[Mainland] Sealed with a Kiss 千山暮雪 (Hunan TV)

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
just found out about this drama 2 days ago and finished the whole drama in this two days...plus the sequel but don't understand it because no eng sub..

i loves this drama so much as much as the couple..i was so dissappointed and actually cried at the end because of the sad ending...they didn't even get a chance to say goodbye...i have to searched everywhere for more info of this drama and then found the sequel which have no eng sub but i have to watched it anyway becasue really want to know what happen next and how they meet again..love the sequel but they should have it longer like 20 eps at least not just 7 eps...didn't get enough of the couple..you can say it's a happy ending...like they will start everything all over again because they made him lose his memory...but they should have it longer and show how he regain his memory and they get married and have a kid..becasue his new house have a baby room..the one supposely built for his mom but since his mom passed away then he can give it to her as their wedding gift becasue she is also the engineering of this house.

Reactions: Mae

moon_luv

sarNie Egg
I need to rewatch this drama. Hawick did such a fine job. I never took my eyes off of him, his acting was so intense and serious, so superb. It took me a long time to get use to Ying'er though. All the physical touching, I approve. Lol! I like their chemistry overall.

Reactions: Mae

sarN

sarNie Granny
I watch this a while back , trying to catch up with my Chinese series / entertainment world  and boy do i have lots of work ! It does remind me of thai lakorn lol . Raymond was superb/intense in his role !   I wish I can say the same about the leading girl but I got use to her as well , there was lots of skin-ship I shouldn't complain ! I thought the mini-series wasn't a sequel ? In the series the drama ended on a bad note but fan post the ending to the novel that it was a happy ending because after she finishes school oversea they got married. Since I like the drama so much I even read the novel translation . It explain lot of stuff  that the series didn't show . I learn Raymond 's character was a virgin too LMAO according to the novel because he never slept w/ his wife and with Ying'er was really his first time .

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
You meant Hawick's character? :scratchhead2:

sarN said:
I watch this a while back , trying to catch up with my Chinese series / entertainment world  and boy do i have lots of work ! It does remind me of thai lakorn lol . Raymond was superb/intense in his role !   I wish I can say the same about the leading girl but I got use to her as well , there was lots of skin-ship I shouldn't complain ! I thought the mini-series wasn't a sequel ? In the series the drama ended on a bad note but fan post the ending to the novel that it was a happy ending because after she finishes school oversea they got married. Since I like the drama so much I even read the novel translation . It explain lot of stuff  that the series didn't show . I learn Raymond 's character was a virgin too LMAO according to the novel because he never slept w/ his wife and with Ying'er was really his first time .

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yes!! In the novel , Mo ShaoQian never had any relationship before and when he came up w/ the plan to revenge by forcing TongXue to be his mistress , he drug/rape her the first time they done it and  she couldn't remember what transpire btw them but she was scar of him became of that drug/rape . It stated , the first couple month of their affair she was scar of his passion love make but she endure it butt eventually it got better once she accepted it . The reason why he drug her is because he afraid he might embarrasses himself while doing the deed that why he drug her :dance2: I know it's not an excuse but the novel said he was just inexperience but TongXue never knew that .

fun

Expired Sarnie
LOL Sarn you even dug up the translated novel? 

Watch I'm Pregnant with Your Baby. <---- Yeah quite a title right. There's no R scene but it does get intense. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
I don't know what wrong w/me , it must be a guilty pleasure thing  because it's a bad habit of mine to enjoy sadist P'ek ! I was drawn into Mo ShaoQian 's character  and anything with revenge/slap/kiss/rscene/kidnap type of lakorn/drama with intense hatred bwt the lead HAHA . I jump hoop just for more infor  HAHA . I'll just check out the drama .

