[Mainland] Old Nine Gates / The Mystic Nine

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Ok... I swore I made a thread for this drama already... but I guess not? *coughcough* Anyways... If you're a fan of the OTP from Legend of Zu or just a fan of these actors/actresses... William Chan and Zhao Liying are paired again~~~:aplastao: (interestingly though from what I read, her character actually doesn't exist in the novel.)

This drama is based on a web-novel and is a prequel to the drama The Lost Tomb, which starred Li Yi Feng and Yang Yang.

First off, just from pictures and trailers alone... I really love most of the wardrobes in here, especially William's. He suits all of them. The only wardrobes I dislike are Lay's.... :confused: Sorry, I just have to share William in a uniform :cheer:

For more images or infos, go here: avirtualvoyage 1 2 https://centdevotee.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/old-nine-gates-releases-trailer/

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh goodness, I caught up on the translated chapters of the novel that I found (which the person translated all the way to the original author's latest chap.) I'm just very curious how the story will pan out since only 3 of the main 9 clans member have been introduced into the story.

After reading a bit of Lay's character Er Yue Hong, it's finally understandable why his character is dressed up in that particular wardrobe, since he is an opera singer/actor? I guess I won't be nitpicky anymore LOL. His clan is also 2nd in power out of the other 9.

As for William's character Zhang Qishang. I actually really like him. His demeanor in my opinion.. is somewhat haughty since he is very superior and full of authority... but he still give others their respect if they deserve any. I'm sure y'all can tell, his Zhang clan is first in power out of the 9 :)

Basically, I'm getting more hyped for this drama..... I'll be patiently waiting for it while also rewatching the trailers for a gazillion time.. haha.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Seriously now... I'm going to camp in this thread with my lone self..... because it's just too tempting not to.

But anyways, we are literally spoiled with OTP stills... and they're sizzling and oozingly steamy!!! Heck, it's the wedding scene~~ *coughcough*hidesinacorner*

You will not be disappointed :encama:

thanks to avirtualvoyage for these pretty stills.. *coughcough* My weibo account has been frozen the past days and I can't do unfreeze it .. grrrr!

cecilia

Staff member
Trailer looks good and that spoiler is hot. If I have time I'll try to camp with you, Julie! :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Hahaha, you're welcomed to join me XD.

I don't know when this drama will air though since Chinese dramas are similar to Thai lakorns where they may get delayed or stocked up. Well for sure I have a feeling this one will air though 555, or else I'll be super pissed and disappointed because it looks so good. It might be stated to air at the end of the year?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
The name for this drama has been changed to "The Mystic Nine" and it's going to air on June 20th~~~~ :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Here's new trailers :D

cr:yixinqins

cr:namjaonetwofour

You know I'm a happy person... hehe XD

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Broken-hearted.. I am broken-hearted.... the air date got pushed back to July 4th... ahhhh.... :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Because seeing extra trailers and another themesong make me happy... kekeke XD.

trailers

new themesong

cr:Namjaonetwofour

And... tomorrow~~~~ It'll finally start tomorrow~~~~ XD XD XD. Please don't get postponed again... *sniffsniff*

Last edited:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I kept thinking about this drama a bit while celebrating J4 yesterday lol.

But anyways.. I just watched the raws and ooooohhh, it makes me giddy giddy though it's still the beginning. I can see the differences already from the novel but I must say that the crew did a wonderful job on the period and wardrobe. I just love the beautiful cast too. William and Lay's acting aren't the best but... oh William.. he's so charming and handsome in his suits! I also love it when his character smirks :D :D Also.. there's no ZLY scenes yet.. (from the first 4 eps I watched).

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Sigh.. I caught up on the raws... it's so good (to me)~~~ I love it even more now that ZLY's character appeared. She appears at the end of 9. Anyways, she's so freaken adorable!!! I kid you not! Her character is head over heels for Fo-ye in here ever since she first caught glance of him. She even presents/calls herself "furen" later when she joins him back hahaha. I can't wait to see their relationship hehe... even Fo-ye is surprised.. XD.

I really enjoy the different varieties of characters in here. As for the 9 lords, we've only seen Fo-ye, Er-ye, Ba-ye, and Jiu-ye. I wonder when will the other 5 appear.

And oh... the auction scene in ep 11 or 12 brought back memories of The Lost Tomb for me when there was the auction scene towards the end. Wu Xie isn't as cool and slick like Fo-ye though :p Which reminds me.. I wonder if it was Li Yi Feng in the beginning of ep1 here when the person (obviously has to be Wu Xie) was explaining about his grandpa and the journal. I couldn't really tell if it was him or not because we didn't get a full face view, just his feet, eyes, etc... If it was him, I thought it was nice of him to do a cameo :p

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
This week's eps focused on the bad guys so I wasn't interested much. I watched the raws for the following weeks and oh.... the bromance between Lt. Zhang and Ba-Ye.. ahahaha. I love how close they are getting now. I just seriously hope Fo-ye & Er-ye will recover soon.

If I have to guess, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to enter the tomb once more and solve it. I wonder what relations it has with Fo-ye.

I don't know how much of the story is canon in the novel since it's still incomplete but I really like the flow of the drama.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
This dang drama makes me so bubbly everytime I see the otp together.. lol. They're adorable as heck!

We still haven't met all the lords yet either but I sense that we will see them in the future eps? Maybe they'll all come together/unite in the end to protect Changsha.. who knows. I can't make a guess on this drama lol.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh someone... help my little heart. This sucker ended today and I am gonna go through some withdrawals. I'm going to miss watching 4 eps a week on Mon and Tues with this beautiful cast and story. :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: