Love Hidden by Hate COMPLETE

lin88

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 13
On Mint's birthday
Fern: Are you doing anything for your birthday today?
Mint: Nothing. Going to be a nice quiet one.
Fern: Want to go out for bubble tea after school?
Mint: Yeah why not. (Feeling in her bag) What is this? (Pulling out a copy of The Princess Diaries)
Fern: Is it not yours?
Mint: No. Wait there's a card.

Card: To the most beautiful princess in my eyes, Happy 16th birthday hope it is filled with wonderful surprises and plenty of gifts. Love always your secret admirer...

Mint: I wonder who it is? How did they know that I wanted this book?
Fern: Maybe we will never know...

Mint and Fern went to get bubble tea and then headed to Mint's house to hang out. Mint opened the front door.

Everyone: SURPRISE!
Mint: Oh my god! What a surprise. Thank you so much everyone.

Everyone enjoyed the night. Eating, Dancing and chatting with each other.

The Graduation

Everyone was busy doing their own stuff that before they knew it; it was the Year 12 Graduation. Mark, Nadech, Yaya, Boy, Margie and Kim were so excited that they were finally graduating. They had rehearsals to prepare themselves for the night. They practised singing, walking up onto the stage to get their certificates, the presenting of the awards, the final walk and many more. The student representatives decorated the hall and set out the chairs and tables. The students received the tickets for the family members that were going to attend.

Mint: So how was practice everyone?
Yaya: So tiring but I am still so excited.
Fern: Congratulations to everyone. I am so jealous that you guys are graduating.

Mint had a sad face.

Kim: (Nudging Mint) What’s the matter sweetie?
Mint: It’s just that it’s going to be very quiet at school next year with everyone gone it will just be Fern and I.
Fern: Hey you calling me boring.
Mint: (Laughing it off) No, I was just saying that it wouldn’t be the same

Everyone was laughing it off.

Mark: (Lifting the tickets) Hey Mint. Here are the tickets that my parents told me to get for you and your parents.
Everyone: Ooohhh…
Nadech: I am sensing that something is up
Mark: Oh shhh…will you

Later on that day Mark past Mint on the foot path outside the classroom.

Mark: (In a serious quiet tone) Mint I have to talk to you please meet me at the lockers near the art room at lunchtime.

Mint was so surprised that nothing came out and before she knew it he walked off to class already. Mint was curious as to why he wanted to meet with her, she was thinking about it during class then the lunch bell rang. She walked up to the art room and she saw Mark already waiting there for her.

Mint: (Not looking directly at him) So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?
Mark: (Stuttering) I…It’s just I wanted to…
Mint: (Worriedly) What is it? What’s wrong?
Mark: Don’t worry it is nothing bad…I think…
Mint: Well if it’s not bad, what is it?
Mark: I…I just wanted to say…
Nadech: (Having his arm around Yaya’s waist) Hey what are you two doing down here?
Yaya: Yeah we’ve been looking for you two everywhere.
Nadech: Don’t tell me you two are (Putting his two index fingers together)
Mark and Mint: (In unison) NO…
Yaya: Aww… and I was getting so excited seeing you two together.
Mint: (Pulling Yaya away because she was getting embarrassed) Come on lets go Yaya.
Mark: Wait…

But Mint and Yaya walked away faster.

Nadech: So what’s happening? Have you told her yet?
Mark: (Giving Nadech the angry, annoyed face) No, I was just about to but you two butted in.
Nadech: (Putting his arms up in a defensive way) Hey man chill, didn’t mean to. You should have talked faster.

Then they walked to join the rest of the group.

It was the night of the graduation and the Year Twelves were getting ready and putting on their robes for the ceremony. All the guests were starting to arrive and took pictures with their children. The ceremony went on beautifully. Everyone enjoyed the night then the parents stood outside waiting for their children. Mark came out to his parents and Mint and her parents.

Mr S: (Tapping Mark on the shoulder) Congratulations son you finally graduated.
Mrs S: (Giving Mark a hug) I’m so proud of you
Mark: Thanks dad and mum. Thank you uncle and auntie for attending my graduation.
Mr W: Wouldn’t have missed it for the world
Mrs W: Congratulations. So what’s next for you?
Mark: I plan to study engineering at university. Umm…Aunt, Uncle can I borrow Mint for a while. I just need to talk to her about something.
Parents: Sure we will be waiting here.

Mark walked towards the building nearby and went behind the wall. Mint followed behind with a curious face. Mark came to a sudden halt and Mint nearly bumped into him.

Mint: Hey you should have warned me when you were stopping.
Mark: Sorry about that.
Mint: No worries. Anyways what is it you wanted to talk to me about?
Mark: (Clearing his voice) Will you go out with me?
Mint: (Surprised) WHAT?
Mark: What I am saying is I…I like you. I have liked you for along time and now I would like to go out on a date with you. So…what do you say will you go out with me?
Mint: (Slowly) Um truth is…

Mark was beginning to have a worried face as he was expecting bad news.

Mint: Truth is I like you to, I have liked you for a long time now and I would be more then happy to go out with you

Mark was so happy that he went to hug Mint. The whole gang leapt out from behind the wall and cheered. Mint was all embarrassed and Mark just kept his arm around her waist. Mark and Mint’s parents were looking from afar and smiled at each other.

Nadech: About time man.
Boy: Yeah we’ve waited so long.

That year they all spent Christmas together as a group of couples. They exchanged gifts and sat around talking and reflecting on the years of high school. They also spent New Years together. They sat on the grass in the park watching the fireworks. All the boys had their arm wrapped around their girlfriends.

Mark: (Whispering into Mint’s ear) Happy New Year.

Then he gave her a peck on the cheek. Mint just blushed.

Mint: Happy New Year

The End

Sorry for the short chapter. The story had to come to an end. Be sure to look out for my next story The Marriage Proposal. It will be a continue on of this story. I wanted to leave this story young, innocent, and cute. Hope you liked the story

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi lin
Thank you. It was a very sweet ending for everyone especially MM, finally they're open with each other. Thank you for your time writing this ff and am looking forward to your next, The Marriage Proposal.

lin88

sarNie Hatchling
keylargo said:
Hi lin
Thank you. It was a very sweet ending for everyone especially MM, finally they're open with each other. Thank you for your time writing this ff and am looking forward to your next, The Marriage Proposal.
Ur welcome. Hope it wasn't too short...I will try to start uploading very soon :thumbsup: