[Mainland] Loving, Never Forgetting

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
The synopsis varies but here's one of them.

She first met him when the blooming lotus flower was falling, only to have to part ways.

Years later, when they reunited, Li Zhong Mou had all but forgotten of Wu Tong's existence, leaving her forlorn, except the only thing he wants now from her is the guardianship to their son. 7 years long years together, can they fix their broken relationship?

This drama is based off the novel by Lian Bai Se. (credit:mydramalist)

You can watch it here @Viki

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I've been watching my Chinese & Taiwanese dramas lately and... I somehow stumbled onto this drama that aired earlier this year.  It's my first time watching Jerry onscreen again after like.. so many years..

He is still so HANDSOME!  & is yummy in the suits he wears!  Tong Li Ya is very pretty too.  I can't recall her much though because I've only seen a few of her works.  She reminds me a bit of Janine Chang.. So I sometimes picture Janine & Jerry together instead.. lol (I know, that's bad but.. hey.. I can't help it ... of course I can distinguish the two though :p  Now I'm hoping to see Janine/Jerry in a drama one day.. *wishful thinkging*) 

I absolute adore Jerry & TLY so far .. even though I'm only like 10 episodes in... and there's like little interaction-interaction with them two... so far the storyline is interesting though.  Not very often will you have a "child" in a drama lately.. but oh the conflicts though... oh... but I'm addicted!

You can't expect fancy editing much in here.. but I think Jerry & TLY makes up for it... Denny Huang too.. I must say the overall cast in here is good too!

cecilia

Staff member
I'll give this a shot after finals -- maybe during Christmas break (aside from volunteering).  Look forward to it just because your recaps sound super good. Thanks, Julie!

BTW, I love that wink gif of Eddie Peng :wub:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ ahh.. Don't hate me in the end Ceci if you dislike it in the end.. Hehe.. I tend to over hype myself at times :p

I must note that the main girl is like really weak though... Hopefully that'll change in the future EPs.

I was thinking that this was going to be like Le Jun Kai.. But it wasn't as intense.. Or yet I guess? At least for LJK we knew p'ek like the girl but purposely tortures Her...

In here.. Jerry can't even recall who the girl is.. But there's a child.. But I'm just happy there's a child in here because I always want the couples to have a child in the dramas so I won't have to imagine it myself.. Hehe.

And yes.. I love winking Eddie too. I have to catch up on that drama asap!

cecilia

Staff member
What? He did not remember her ... now, that sounds super complicated lol -- Left alone, a fight for custody. 

I don't like LJK because of the abuse .. it's worst than Harit and Soriya for me lol 
But I like Peter Ho's portrayal .. he played the role well as a vengeful and crazy man.

I like Eddie in the YOUNG YANG WARRIOR .. haven' seen any of his other works since then. Is that new drama good though?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ short spoiler, he doesn't remember her because it was just a "one night stand"... I still don't really know the details much either hehe.. unless they'll explain it more in the future? unless I missed the explanation... :scratchhead2:

Being a fan of Peter & Janine.. and shipping then in RingRingBell.. I was excited for LJK ... and whoo I actually really enjoyed it.. but yes... Peter sure was abusive as heck!  I hated his suits in there.. but his portrayal was indeed superb!  But the ending.. :cry:

As for Da Mo Yao.. I'm behind in that so I can't really judge it much yet... I just have a hard time picking who for LSS though.. it's Hu Ge vs Eddie... but I'm shipping Eddie!  I really love that partiular Yang Warriors they were in..  It was like one of the best cast!!!  I still rewatch it from time to time... except for the ending... :cry:

cecilia

Staff member
I didn't like the ending to the Yang Warriors too .. depressing.  Feel sad for the young widow each times I watch it .. My favorite couple in there were the medicine girl, the monk brother, and the Mongolian guy lol (Forgot their names) I should revisit this series again lol

Onto the drama, I will try to see if there's a reason behind it as to why he doesn't remember ... will let you known if I come across it and you still haven't figure it out yet. Were they drunk when they both had the one night?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yuan Hong as mongolian general Yeluxia is a classic in Yang Warriors... I was actually rooting for him and the blacksmith girl... He was perfect for the role. I must admit Peter Ho as Si-lang was my biased brother though.. Then Eddie :p

As for this drama... Their one night stand is explained in ep 10... I thought I watched that part but I actually watched to 9 only. It's a bit saddening.. For both. *spoiler* only one person was drunk.

