[Mainland] Love at Second Sight (Hunan TV)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Thanks to Fun, I just learned that Rainie Yang has an upcoming drama called Love at Second Sight after a 3 year hiatus. She's starring with a new coming actor named Zheng Kai. I'm not sure if I'll tune since I don't like the pair, but Rainie is one of those actresses that can generate amazing chemistry with all her co-stars. I'll have to see because I miss her on screen. She's the only Taiwanese actress that has won my heart consistently over the past decade in various roles since Devil Beside You. The drama will be based on a novel. It was first rumored to be called Not Love at First Sight, but as I'm doing my research, I keep seeing Love at Second Sight. Michael Zhang is way more attractive than Zheng. I wish they would've paired the two up instead :/

THIS JUST AIRED ON AUGUST 5TH!!! Perfect timing that I found out today.

CR: YinYueTai.com / 4HW.com / Yulaba.com/ Iqlu.com/ Sohu.com/ QQ.com/ Sxdaily.com/ ifeng.com/ bendibao.com/ hunanatv.com/ as tagged

Click to see more pictures. 

WARNING! These pictures are some juicy spoilers :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wow it has been almost a year since I last checked for an update and bam it airs. It must have bed n kept under the radar. It's difficult to manage the Korean and Chinese thread.

Thanks Mahalo for doing the research. Will check it out later.

Rainie Yang does have chemistry with all her costar. I have seen all her drama since DBY. And she has made me a fan to a lot of her costar, thats one of Rainie's specialty. I cant stress how amazing she is, even.when.she is slapped with mediocre drama, she seems to make me like her. An example would be Miss No Good. I give a lot of props to Willber Pan and all her costar and staff member. She had one of the most irritating voice ever in that drama.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
That's the exact reason for why I'm a fan of Rainie. She made me become a fan of Joseph Chang, Wilber, Mike He, Show Luo, and Kingone. She's a great actress. Sadly, I don't think the subbers at Viki know this aired. There aren't any English subs yet. Maybe I have to pick up Mandarin to learn also. Lol. I started out with Thai by watching lakorns with subs. Then BAM, I understood the language and am now translating things for other non-Thai speakers.  

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ah I see why it is not well known, the broadcast and production team are not Taiwan base and it is a satellite channel. Even though it is base in Mainland China, it does broadcast in Taiwan. Although Hunan TV is popular in China, it isn't widely watched in Taiwan. International subbers usually focus on SETTV, TTV, and CTV dramas. There's also the minor broadcast stations PTS, CTS, FTV, and GTV. 

This will be her second drama to broadcast with Hunan TV, the first one being Sunshine Angel (remake from the Korean drama Story of A Bright Girl). It was also broadcast on TTV (base in Taiwan). It was so confusing because there was 3 different versions being released. I have this hate for Mainland broadcast station and production.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I was pretty confused also because Rainie usually does Taiwanese based dramas. However, Hunan TV seems to be a part of Mainland. But it's broadcasting in Taiwan so I have no idea if I should put Taiwan or Mainland. Lol.

fun

Expired Sarnie
You can tell it is a Mainland production base on the way they speak. I am surprise they didn't dub over Rainie's voice.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think it's because I have seen so dramas from the two country that I can automatically detect them. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, I can tell that you watch a lot of Chinese dramas by how quickly you can tell the difference. Lol. It's just like how I can detect different dialects in Thai from how Northern Thailand speak to Krung Thep and Isan.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I usually label according to where the home base of the production team if it airs both in Taiwan and Mainland.

fun

Expired Sarnie
So apparently Viki is just waiting for it to get licensed. That means it can take up to a year for this to get subbed unless fansub group of Chinese/Taiwanese dramas pick this up as a project. I really do miss these fansub groups. Some of my favorites were JEM, Intangible, SUBlimes, and DoReMii.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yess! I remember Intangible. Where have they gone? :(