[Mainland] Gong 3: The Lost Daughter

fun

Expired Sarnie
  • Title: 凤还巢之连城 / Feng Huan Chao Zhi Lian Cheng
  • Also known as: 宫锁连城 (Gong Suo Lian Cheng) / 宫3 (Gong 3)
  • Previously known as: 宫锁幂缘 / Gong Suo Mi Yuan
  • Episodes: 45
  • Broadcast period: 7 april 2014 -
  • Air time: 19:30
Synopsis
At birth, Lian Cheng was exchanged for a baby boy Heng Tai. From then on their fates became totally different. Lian Cheng grew up in the streets and worked at brothels, while Heng Tai grew up in the majestic Wei'e general's mansion. By a mysterious coincidence, Lian Cheng and Heng Tai meet and gradually fall in love, resulting in Lian Cheng returning to the general mansion, her birth home. However, their love is not looked upon kindly, and meet with several obstacles along the way.

Credit to dramawiki

I couldn't finish Palace 1 nor was I able to even pass the first episode of Palace 2. I didn't understand the connection but here is the third installment. If you are a fan of Plum Blossom the first installment, you might enjoy this one since it is I guess you can say a spin off? The first episode aired and it is one of the highest rating this year to start up the first episode. I am not sure if I will watch this since I pass up on the first 2 parts.

Man, this sounds A LOT like Stealing Dragon, Exchanging Phoenix aka The Switch, one of my all-time favorite ancient Chinese series. I fell in love with Zhang Ting and Vincent Jiao in those series. And now, Gong has a sequel with this plot? Hmm...

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
I haven't seen Gong 1...lol but this does sound similar to Plum Blossom part 1. alyssa chia is in this one too...should start watching part 1. XD

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha I loved The Switched. I think it will lean more toward the angsty and melo side like in Plum Blossom than the comedic in The Switch.

I want to watch it but I am waiting for English sub.

fun

Expired Sarnie
This is like a combination of The Switch and Plum Blossom 1. 

I am 5 episode in and I am wondering what Yu Zheng has in store. It has already began to drag.