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I see. I guess the drama doesn't show about this.

sarN said:
Yes!! In the novel , Mo ShaoQian never had any relationship before and when he came up w/ the plan to revenge by forcing TongXue to be his mistress , he drug/rape her the first time they done it and  she couldn't remember what transpire btw them but she was scar of him became of that drug/rape . It stated , the first couple month of their affair she was scar of his passion love make but she endure it butt eventually it got better once she accepted it . The reason why he drug her is because he afraid he might embarrasses himself while doing the deed that why he drug her :dance2: I know it's not an excuse but the novel said he was just inexperience but TongXue never knew that .
Well, sadist P'ek is fine, only if he doesn't R or physically/verbally abused N'ek. A sadist P'ek adds more dramas, I would not like a dull, uninitiated P'ek. I'm somewhat into what you like too, I like revenge (either the guy or gal is seeking revenge)/slap (gal slaps the guy)/forced kiss by guy & he get slapped by gal/kidnap (guy kidnaps gal) types of dramas/movies/lakorns or etc with a little twist of comedy and bickering between main characters because of misunderstanding leading to revenge & hatred but all cleared up once the truth is out/revealed. One more thing I like the P'ek to be older than N'ek but not old enough as same age as N'ek's father :D.

sarN said:
I don't know what wrong w/me , it must be a guilty pleasure thing  because it's a bad habit of mine to enjoy sadist P'ek ! I was drawn into Mo ShaoQian 's character  and anything with revenge/slap/kiss/rscene/kidnap type of lakorn/drama with intense hatred bwt the lead HAHA . I jump hoop just for more infor  HAHA . I'll just check out the drama .

sarN

sarNie Granny
lakorn have aggressive  p'ek  but never a physical abuse one ( w/exception of [SIZE=13.3333330154419px]Fai Ruk Arsoon ) but [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5px]verbally[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333330154419px] abuse is another story  and most of time is out of jealous / social status / misunderstanding ect! with rscene most of time are not detail/[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5px]graphic/explicit therefore nothing for me to stress about lol plus if the story line is a revenge/slap-kiss/love-hate type of relationship there already a build up tense bwt the leading couple and at some point we the audience know they have feeling for each other already , therefore I tend to justify rscene as force seduction . it's such a gray area topic I will leave it as " what ever rock your boat" HAHA. Yes , all the other thing you mention i love it too but not about the age different loll I don't mind an older man w/ young girl (older enough to be her father I mean) . [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5px]Now , with this Chinese series " Seal with a Kiss " it didn't start off w/ the character already have some form  of feeling for each other before their affair/mistress situation . She was in love w/ another man  but circumstance force her to leave that love and he drug/rape her --- well , in the series there was no drug scene just her crying and he watching her in a close room. Somehow , that's more heart pounding because to her this man is a complete stranger . I like the dark/gloomy type of vibe when ever the leading man is in a scene. In the series it's seen that she scar of him most of time while he have this silent intense look in his face but can easily snap in a heart beat ! It was wow. Such a great actor.[/SIZE]

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
sarN said:
lakorn have aggressive  p'ek  but never a physical abuse one ( w/exception of [SIZE=13.3333330154419px]Fai Ruk Arsoon ) but [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5px]verbally[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333330154419px] abuse is another story  and most of time is out of jealous / social status / misunderstanding ect! with rscene most of time are not detail/[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5px]graphic/explicit therefore nothing for me to stress about lol plus if the story line is a revenge/slap-kiss/love-hate type of relationship there already a build up tense bwt the leading couple and at some point we the audience know they have feeling for each other already , therefore I tend to justify rscene as force seduction . it's such a gray area topic I will leave it as " what ever rock your boat" HAHA. Yes , all the other thing you mention i love it too but not about the age different loll I don't mind an older man w/ young girl (older enough to be her father I mean) . [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5px]Now , with this Chinese series " Seal with a Kiss " it didn't start off w/ the character already have some form  of feeling for each other before their affair/mistress situation . She was in love w/ another man  but circumstance force her to leave that love and he drug/rape her --- well , in the series there was no drug scene just her crying and he watching her in a close room. Somehow , that's more heart pounding because to her this man is a complete stranger . I like the dark/gloomy type of vibe when ever the leading man is in a scene. In the series it's seen that she scar of him most of time while he have this silent intense look in his face but can easily snap in a heart beat ! It was wow. Such a great actor.[/SIZE]
thank you for all the little details of this taiwanese drama...i loved this drama so much as well..and about tong xue scares of his silent intense look she seemed to give in to him every times he does this look..

