[Mainland] Let's Watch the Meteor Shower

mong_chong_ee

sarNie Egg

i am lazy, for more info go google yourself...maybe someone can go get all the single pix of who who plays who..

or i can get a big more motivated later and do all the picture inserting job and start an awesome thread

now that sounds like me

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Weird so this is gonna be a mainland china production? Because the taiwanese version is meteor garden right?
Yes, this is Mainland China's version. Meteor Garden is Taiwan's version. Funny that this version is called Meteor Rain though cause the taiwanese mini-sequel/prequel stories to Meteor Garden were already called that.

BTW - besides Mainland China... the Phillipines are supposedly making their own version too. :blink:

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
Yes, this is Mainland China's version. Meteor Garden is Taiwan's version. Funny that this version is called Meteor Rain though cause the taiwanese mini-sequel/prequel stories to Meteor Garden were already called that.

BTW - besides Mainland China... the Phillipines are supposedly making their own version too. :blink:
errr... i don't want another remake of that! :wacko:

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
errr... i don't want another remake of that! :wacko:

Me too... the japanese version put me to sleep... zzzzz. It's just because I was tired of watching the whole storyline again. I'm not even attempting the Korean version at this point in time yet. It'd would be like an overdose on the storyline or something. :)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think the storyline is ok but it's so typical I guess it's just me i've seen these types of storyline over and over just like watching a lakorn so now a days it's hard for me to be motivated into watching something over and over again lol

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
i only watched meteor garden. i didn't watch the part two. i didn't try watching the japanese version even if it was the original coz i think they're just the same. i'm not watching the korean version either! so, i'm definitely not gonna watch the chinese and filipino versions!

i just wanna shout to them: please, give it a rest already!

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart

yup... they are also planning to have a Philippine remake of HYD... I've read it somewhere...

nikki1786

LizQuen

some filipinos are making a petition now not to remake the HANA YORI DANGO... -_-" though i know the thread is still ongoing and some of them like to have a version. crap! i dont want a version-version anymore... -_-

the source says that they will make the HANA YORI DANGO filipino version too... but that would be after chinese version... because philippines still planning to air the HANA YORI DANGO korean version here. -_- so possible for the philippines to have the remake version is either late 2010 or early 2011.

because the abs-cbn (ch2) is currently booked for some upcoming dramas of 2009 and trying to collaborate with other countries. all i know is for the next stop is Korea... if they are planning for collaborated drama again.

also there are korean dramas to choose from that philippines is planning for remake version. that's why the FORUM itself is at survey...

so its either the two...

GOONG

or

HANA YORI DANGO

or

HANA KIMI

http://forums.abs-cbn.com/5/ShowForum.aspx

fun

Expired Sarnie
Me too... the japanese version put me to sleep... zzzzz. It's just because I was tired of watching the whole storyline again. I'm not even attempting the Korean version at this point in time yet. It'd would be like an overdose on the storyline or something. :)
tell me about it, i read the manga, watched the anime, watched the tawainese version, watched the Japanese version, and currently watching the Korean version because the guys are too adorable. The girls... uh... no comment... lmao

mainland china and filipino version lmao what is next a thai version :loool: which i wouldnt mind... you know how twisted thai people are, they completely change the storyline. ie. soo seang tawan... lmao it follows exactly like Mesa but with a happy ending and some thai spice. lmao :loool:

nikki1786

LizQuen
tell me about it, i read the manga, watched the anime, watched the tawainese version, watched the Japanese version, and currently watching the Korean version because the guys are too adorable. The girls... uh... no comment... lmao

mainland china and filipino version lmao what is next a thai version :loool: which i wouldnt mind... you know how twisted thai people are, they completely change the storyline. ie. soo seang tawan... lmao it follows exactly like Mesa but with a happy ending and some thai spice. lmao :loool:

hopefully... the abs-cbn network here is not planning to do the remake version... -__-" i prefer the hana kimi to do the remake here... -_-

solin

sarNie Adult
I don't care how many version there will be because I will watch them all lol.
I so love this story that I can watch it again and again without getting bored.
And each version has its own particularity.

nikki1786

LizQuen
i see what you mean... even the "My Girl" filipino version has a different story from the original one. but anyways, i always visit the forum thread of this one to PEX or ABS-CBN... undecided if whom they'll make the f4 guys... -_-"

fun

Expired Sarnie
i see what you mean... even the "My Girl" filipino version has a different story from the original one. but anyways, i always visit the forum thread of this one to PEX or ABS-CBN... undecided if whom they'll make the f4 guys... -_-"
What there is a Filipino version of My Girl?

nikki1786

LizQuen
What there is a Filipino version of My Girl?
uh... yeah... there is... it aired last year and it was a big hit. Gerald Anderson and Kim Chui played the main characters.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/786/mygirlbanner1fj8.jpg

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/img/a...p14_korean1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/dysl...irl/mgcasts.jpg

the guys dont look good like the taiwan and korean F4.
for me... watching Meteor Garden was enough and the japanese. though i didnt finish watching the japanese version. i watched because of Oguri Shun... :p

nikki1786

LizQuen
Hunan TV Remake of Boys Over Flowers Is A Fraud, Friday February 13, 2009

Translated by: DOLCE

It was revealed today that the chinese remake of Meteor Garden, an adapation of the best-selling manga Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio is most likely a fraud.

Japan publisher Shueisha, Inc. who holds the rights to the popular manga had inked an agreement with Group Eight beforehand stating that no adapations of any kind can be made after them in the next 2 years. A Group Eight representative said today, "When we signed the contract with Shueisha, Inc., it was stated clearly that after our Korean adapation, there will be no more drama adapations of the manga within the next 2 years."

Although Boys Before Flowers originated from Japan, it was first made into a drama by Taiwan in 2001 with the resounding success bringing a sequel 2 years later. The Japanese drama adapation followed in 2005 with a sequel and a live-action movie in 2007 and 2008 respectively. All came away with resounding success. Boys Before Flowers is thus labelled by many to bring success to anyone associated with it.

Two years later in 2009, the word that Korea will also be filming their own adapation generated much interest within the nation and overseas. To protect the value of the manga and the Korean adapation, Shueisha, Inc. had decided on withholding the rights to prevent others from filming an adapation of the drama within the next 2 years.

But lately, there was news that Hunan TV together with Days Entertainment Company will be producing a chinese adapation of Boys Before Flowers and has generated a lot of interest with all the casting, etc already finalised. Filming is expected to commence soon. Many fans are however very unhappy because of the drastic changes made to the story. But with the latest statement by Group Eight today, they are properly doing the right thing.

Group Eight and Shueisha, Inc. expressed that they will be keeping a close watch on the China remake in case their copyrights are violated.

source: allkpop.com