[Mainland] Cruel Romance

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I am hyped for this one as well Fun.  I'm especially loving the cast!!  Huang Xiao Ming & Joe Chen Qiao En... it can't go wrong hehehe :)

I'm glad to see him doing more dramas again and for Joe too for being in more China dramas lately.  :3

fun

Expired Sarnie
Adapted from a Republican-era novel called The Fate of Jinxiu <錦繡緣>, Cruel Romance tells the story of Rong Jinxiu (Joe Chen), a country girl who travels to Shanghai in order to discover why her entire family was killed. Along the way, she meets triad leader Zuo Zhen (Huang Xiaoming), and after a series of accidents and misunderstandings, the two fall in love.

Also vying for Jinxiu’s attention is businessman Xiang Yingdong (Kimi Qiao 喬任梁), a businessman and close friend of Zuo Zhen. Ever protective of his woman, however, Zuo Zhen refuses to let other men even come close to Jinxiu – which ultimately pays off when a villainous Japanese man (Qi Ji 戚 迹) tries to finish off Jinxiu and her remaining family members.

credit to jaynestars
when i read triad boss and overprotective, i was sold lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
Finally has an air date. Sept 1. Whoo just around the.corner.. It says to have 48 episode. I pray that this get subbed but knowing it is a daily drama, subbing will take forever.even if this does.get picked up .

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I don't know if I like the leads, but the story is interesting. I have a thing for cold yet kind-hearted triad leaders. HEHE.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
How can you not like the lead, Phatman?  :whatever: hehe
For the simple reason that I've never seen him before and he's not attractive at first sight. Hehe. Oh but trust me, once I watch a guy act as a cold, yet kind-hearted triad leader perfectly I'll love him to death. That's how I am with triad motion pics. Hehe. We'll have to see how his character and overall fashion is. If the character is to my liking I'll most likely fall for the guy playing him. Hehe.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am not sure if you follow Mainland and Hong Kong entertainment but he was in Return of the Condor Hero 2006 version. BFF with Chen Kun and Vicky Zhao for 15 plus years. He is currently dating Angelababy.

I have search for today episode and no luck.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I am not sure if you follow Mainland and Hong Kong entertainment but he was in Return of the Condor Hero 2006 version. BFF with Chen Kun and Vicky Zhao for 15 plus years. He is currently dating Angelababy.

I have search for today episode and no luck.

Oh yeah, I follow Mainland China and HK cinema, BUT not TV series, well not as much as films anyway. I'll watch one once in a blue moon. Wow he's with Angelababy?!? She's so...young for him...imo. BUT whatever. 
You can't find episode one? Let me help you search for it! HEHE.

Off topic, but Hwang Xiaoming reminds me of Dick Wei. If you know who he is. HAHA.

HMMM maybe it's not yet available to be uploaded onto streaming sites??

chulie

sarNie Egg
It was never slated to air in Sept. That rumor went over some fans head and they got excited a but too early.

fun

Expired Sarnie
New air date Feb 28 2015!!!

For goodness sake they need to stop pushing the dates. This is just too cruel!!!

sarN

sarNie Granny
the Chinese most of love this time period because 'lady and the liar' are around the same setting but this one look cool w/ all those fighting skill and yes i do love man in black  :dance1:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I believe this was filmed before Lady and Liar. Yeah the Republic era is quite popular but it seems like no one likes that time period lol 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Sigh, rewatching the trailer again.... makes me miss Ming so bad!!!  Please stop extending the air date gahhh!

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
It's already up to ep 12..but raw no eng sub..YouTube have ep 1 subbed if you guys didn't know. Love it so far even though didn't understands what they're saying.