[Mainland] Shanghai Bund

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thank you. Thank you very much Phatman! Great. Just great. I started watching this because of Phatman. 

I even checked out the the movie version with Andy Lau and Leslie Cheung. And I even went to see the 1980 TVB version. I really don't want to watch it any more. I shouldn't have read the entire synopsis or watched the movie version. These Republican Era dramas never seem to have anything light hearted. So dramatic and intense!!!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yahoo, we get our own thread!! We as in Shanghai Bund!! Haha.

Well, thanks to you fun, I get to know HXM!! Win, win situation. I love his portrayal of Xu Wen Qiang aka Hui Man Keung. Sooo hawt is all I gotta say. When he smokes (it's bad for you health yes, so don't do it) he makes me drool. When he walks, he melts my soul. When he smiles, 

I've checked out the 1980 version and boy does Chow Yun Fat look handsome. Haha. I never thought he was handsome, but he sure looked good during his younger days. However, it's filming style and acting style is a little too classic for me to want to watch it. Haha. As for the 1996 film version, I think I saw it a long long time ago, haha. I remember bits and pieces, but not completely. I do plan to re-watch it sometime though since the 2007 has captured my attention and I LOVE both Andy and Leslie! There's also the 1996 TVB version, but they added a few new characters, so it's not really a remake of the original. I love Adam Cheng too, so IDK might check it out sometime. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Phatman, you're welcome. Ah HXM, I liked him since Condor Heroes and eventually fell in love with him when I found out about his relationship with Vicki Zhao lol

Half way done. But I feel like I will not like the rest as I know the ending to it. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Haha. He sure is charming. I was telling aikoden in Cruel Romance's thread that I'm trying to watch all his past stuff because of how much I've come to like him. HEHE. 

You're halfway done already? Aiayayai. I'm only a third of a way through. I've been stopping to catch up on MSRFS and Suer. Haha.
I know, same here. I already know the ending yet I'm still anticipating it and looking forward to it!! I don't know what I'll do if I do get to the ending. I watched The Last Tycoon and cried a bucket at the end. It wasn't a great movie, but it was good enough to keep me into it. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am hopping dramas, all over the place lol I need to start on the Mafia series but The Girl Who Can See Smell totally switched my gear. I think I have this thing for wtf plot. It was totally unexpected and so unique. Like I didn't expect TGWCSS to open with a murder case. It has everything I want in a drama, romance (not yet develop but I see it coming), angst, mystery, comedy and drama.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I am hopping dramas, all over the place lol I need to start on the Mafia series but The Girl Who Can See Smell totally switched my gear. I think I have this thing for wtf plot. It was totally unexpected and so unique. Like I didn't expect TGWCSS to open with a murder case. It has everything I want in a drama, romance (not yet develop but I see it coming), angst, mystery, comedy and drama.
Same here. Haha. I'm all over the place.

Is that a Chinese or Korean drama?

fun

Expired Sarnie
Kdrama. Replaced Hyde, Jekyll and Me. I now want to add "See Smell" as one of my superpower that I want.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
*sniffsniff* I had a big hunch and sensed that it was going to be this year that they were going to wed. I just knew it. Ming is such a great guy, scrapping his wedding plans and setting it the way AB wants it. *sniffsniff* you're too perfect and loving Ming.

Anyways, for SB. I really loved the ost duet that Ming and Betty sang~~~ I personally love his voice. I forgot if they used the duet in the drama or if they just sand at shows.. Hmm.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
aikoden said:
*sniffsniff* I had a big hunch and sensed that it was going to be this year that they were going to wed. I just knew it. Ming is such a great guy, scrapping his wedding plans and setting it the way AB wants it. *sniffsniff* you're too perfect and loving Ming.

Anyways, for SB. I really loved the ost duet that Ming and Betty sang~~~ I personally love his voice. I forgot if they used the duet in the drama or if they just sand at shows.. Hmm.
They sang a duet?? I wanna hear it. Hehe.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^Yes, yes they did XD "Even If There's No Tomorrow" ~~~~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgcxsE60uqQ
cr:huangxiaoming

And uh.. here's a little something extra.  Ming singing the theme song in Cantonese <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7Jsx68MUc
cr:bumblebees

I watched The Last Tycoon a long while back and enjoyed it.  I love the cinematography.. it's creative, esp when Ming turns to Fat Gor etc... I'm happy they got to work together XD.

Besides watching and loving Ming act, I also love it when he sings!  He doesn't have the best voice but my ears find his voice pleasantly sweet <3 

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Chow Yun Fat looked extra handsome and suave in The Bund. The theme song itself is a classic, francis yip said she was requested to sing it so many times

I cant believe i watched the tvb version exactly 15yrs ago (getting too old before i know it heh) adam cheng wasnt the lead but still had a significant role, but sunny chan was quite goodlooking in here

I watched abit of 2007 version but never got suck into it, HXM somehow gives me that sly vibe, someone you cant really trust heh so was never attracted to his kind of looks, even though his look is quite sharp. I know looks can be deceiving, but i js cant help it lol

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
bubbles8 said:
Chow Yun Fat looked extra handsome and suave in The Bund. The theme song itself is a classic, francis yip said she was requested to sing it so many times

I cant believe i watched the tvb version exactly 15yrs ago (getting too old before i know it heh) adam cheng wasnt the lead but still had a significant role, but sunny chan was quite goodlooking in here

I watched abit of 2007 version but never got suck into it, HXM somehow gives me that sly vibe, someone you cant really trust heh so was never attracted to his kind of looks, even though his look is quite sharp. I know looks can be deceiving, but i js cant help it lol
Yeah, I was quite surprised to see myself attracted to CYF in The Bund. Adam Cheng wasn't the main character in his version? I know he didn't play Hui Man Keung aka Xu Wen Qiang, but his new and introduced character was the protagonist in his version. Right?

You should really try this version it's really good. I was not a fan of HXM at all, I thought he wasn't good looking, but he managed to suck me into this drama. He's very charming..hehe. I still don't think he's that handsome, but Xu Wen Qiang did him good.