[Mainland] Heaven Sword Dragon Saber (Huayi Brothers Media Corporation)

macli

sarNie Hatchling
Hey have you guys heard of the new adaptation of HSDS by Zhang Ji Zhong, the guy behing ROCH 06? I am very excited about the remake however I like series with eye-candy heroes and the guy chosen for Zhang Wuji doesn't that kind of looks but they say that he had the acting abilities just poor martial arts abilities but improving. Anyway the actor is Deng Chao and the actress to play Zhao Min is Ady, the girl in Chinese Paladin. HSDS is probably my favorite installment of the trilogy so hopefully it'll be good. It's funny after skimming though some pictures I find the guy extremely ugleee! and with a small change of hairstyle he looked better, a lil bit.

here's the link to ady's blog... http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a40c2980100bf3m.html

It's the scene where ZWJ comes back for the antidote for his subordinates....I love the cute scene with them stuck in the dugeon....

The funny thing is that the scene before this one when he went to dine with her and get poisoned, he had clean hair put up in a bun with a pin in it, now this scene his hair is totally different

Yuna

sarNie Juvenile
Thank you for sharing the news..I all the versions of this series..So, hope that this one will be good..The main leads are cute. Zhao Min is very pretty in here..I haven't see any of her series before but I will get it a try.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I don't like when classics get remade...and it's weird, cuz each company feels the need to remake it at least once, with newer actors...

The original was TVB in the 80s, but TVB didn't remake it until 2000, then the Mainland China company remade it in 2003...not too bad...at least they're not remaking Return of the Condor Heroes, literally for the 5th time...they should leave that one alone, cuz Andy Lau was the best Yang Guo...

I just don't like when they change the story too dramatically, or use too many special effects...

It's like Ch. 7 and Ch. 5 both releasing their own remakes of Jomloey Ruk...cuz sometimes, remakes are good, i.e. Jomloey Ruk, Sawan Bieng, Silamanee...and many others...but if you do it more than once, it kinda gets old...and irritating...this coming from someone that grew up watching both Thai lakorns and Chinese series.

Babyt

sarNie Elites
dunno...her outfits are nowhere near Mangolian...i say i love Gigi's as ZhouMin since that's the first version i saw...but at least her outfits looks like a Mongolian outfit

Natsume

sarNie Adult
I don't like the cast for the remake XD
I've only seen HSDS 2003 and I loved it. The cast was really great.

The remake doesn't really appeal me... but I might give it a try if I have the time...

nerine

sarNie Egg
The newest version, I just hope they would change Zhirou's costume... it's just... looking too old for her!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I liked the Alex Su version -.-" gosh I am still curious of how it links to roch I mean i know how.. lol but who is that girl at the end i've always questioned her relations to the roch characters

Babyt

sarNie Elites
supposedly she's Guo Xiang's daughter...or something like that...thats why she said she has some involvement in the beggar clan as well as yang guo n xiao long ni....

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
dunno...her outfits are nowhere near Mangolian...i say i love Gigi's as ZhouMin since that's the first version i saw...but at least her outfits looks like a Mongolian outfit
The 2003 version gotta be the best becus of the great casting. Alec Su and Alyssa Chia. Good chemistry between the two. Even the girl that play Zhou Zhi Ruo was good looking.

Now for Gigi Lai version ... I like it becus Gigi Lai is soo purrty in that one. But I didn't like the main guy that much. And Charmane Sheh just get on my nerve.

Can't wait to see this version tho...

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I like alec and alyssa version more than any other version..but I will give this a try...I watch all previous versions of HSDS and I would like to watch this one too...wonder when they will release this one?

miss_sherry

sarNie Egg
omg i just watched the trailer to this series and it looks good...i loved alec sue and alyssia version...but this one looks interesting also...can anyone tell me when is it comming outt with english sub title...please asap

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm too bias towards 2003 :lol: I loved it.

@babyt I always thought that she was either yang guo's daughter or guo xiang's daughter or maybe even her older sister's daughter, but I had to re-think because i think that in the novel the leader of the wu tang clan he is friends with Guo Xiang and he's like 100 years old plus I think so that would have to make her 100 years old plus in order for her to be any of their daughters. Then again in chinese drama's people can live pretty long lol well in ancient novels and etc. Also maybe she was a grand daughter?

Natsume

sarNie Adult
Hum... I didn't really like the trailer, especially the bg music xD
By the look of it, I don't think it will be better than alec su and alyssa's version, I so loved it... still, I wish I'm wrong ^^

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
holy crap...another remake of one of my fav series? haha after tony and kitty's version, i didn't think i'd be able to like another version...then i saw alec and alyssa, and it became a tie. lol