[Mainland] Ballad of the Desert

fun

Expired Sarnie
Starring:
Hu Ge
Liu Shi Shi

English title: Ballad of the Desert

Final casting has yet been finalized.

Forget prince charming and fictional Thai pra ek, I want my Huo Bu Qing!!!

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I only want Hu Ge as HQB so that my ShiGe dreams come true. I'll be fine if Hu Ge chooses to play MJ but I'd prefer him as HQB. Kekeke, the scenes would be really interesting. ;)

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I only want Hu Ge as HQB so that my ShiGe dreams come true. I'll be fine if Hu Ge chooses to play MJ but I'd prefer him as HQB. Kekeke, the scenes would be really interesting. ;)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am not a GeShi shipper but I would love Hu Ge to be HQB. As for Eddie... I am not much of a fan and you know that will only lead me to say... I don't want him cast in here haha.

Anyways I went ahead to read the chapter caps at Koala's Playground... wished it was completed before I actually read because the wait is just too excruciating lol you know I stalk that blog like crazy now. I go once there every 1-3 months depending on what the blogger is capping.

Anyways here is what I have to say about chapter 25... I am so angry at Jiu Ye lol yo man too LATE in the game!!!

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I am not a GeShi shipper but I would love Hu Ge to be HQB. As for Eddie... I am not much of a fan and you know that will only lead me to say... I don't want him cast in here haha.

Anyways I went ahead to read the chapter caps at Koala's Playground... wished it was completed before I actually read because the wait is just too excruciating lol you know I stalk that blog like crazy now. I go once there every 1-3 months depending on what the blogger is capping.

Anyways here is what I have to say about chapter 25... I am so angry at Jiu Ye lol yo man too LATE in the game!!!
Lol. I'm a huge GeShi shipper. Heck, I ship LSS with practically all her male costars. xD Eddie is good looking but other than HQB, idk who he can play. Unless he plays Yi Zhi Xie or one of those other guys.

Haha, I check Koala's Playground blog every 10 minutes for an update. She's spoiled us so much that we're impatient now.

Agh! I like Jiu Ye but he better now steal JY from HQB! ]:<

fun

Expired Sarnie
what is this movie about?
Credit to Koala (koalasplayground.com)

A wolf girl grows up amongst the wolf pack of the Xi Yu desert region of Western China, where many different tribes existed which sought to remain independent from the encroaching military forces of the Western Han empire. This wolf girl saves a man dying of thirst in the desert, and he in turn kidnaps her. A Han scholar who is an advisor to the Dan Yu (Leader) of the Xiong Nu tribe, this man becomes this feral wolf girl&rsquo;s adoptive father. He forces this child of 7 or 8 to learn to walk upright, speak the human language, and live amongst the people, namely the Xiong Nu tribe. He names her Yu Jin. She resists initially, howling at the moon to be freed, but she eventually settles into the human world and grows up amongst the sons, daughters, and tribesman of the Xiong Nu.

Yu Jin is but a child of 12 when she is forced to face the grim reality of the ruthlessness of political succession as there is a change of leadership within the Xiong Nu. With her father dead, Yu Jin manages to return to her wolf tribe, were she is welcomed back and finds solace in the leader of the wolf pack, whom she calls Brother Wolf. They roam the plains together, with Yu Jin a girl who is no longer completely a wolf, but cannot return to the human world because the only one she knows is gone. A few years pass before one day, Yu Jin decides to steal some supplies from a traveling caravan. She is caught, but the leader of the caravan is a young man whose beauty and serenity captivates Yu Jin. He offers her the supplies she wants, but because she&rsquo;s been wearing the same tattered clothes for the last few years, she asks for a skirt if they have one. The young man gives her a beautiful Luo Lan (another ethnic tribe) outfit.

As Yu Jin continues to roam the plans with Brother Wolf, she runs into another group of travelers, this one seeking her assistance in getting out of the Xi Yu desert. In the group is another young man, with twinkling eyes and a piercing gaze. Yu Jin leads them to the edge of the desert, and she demands payment of coins for her services. Meeting these two groups finally convinces Yu Jin that she can&rsquo;t hide in the desert forever. Her adoptive dad wanted her to learn Han history and language, because he was a Han citizen and wanted her to become one. Yu Jin decides to use the coins to travel to Chang An, the capital city of the Han dynasty. There she will not run into the Xiong Nu, and she can finally fulfill her dad&rsquo;s wish for her to return to her motherland.

Yu Jin arrives in Chang An and hereby starts her story which will span years with so much colorful and stunning trials and tribulations. She changes her name to Jin Yu (her loved ones call her Yu Er or Xiao Yu) and tries to forge ahead with just her brains, derring do, and audacity. She runs into the two young men she met in the desert &ndash; the man who gave her the Luo Lan outfit is Meng Jiu (real name Meng Xi Mo), the reserved and contemplative owner of the largest business in the city, and the other guy is Huo Qu Bing, the all-around brash and decisive young general who is also nephew to the Emperor. Jin Yu&rsquo;s life in Chang An takes her into close orbit with both men, and with it develops a love story fraught with choice, unwavering commitment, and sacrifice.

Check out her blog if you want to read caps of the novel. The drama is still in the process of making.

fun

Expired Sarnie
^You're welcome. I guarantee you will love Huo Qu Bing. I hope the drama will follow suit in recreating him.

Yippie!!! Hu Ge is playing HQB!!! I wonder who would be the other male cast.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
^You're welcome. I guarantee you will love Huo Qu Bing. I hope the drama will follow suit in recreating him.

Yippie!!! Hu Ge is playing HQB!!! I wonder who would be the other male cast.
Even though that one thingy confirmed Hu Ge as HQB, I'm still not positive about it. They could just be trying to make us hyped up for the conference(?) tomorrow. I really hope that Hu Ge's HQB. I'd still love it if Hu Ge were MJ but my ShiGe hope would die. UNLESS, they pair up for another series. xD

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Han Dong(9th prince from BBJX) is playing as Li Gan.

This poster has destroyed my ShiGe OTP dreams. :'( It looks photoshopped but it's the poster from the conference room for DMY tomorrow. :/ I'm secretly hoping for Tangren to be playing an early April Fool's joke on us ShiGe shippers

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm boycotting this drama. Hu Ge will now be playing second lead. I heard that it was because Wallace turn down the role so Hu Ge volunteer to play the second lead role leaving OMG my worst nightmare... Eddie Peng to be playing HQB. I am in tears. So disappointed.