[Mainland] Cruel Romance

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Are you watching Shanghai Bund fun?? I'm addicted to it. Haha. HXM is so freaking hot. He's totally rocking as a bad*ss gangster. Now this is what I've been craving to see in Chinese
cinema. I looked for something like this in Once Upon a Time in Shanghai with Andy On and Philip Ng, but that was a waste. I can't believe What I've missed. Haha.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Y'all don't know it but I waited years to see Shaghai Bund get completely subbed.  HXM was so yummy and attractive in there.  *coughcough*  It was also another breakthrough role for him after Condor Heroes.
 
I've been mia due to my studies but I totally can't wait to catch up on this.  I'll prob catch L&L after, since I like HXM more 555 XD.
 
As for mainland actresses... They're slowly growing onto me.. slowly.  I can watch and stand them but.. there hasn't really been an actress who wowed me in terms of look.. or acting.  Fun, I would really love to see LYF in dramas again.. but I doubt it anytime soon.. yes she's mediocre at acting but.. she's so pretty *sniffsniff*
 
And phatman.. I just watched that film earlier today and... I'm just thinking to myself.. Phillip and Andy must've had a blast filming since they are great buddies.. I was like it's them playing themselves in real life.. :p  They were great eye-candy though.. I will always support andy :) :) :)  But that film... it could've been better.. sigh.
 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
Y'all don't know it but I waited years to see Shaghai Bund get completely subbed.  HXM was so yummy and attractive in there.  *coughcough*  It was also another breakthrough role for him after Condor Heroes.
 
I've been mia due to my studies but I totally can't wait to catch up on this.  I'll prob catch L&L after, since I like HXM more 555 XD.
 
As for mainland actresses... They're slowly growing onto me.. slowly.  I can watch and stand them but.. there hasn't really been an actress who wowed me in terms of look.. or acting.  Fun, I would really love to see LYF in dramas again.. but I doubt it anytime soon.. yes she's mediocre at acting but.. she's so pretty *sniffsniff*
 
And phatman.. I just watched that film earlier today and... I'm just thinking to myself.. Phillip and Andy must've had a blast filming since they are great buddies.. I was like it's them playing themselves in real life.. :p  They were great eye-candy though.. I will always support andy :) :) :)  But that film... it could've been better.. sigh.
Oh god I can't imagine how torturous it is waiting years for subs . I can't even wait a week. Haha. I'm glad then that I caught it late because everything's completely subbed! It's weird because I thought Chinese series would have official English subs, since they attract A wider range of international fans, but I guess not.

Yeah, Philip and Andy are such good buddies. And I agree, that film could've been so much better. Hehe.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I waited for so long that I forgot I was waiting lol.  But I've become so used to that feeling that I just watch stuff raw now, like for most of my asian dramas.
 
I've been watching HXM grow eversince 2006 when he got his breakthrough... He had like so little work but because of ROCH & SB, he skyrocketed in fame appearing everywhere now... which I actually don't mind.  I just can't catch up though lol. 
 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
I waited for so long that I forgot I was waiting lol.  But I've become so used to that feeling that I just watch stuff raw now, like for most of my asian dramas.
 
I've been watching HXM grow eversince 2006 when he got his breakthrough... He had like so little work but because of ROCH & SB, he skyrocketed in fame appearing everywhere now... which I actually don't mind.  I just can't catch up though lol. 
I know. I'm done that before where I'm waiting for subs and then completely forget.

He's a late bloomer then huh? Well, he's quite the actor. Hehe.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yeah, he was a late bloomer alright.  He was great buddies with Vicki Zhao Wei & Chen Kun when they were in the academy but those two were already getting work before graduation.  Vicki was popular with Princess Returning Pearl and Chen was getting popular with film roles etc.
 
HXM was really blessed to get the emperor role for Da Han Tian Zi.  He started to gain fame and recognition from that series and ROTCH & SB kicked him high into the sky~~~~ :D :D :D
 
He has a great personality and I love his acting, hence that's why I've been supporting him for so long.. *sniffsniff* He deserves his fame in my honest opinion.
 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
Yeah, he was a late bloomer alright.  He was great buddies with Vicki Zhao Wei & Chen Kun when they were in the academy but those two were already getting work before graduation.  Vicki was popular with Princess Returning Pearl and Chen was getting popular with film roles etc.
 
HXM was really blessed to get the emperor role for Da Han Tian Zi.  He started to gain fame and recognition from that series and ROTCH & SB kicked him high into the sky~~~~ :D :D :D
 
He has a great personality and I love his acting, hence that's why I've been supporting him for so long.. *sniffsniff* He deserves his fame in my honest opinion.
 
SB did do him good. That's the drama that made me fall in love with him! HEHE. I'm trying to get my hands on American Dream in China. It seems like a good film. 
 
I adore his friendship with Zhao Wei. They're so close like a couple, but you can feel that they love each other like real good friends only. It's a pity things didn't go through with the two, they'd be adorable together! HEHE.
 
