[Mainland] Cruel Romance

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
Surprisingly..havent expected the love making scene yet...zuo zhen sure is fast..it's good jin xiu finally know who she really love & gave herself to him willingly.

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
The title doesn't sound like it will have happily ever after? Which is a shame as I cannot watch those type of endings

fun

Expired Sarnie
Call me crazy but I am addicted to this drama. I am currently on episode 10 and I am watching this without English sub, just relying on recaps but the recaps are not as thorough as I want it to be.

Jin Xiu has been annoying since the beginning and Zhen Zuo is not the best character ever written but considering the time period this was set in, I am totally in love. I felt that he fell too quickly in love with Jin Xiu. I mean I didn't see the spark on their first encounter. I am nitpicking a lot in here but overall I am smitten. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I totally forgot about this drama. It's like almost the same as Lady & Liar. HAHA. Does it have Eng subs? 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Viki has episode 1-3 fully subbed. 

The only similarity is that the two lead guys are triad leaders and the setting is in the early to mid 1900s. And of course the two female character shares similar traits, naive, bubbly and most importantly a damsel in distress. Always in the need of protection. I mean of course they do need protection, their lovers are triad leaders and triad leaders are in business of danger.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm on EP4 of L&L, was about to start CR, which I think I will. I liked L&L up until the part the main guy takes advantage of the lead gals amnesia and lies about his relationship with her. This makes him...unlikable. It makes him seem more like the second male lead than the male lead. I know he loves her, but still. It made me lose interest in their love story. I like Hawick as the White Wolf, but hmm...something about his performance bothers me. Maybe because he doesn't look the part. He needs to be bigger (in terms of muscles hehe) and more intense. I'm gonna have to watch CR to see if Huang Xiao Ming will satisfy my thirst haha. Not fond of Joe Chen, but eh, whatever. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Plus I don't buy it that he's fallen in love with her so quickly being a strict triad boss he is. She's not breathtakingly beautiful or has an qualities that would attract a triad boss other than the fact that she saved him and isn't attracted to him. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun, have you seen Huang Xiao Ming's Shanghai Bund? I'm a sucker for early 1900's themed stuff, especially when the male leads the big boss hehe. I just watched an MV of that series and boy does HXM give me butterflies!! I'm thinking about watching it, but I'm not sure, so have you seen it? Go for it or leave it?

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have not seen Shanghai Bund. I tend to watch drama that comes with English sub. Did you know I am so addicted to subtitles that I have to have caption on when I am watching regular TV? I can't even go to the movie theater anymore because I rely heavily on them. My sister goes "you know they are speaking english"... hahah I can't help it. 

I am a sucker for the republican era in China too. HXM makes a better triad leader than Hawick and a more convincing one too. I am not sure if I would recommend it. It's 40 episode long and I am still on 10. Looks like Viki is doing a one and a half episode a week with the subbing progress so I might stop until the subbing team catches up to where I am at. 

I am nitpicking a lot in here but I do enjoy it. I like Joe Chen but I loathe her character in here. I don't like it when the lead girl is overly righteous and naive. She needs help like every 5 seconds lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Is Shanghai Bund available with English sub? If so, maybe I will check it out. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I have not seen Shanghai Bund. I tend to watch drama that comes with English sub. Did you know I am so addicted to subtitles that I have to have caption on when I am watching regular TV? I can't even go to the movie theater anymore because I rely heavily on them. My sister goes "you know they are speaking english"... hahah I can't help it. 

I am a sucker for the republican era in China too. HXM makes a better triad leader than Hawick and a more convincing one too. I am not sure if I would recommend it. It's 40 episode long and I am still on 10. Looks like Viki is doing a one and a half episode a week with the subbing progress so I might stop until the subbing team catches up to where I am at. 

I am nitpicking a lot in here but I do enjoy it. I like Joe Chen but I loathe her character in here. I don't like it when the lead girl is overly righteous and naive. She needs help like every 5 seconds lol

Omg, I'm starting to do that! Haha. I feel like it's my hearing that's going bad that's why I rely heavily on captions. I try not to depend on captions too much though. Hehe. 

Totally, I think Hawick looks more handsome, but he's not as convincing of a big boss as Xiaoming. Xiaoming is tall, so even though he doesn't have big muscles he looks more like an intimidating boss. Plus he just looks naturally like a triad boss. Hawick has to force his facial expressions to look like a triad boss.

Shanghai Bund does have English subs, complete English subs! Hehe. I decided to watch it, since Cruel Romance isn't completely subbed yet and I'm liking it thus far, I'm only on EP2. HAHA. But yeah, Xiaoming is totally rocking the big bro status. He has this charismatic stare that melts you and this authoritative presence that makes him bad*ss. I'm becoming a fan as you can see. I just don't like his chin. It reminds me of Pong N.. Eew. And his hair, no no.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I don't like the female lead in Shanghai Bund either. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Sun Li was in Fearless, I thought she was pretty but why isn't she attractive in Shanghai Bund lol 

I am stalling Lady and Liar because I am not fond of Tiffany Tan. She ruined one of my favorite Taiwanese drama in the China remake of the Taiwanese drama Prince Turn Into Frog. And ever since then I can't stand her but I had no choice because she pairs up with all my lovers. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yeah, she was pretty in Fearless and then looked hideous in Painted Skin. Haha. She's not attractive and something about her acting bothers me. They could've cast someone better.

I don't like Tiffany either. I've been hanging on for the sake of Hawick and the storyline before EP4, but even that couldn't save it. I'm putting a halt on it too, not only because of those reasons, but because subs are coming out soo slowly. I didn't know they had a Mainland remake of that drama. I never watched it, but I heard it was good. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
LOL I think we have issues with Mainland actresses.

I can only think of one person from Mainland that I really like and that is Zhao Wei, Liu Yi Fei (although she is a terrible actress I still like her, it's just sad that she does movies and not dramas any more), and Gong Li.

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
I actually loved L&L...the story & it's beautiful ending although I'm not too fond of Tiffany Tan. Now that I'm also in love with CR not really a fan of joe Chen as well but watching anyway...I am also hoping for a happy ending even though the title doesn't sound like it.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
LOL I think we have issues with Mainland actresses.

I can only think of one person from Mainland that I really like and that is Zhao Wei, Liu Yi Fei (although she is a terrible actress I still like her, it's just sad that she does movies and not dramas any more), and Gong Li.
Yea, I can't think of any mainland actress that I love except for Gong Li, but she doesn't do dramas.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
junemaikao said:
I actually loved L&L...the story & it's beautiful ending although I'm not too fond of Tiffany Tan. Now that I'm also in love with CR not really a fan of joe Chen as well but watching anyway...I am also hoping for a happy ending even though the title doesn't sound like it.
Hopefully subs get done soon so I can watch it after Shanghai Bund.