships...what can i say....its just ".........." lol

btw..onlyu..i so love your banner..so beautiful..hehe

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
OnlyU... not happily married... 5555

To be honest... do you know of any happily married couples? I have yet to hear of any. :^P

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
P'Dyno Me! LOL =p it depends on the two people's maturity actually .... Tim and I haven't had that many explosive arguments ...we disagree on things and move on and talk about it and such, but nothing to major ... but eh maybe its because its the "Kao Mai Pla Man" stage haha j/k LOL oh and I kid about the married part

dfemc

sarNie Adult
ONLY U, u musta missed the meaning of ur statement by one letter :D

"NOT HAPPILY MARRIED" versus "NOW HAPPILY MARRIED"...:lol:

i'm assuming u guys racked up flight mileage going back and forth to see each other for the LDR tho for it to have worked out. hahhaa....well hey, u got two different lives to share by having separate experiences, i guess that's the upside.

cuz i take it most of these failed LDR are uhm, kinda uhm...in a different world, i don't think it involves seeing each other that often, or more like having never met each other EVER. that's prolly why...hmmmm..gee.

so what were the bumps on ur road of LDR? just curious, if u don't mind moi asking :D

i like ldr... the one i'm in rite now is my first ever and yea i was kinda bleh at first but we're still going strong for almost 2 years now... but i think it's all up to the person like tina said their maturity level... just putting in my two cents...hehe.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i don't think it's impossible....

my 3 sisters who are married all had long distance relationships with their husbands and in the end, they all got married to each other....so it can work....i think if you really care or love each other, being farther apart makes you miss the person more and you think about them a bit more....cuz they don't always hang around you and get clingy or annoying...

even my sister who is currently dating now is in a long distance relationship with a guy from Virginia and we're in Wisconsin...that's about 900 miles there....

Angie

sarNie Hatchling
I'm in one right now. I met my fiance three months ago. I live in the US and he's overseas. I flew over to see him a month ago and we got engaged. It depends on your maturity level, the communications, patients, and understanding from your partner. So far we are happy as a couple. I love him very much and vice versa.

noungning

Heartless
:D oooh a chance to boost frequent flyer miles and have a tour guide in each country.... <---- my reason to consider long distance relationships...n i mean loooooong distance mulitple relationships.
lol i think this is one of the reasons i enjoy those 23 hour plane rides. i kid!

gosh, it'd be good if i rank those miles under one carrier, but the prices are killer to get same carriers every time. so i guess it's good to just try one that's cheaper lol and keep on saving those miles... -_-

I vote yes because I think it depends on the two person. If you are honest and trust in each other than Yes it will work. It worked for me. My hubby was in Thailand and I"m here in US. We were together for almost 5 years before got married. We are not happily married and living together. If you believe it will work, than it will work!
wow nice job! :clap:

i'm sure u mean "we are now happily married" :)

as for my answer for this is yes and no.

everyone is different. not everyone can predict that their relationship will be grand and dandy. though the two may be from the same neighborhood, they can end up in a tragic divorce. same goes for long distance relationships. some can make it work, and some can't make it happen. if u believe in yourself, your significant other, then it will work out because u will make it work.

long distance relationships is ten times more communication than a normal relationship. phone, email, snail mail, and gifts. but not being there to comfort one another when they're in need of a sholder to cry on and someone to hold them as they are going through various difficulties is drenching and vice versa.

i'm in one myself. it's hard, very hard. i met him on a trip i made to thailand last year, from then on we talked on the phone as i'm back in the states for about 8 months and i made another trip back to see if things are really the way i've seen it via the phone. and all i can say was my trip back was very veryyyyy hard :( :spin:

it takes lots of communication and trust, so if u think u don't have the two, it's not for u.

good luck if u are pursuing one. ;)

Nicky

sarNie Hatchling
Its all depends ... yes and no.

I think it takes a lot for a long distance relationship to work. There's pros and cons if you can get through it and keep it strong, it will last. Trust is the key too.

I gotta say it very hard ... when you miss them you can't see them and spend time together. When they're out your wondering what they are doing or who they're with? When you're sad you don't have there physical comfort.

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
Ok it does depend on each person and how htey are willing to hold relationships. I personally am not hte type to be able to work out a long distance relationship. I can never do it. I don' thave the patience, the time, or hte dedication. If you have the time to do it that's great, kudos for all those that are willing to do it. I just think it takes a lot of worrying, etc. etc. from experience things were great for a while until we met each other an dit was different. there wasn't any real life chemistry. For me to take that chance again? no, i would not, i'd like to meet this person before i persue any feelings for them. It's a gamble some people get lucky and win and some people just lose and its a waste of time. So for those that it does work out for that's wonderful, and for those that think it's not for them, that's great as well everyone has their own preferences. I like mine about an hour away. HAHAHHA safely away from me but close enough hahahaha.

i don't think its ten times more ning, you can have the same type of communication when they are here with you, it's just different forms of communication. haha i still write emails and texts and talk on the phone even since he's like fourty mins away, the gifts and stuff can stillb e sent, just no letters, please i dont want to decipher chicken scratch. HAHAH

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
Its all depends ... yes and no.

I think it takes a lot for a long distance relationship to work. There's pros and cons if you can get through it and keep it strong, it will last. Trust is the key too.

I gotta say it very hard ... when you miss them you can't see them and spend time together. When they're out your wondering what they are doing or who they're with? When you're sad you don't have there physical comfort.

I SO AGREE WITH YOU NICKY! thats why i can not do that anymore ever again. haha

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
i picked yes and no. As you all said, it depends on two people and not on how many miles you are far from each other. Sometimes we live near, we see each other like every day, but we feel like we are so far from each other heart....When sometimes we live in different places or countries, but our heart is the same and nothing and nobody could make us get enough of loving or thinking of each other.

To live a long distance relationship, you have to be sure that the love you feel for each other is deep and real to stand the distance, cos it's hard for the heart. I have a good example of a lasting long distance relationship : my cousin. Before she married with her husband, they only communicated by letters and telephone. They did that for 12 years, and their love never faded away. That's so cute.
Another example : my other cousin. He met his wife in France. She's from the USA and they had that long distance relationship for a while too. Now they are married and happy.

I don't think the distance is a problem if there are deep feelings for each other. Distance can be one if we cannot contain our physical desire :D .

Some people would say that we could find someone who is closer to us, sure we can, but will that person be as the other one? i dun think one person could replace another one.

For my part, i don't know, i'm too scared and weak to live that again or live any type of relationship....I'm happy enough with my Meuh Meuh, my lil cow lol...

Well, that was just my opinion.