Off topic: Where is the gif in your siggie from? HEHE. A drama?
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
She is a "Mrs. Huang" now but not HXM.  555.  Yes I love their great friendship, it's so sincere and loving.
 
I still haven't gotten the chance to watch American Dreams, but I read that it was successful.  Deng Chao was also in there XD.
 
 
 
O/T:  As for my siggy gif, it's of Shun in Ouroboros, where he plays a yakuza.  <3<3<3 I love Shunnie.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Just got done watching the first ep and I'm enjoying it.  It's a pity I can't enjoy it to the full extent since it's not Ming's voice :p  He looks really handsome in here but it looks like his face got a bit skinnier.  I don't know if I really like the leather jacket on him much.  The wardrobe overall for the drama so far based on ep 1... I don't know if I like it much.. it's supposed to be the early 90's but.. some of the wardrobes look a bit to modern for my liking.  Oh well.
 
As forChen Qiao En, she is quite cute!  I can't find a reason to dislike her for some reason lol.  I usually enjoy most of her work.
 
 
I couldn't help but let out ssome laughs though.  Teacher Chen tells her to run away but he pushes her down the hill making her roll instead.  And the kiss scene between her and Ming where he wipes his lips afterwards hahaha.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm only six eps in but I'm really enjoying it. I sense a love triangle in the future between ZZ, JX, and YD... And maybe a love square? If I include the Japanese guy.

I must say I'm really enjoying the cast. I started liking the guy who play ShiHao ever since You are my Sunshine, and he also reminds me a bit of Yuan Hong too. It's nice to see that he is in here too but I think I would've liked a different hairstyle on him.

As for Ming, he's shirtless so much 555. I love how when JX trips or something, her hands always land and grabs ZZ's chest :p.
 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
She is a "Mrs. Huang" now but not HXM.  555.  Yes I love their great friendship, it's so sincere and loving.
 
I still haven't gotten the chance to watch American Dreams, but I read that it was successful.  Deng Chao was also in there XD.
 
 
 
O/T:  As for my siggy gif, it's of Shun in Ouroboros, where he plays a yakuza.  <3<3<3 I love Shunnie.
I know. Just not HXM's Mrs. Huang. Haha.

Yeah, it's available on Yesasia so I might just purchase myself a copy. Hehe.

Is that a new drama of his?? Or new film? I haven't been keeping up with his works since Rich Man, Poor Woman. Hehe. I'm guilty!

Shirtless?? A lot? Oh you're making me anxious to watch this. Haha.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Sigh, I caught up faster on the sub's than I expected. ZZ's interest for her did grow fast that I can't really believe it in a way. Sure she saved your life a few times but I wish there could've been more interaction shown so we could see his love development for her. I love his envious moments though. He's rough and cold but he could be such a gentleman when he wants to :3 :3 :3. I've seen the teaser a bit for when he gives his mother's jade bracelet to JX and the evil girl borrows it to show it off to ZZ..... I'm just like omgahhhhhh that is gonna stir up so much trouble. Poor poor poor ZZ.

I'm still surprised that the guy who's with the Japanese still hasn't seen JX ever since that incident though.

I think I'll take a pause on this drama until there's more subs completed, because I don't want to miss any important details. :)


O/T: Ouroboros is Shun's latest dorama with Ikuta Toma that just recently finished airing. It's based off a manga.
 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I was reading some posts from other sites and I don't know... I'm enjoying it too much right now. I feel that I'll be too hyped or have too much expectation.... Well I do have a few expectations since it took a while to film and air.. Plus I have a bias towards HXM. I hope I'm not expecting too much though... Don't want to be disappointed much *gulps*
 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
Sigh, I caught up faster on the sub's than I expected. ZZ's interest for her did grow fast that I can't really believe it in a way. Sure she saved your life a few times but I wish there could've been more interaction shown so we could see his love development for her. I love his envious moments though. He's rough and cold but he could be such a gentleman when he wants to :3 :3 :3. I've seen the teaser a bit for when he gives his mother's jade bracelet to JX and the evil girl borrows it to show it off to ZZ..... I'm just like omgahhhhhh that is gonna stir up so much trouble. Poor poor poor ZZ.

I'm still surprised that the guy who's with the Japanese still hasn't seen JX ever since that incident though.

I think I'll take a pause on this drama until there's more subs completed, because I don't want to miss any important details. :)


O/T: Ouroboros is Shun's latest dorama with Ikuta Toma that just recently finished airing. It's based off a manga.
 
Haha. That's why I'm slowing down on catching this one, because once I start and get hooked I'm sure I'll catch up to the subs soon. HEHE. 
 
THANKS!! I'm gonna go check it out. Gangster Shun is definitely my thing. :ghehe: Not sure if I like the hairdo thought. HAHA.
 

fun

YGfamily
Okay I started to pick upon this drama again. Yeah Imworking on going through my list of unfinished dramas one by one.

As of right now, I really cant stand JX (Qiao En character). She is the type of female lead I hate hahaha she is so dense and stupid yet they make her smart and an expert in certain things. You cant be that smart and then be a complete fool.

If she continues her foolish behavior and antic, I might give up on this completely.
 
Top