moon_luv

sarNie Egg
Overall I enjoyed this drama other than her reason for having a one night stand with him. Omg! Jerry Yan is still so handsome, he is so sexy/fine in this drama. Not to mention the tan skin and suits made him that much hotter. The second lead was just as handsome, I wanted her to end up with both guys. I could not choose who to root for. The scenes where Jerry Yan shows his jealousy is so perfect, I had to keep reaching those moments. Although her character is a little weak, giving the story line and cast, I highly recommend it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
It has been on my watch list since the beginning of the year but have't gottwn to it since it was not subbed. I guess it's finally done. Will check it out. Wait, are the voices dubbed?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
moon_luv said:
Overall I enjoyed this drama other than her reason for having a one night stand with him. Omg! Jerry Yan is still so handsome, he is so sexy/fine in this drama. Not to mention the tan skin and suits made him that much hotter. The second lead was just as handsome, I wanted her to end up with both guys. I could not choose who to root for. The scenes where Jerry Yan shows his jealousy is so perfect, I had to keep reaching those moments. Although her character is a little weak, giving the story line and cast, I highly recommend it.

I know right?  He looks freakishly good in here... that I can't help but spazz about it.... ga ga ga.. I will definitely keep looking forward towards the drama.. :D :D ..

@Fun... watch it.. :)  I'm watching it on Viki while I'm on the pc, and youtube on my phone when I'm away... yes I'm desperate to watch it :p haha :3  And yes, the voices are dubbed.  Well for sure Jerry is.

cecilia

Staff member
I can't stand Chinese dubbing ... but I'm going to give the first episode a try tonight to get a break from writing term papers lol

Thanks all for the GREAT inputs! Look forward to be addicted!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I hate the dubbing. But I can tolerate a few. It's such a shame that 90% of Mainland dramas are dubbed. Makes me appreciate America lol so I somehow picked up Xena The Warrior Princess. I never knew it was a New Zealand and America t.v. Series. They used local New Zealander actors but they had to input American accent. I can.t imagine it being dubbed. I mean if you are dubbing entirely a new language, I understand.

Any who that was so off topic.

Does that mean I can find Eng sub on YT?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Enjoy na P'Ceci :)

^ Really Fun? They dubbed the New Zealand actors too.. Wow. I used to love that show... And Hercules.. Ahaha.. Oh memories :) can't help but go off topic.. Eek. :)

And yes, you can find it on YouTube with subs. I forgot who's channel.. But it'll be easy to locate it... Only 11 EPs are subbed there though so fa from what I saw.

cecilia

Staff member
I already can't stand the n'ek .. she's too weak :( She doesn't need to be so fragile and cry at every tiny mistakes. Anyway, the subtitle is off on Viki so that sort of bother me as well ... will continue just because I like Jerry lol -- I still prefer DMZ's hairstyle though lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
No they didnt DB, they spoke English but had to adjust to American accent lol but can you just imagine it being having American dub over their voices haha

Ceci watch it on YT. But you have to turn on cc.

Watched the first episode. Im okay with everyone else except Jerry lol I think its BC im so familiar with his voice I just can. Anyway I usually hate the start of modern drama frm mainland and this is no exception. It just started way too fast.

cecilia

Staff member
I went and spoiled myself with the fanmade mv .. is that how it end? NVM lol 

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz451yx92IM

fun

Expired Sarnie
That was such a big spoiler. But this is a Cdrama, who knows how it will unfold into those scenes.

Anyway Mr. Laywer is quite eye candy too *dies I hope that he won't be an obstacle becaise that will really break my heart.

moon_luv

sarNie Egg
@fun
Speaking of lawyer xiang jun, he is such a player. I wish they showed that side of him more, would've been so hot. But yes, he will be the biggest obstacle for the them. Random: fav scene of lawyer Jun and wu tong is when she gets sick and he comes to her house and takes care of her. When he handed her warm water and medicine she said "it's nice having someone take care of you," and he says "I wanna take care of you forever" I totally spazzed out. It was so romantic, only happens in dramas though. If only I had a guy so romantic like xiang jun.

Reactions: fun

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I saw that mv too and was like fudge... I just ruined it for me.. *sniffsniff* so I spoiled myself at the ending just to see what kind of ending it would be.. hehe :)

^@moon-luv, I just reached that scene... I couldn't help but ship him & the girl secretly too.. haha.

@Ceci.. you missed DMZ's long spiked bandana hairstyle? ahahaha :p