[Mainland] Heaven Sword Dragon Saber (Huayi Brothers Media Corporation)

moonstar

sarNie Adult
I was excited about this series until I saw the trailer. It seems like they used too much computer graphic in this series that it's too unrealistic and annoys me. Even the background is computerized. OMG hope the actual series will be good and not too much graphic or power.

sidkin

sarNie Egg
This series should be good since all the ladies are hot. Pa ek is ok looking. Ady An is nang ek in this movie. Last I saw her movies was Fox of Volant, which is awesome. Those who haven't seen it should watch it.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I liked the Alex Su version -.-" gosh I am still curious of how it links to roch I mean i know how.. lol but who is that girl at the end i've always questioned her relations to the roch characters
Okay, so here's the relation, Guo Xiang's youngest daughter is the one who rescued the shaolin monk, who ended up starting the Wu Tang clan. Then she went and started the Uh Mei clan. The young girl that was able to go to Wu Ji's rescue all the time, the mysterious girl, I think she's supposed to be Yang Guo and Xie Long Nie's daughter, especially with the little poem she says at the end...the battlefield plans that Wu Ji uses while they were stuck in the Shaolin temple was what Guo Xiang and Hong Yong were looking for in LOCH...

That's how the original classic was, but the remakes kinda watered it down...a lot

moonstar

sarNie Adult
I didn't really like alec su and alyssa's version. They all look to childish, too young to take such big roles. The new version seems to be the same too but I like how Ady looks in there so I will give it a try.

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
The series just aired today--the first two episodes can be watched on Tudou. I saw the first episode (despite not understanding what was being said). As always, Zhang Ji Zhong never fails when it comes to the cinematography.

(credit: SPCNET)

A little off topic but, I actually hated the 2003 version as much as the 2000 version. Though the 2003 did have beautiful ladies, I can't say much about the men.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
nothing beats 2003 remake with gigi, charmaine and lawrence as the main casts! loved that version.

Gigi and Lawrence version was the 2000 I believe. The 2003 was Alec Su and Alyssa Chia. Both are good but 2003 was better becus they got better cast lol. The prettiest Zhao Min is probably Gigi Lai tho.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
My fave version will always be 1986 TVB version with Tony Leung. I thought his version had the prettiest looking chicks and guys too. TL at least looked like a man and not a kid like Alec or grandpa like Lawrence. I thought everyone from the girl who played Yang Buhui to Kitty Lai was pretty.

I've seen a bit of this new version but haven't decided if it's good or not. I don't understand the language either and I'm guessing there's no subs out yet. I saw the part where Ady/Deng Chao were fighting and the battle at the peak. I like Ady in ZM role so far. At first I thought she was going to be too cutesy and silly and she is at some parts but she pull off the arrogant with a bit of ruthlessness too.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I think she is yang guo n xiao long ni daughter because she mentioned the cave and the eagle hero...which both associated with long ni and yang guo.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Isn't it highly impossible for her to be their daughter? The events of Heavenly Sword is about 100 Plus years after ROCH so that would place her at like 100 years old and she doesn't look that old unless it's because of martial arts and etc. Cause Zhang Sanfeng the founder of the Wudang sect is about 100 years old he was a little boy in the ROCH era >.< she would look close to his age. Unless it's some type of martial arts like Long ni who was alot older than Yang Guo but still looked very young. The ice bed I guess? Maybe she's a grand daughter? Shrug >.<

jeanie

sarNie Adult
IA, I always thought Yellow dress chick had to be a granddaughter or even later considering the time lapse between Roch and HSDS. Guo Xiang was a generation younger than YG/XLN and she started Eh Mei. By the time HSDS rolls around ZZR was the 4th or 5th leader wasn't she? Hell she might've been just a student or something, JY never made it clear imo.

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
the 2009 version was not as good as i thought it would be..most of the storyline was so stupid and boring..i prefer the one with tony and kitty, that is the best out of all i've seen..this version was so out there..i really dislike it and want my money back..

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
IA, I always thought Yellow dress chick had to be a granddaughter or even later considering the time lapse between Roch and HSDS. Guo Xiang was a generation younger than YG/XLN and she started Eh Mei. By the time HSDS rolls around ZZR was the 4th or 5th leader wasn't she? Hell she might've been just a student or something, JY never made it clear imo.
if u listen to the last sentence she was saying...with the eagles an all it tells you who she was...she is the decedent of YG/XLN...thats why she knows the martial arts of the skeleton white fist..i hope thats how it goes..

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
I like 2003 version (Alec Su & Alyssa Chia) better but I love Jet Li's version more (movie) ^_^

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think that the girl in the yellow dress is a 3rd to 5th line descendant because according to the novel the leader of the Wudang Sect he is only a few years younger then Guo Xiang and in Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre he is like 100-200 years old no?

I wish this were Thai Dubbed already but I don't think it'll get dubbed TT.TT I haven't seen any dubbed chinese drama for awhile but I've seen taiwanese dramas get dubbed