sarn...where did you read the translated novel?...can you please give me the link..i would love to read it since i'm so into mo shau qin and tong xue...not really satisfied with the mini series though love all their scenes together in this short series....loved this couple.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I just finished this drama in 2 days, between a busy work schedule & not enough sleep.  Quite different from other CDramas & TDramas that I've seen.  Gosh, Shao Qian was so aggressive & abusive with Tong Xue.  He scared me with his intense look, but somehow, I was so drawn into him.  There was a scene that I had to press "pause" because I needed fresh air LOL!  And that was when he took her out to dinner, brought her home, dragged her into his office, picked her up, sat her on his desk & took her there  :spin:  :drool: This is my kind of drama.  

Tong Xue is a pretty girl, but it would have been better if they picked a petite female lead.  She's the same size as he is.  

sarN

sarNie Granny
@ ceda , was  the summary I wrote make you ran out to watch the series, right ? lol I'm such a bad influence . The minseries have nothing to do with the original novel , it's was  completely  a different story line to make it more melodrama . honestly I prefer the ending in the novel because it was a happy one , better than the minseries that was made after "seal with a kiss'" ended, 

here the happy epilogue to the novel

http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2011/11/sealed-with-kiss-novels-ending.html

the novel was in first person point of view of Tong Xue , therefore we rarely know what Shao Qian is thinking but here is Mo Shaoqian's Monologue

http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2011/11/mo-shaoqians-monologue-chapter-exerpt.html

happy reading !

fun

Expired Sarnie
ceda_lee said:

Tong Xue is a pretty girl, but it would have been better if they picked a petite female lead.  She's the same size as he is.  
In the novel, Tong Xue purposely gained weight. She thought that if she was "fat" and unattractive, he would stop having sex with her LOL That is why they cast her because she was not petite and I think she even gained a few pounds for the role.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Sarn...you caught me!   :lmao3: Sometimes I think to myself that I must be crazy to enjoy these kind of dramas, but then I log into AF and realize I'm not really that crazy.  It's weird because I'm so different in real life...like I have such a strong personality that no one can tell me what to do.  If my man ever yells at me or lays a finger on me in an abusive way...oh all hell breaks loose.  

I watched the miniseries after without subtitles so of course I couldn't understand a thing.  

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
fun said:
In the novel, Tong Xue purposely gained weight. She thought that if she was "fat" and unattractive, he would stop having sex with her LOL That is why they cast her because she was not petite and I think she even gained a few pounds for the role.
Whaaaaat?!   :whahuh: I guess...I just looooove seeing an aggressive man over all a petite lady.  

And I cried like a baby at the end.  I didn't cry at all throughout the drama until the very end.  His "I love you" text had me bawling.  I looked even worst than Tong Xue as she was looking through the pics & crying.  

sarN

sarNie Granny
ceda_lee said:
Sarn...you caught me!   :lmao3: Sometimes I think to myself that I must be crazy to enjoy these kind of dramas, but then I log into AF and realize I'm not really that crazy.  It's weird because I'm so different in real life...like I have such a strong personality that no one can tell me what to do.  If my man ever yells at me or lays a finger on me in an abusive way...oh all hell breaks loose.  

I watched the miniseries after without subtitles so of course I couldn't understand a thing.  

We are not crazy . It's call 'guilty pleasure' . You enjoy it secretly while I'm very outspoken about it lmao . My personality on the board is pretty much what I am off line, naughty and a cougar .

@fun, there were time when she want to get on his good side too LMAO and initiate the intimacy because she doesn't want him to be mad .  Shao Qian is very passionate w/ her because he doesn't get it from his wife LMAO and he goes on buinsees trip most of time , so when he come home he need her HAHA . She was his ONLY and first lover , he not very experience  in the act and tend to be very aggressive with her .

sarN

sarNie Granny
yeah, we want intense kissing w/ 50 shade of gray vibe. ( never read the book but saw lot of ppl talk about online and I saw Ellen did a parody of the movie lolll funny )