[Mainland] The Story of the Woodcutter and His Wife

fun

Expired Sarnie
http://www.viki.com/tv/24748c-the-story-of-a-woodcutter-and-his-wife

OMG!!! I need English sub!!! I am willing to segment. 

This is the drama version to Liu Hai Meets Fairies 1963!!! One of my favorite Chinese Classic film along with Peacock Princess and all those Dark Tales. I really miss TVB during those days of Dark Tales. 

Here's the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWCJsYVuqms

The synopsis is a bit different from what I remember from the film. 

This is from the drama:

This story takes place in a fishing and wood cutting village next to the Changde mountain in Hunan. In the village, there was a woodcutter named Liu Hai. He was a steadfast woodcutter and lived with his mother. He made a living by wood cutting and collecting Chinese herbs. However, what the villagers and the Liu family didn’t realize was the luffa well in the house of Liu family was not an ordinary well. According to the legend, there was a magical luffa living in the well. Because of it, not only the well had never run out of water supply but also the water was sweet to drink. On top of that, whoever got hold of this precious and magical luffa would become immortal with unlimited magical power. Liu Hai’s uncle, Liu Zhen Bin, had long been lusting after this luffa. In order to possess the luffa himself, Liu Zhen Bin used any means necessary to evict Liu Hai and his blind mother from their home, disregarding they were relatives to him. After obtaining the luffa, Liu Zhen Bin paid tribute to the evil spirit, Qiong Qi, without knowing that Qiong Qi had also longed for the luffa himself. Meanwhile in the Changde mountain that was filled with the universal life energy, there lived a nine-tail fox and a golden toad. Incidentally, both the nine-tail fox and the golden toad were somehow involved in the struggle too. The nine-tail fox was very touched by Liu Hai’s sincerity and kindness; and she fell deeply in love with him. She left Changde mountain and came to the Changde county, together with Liu Hai, they both faced a series of twists and turns and torments in their journey to fight the evils.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Awwwe, one of my favorite classics!  I never knew what the actual title was called though.

I don't know who the actors/actresses for the drama are except for TAE :)

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
hee hee this was one of my childhood movies....eh, I don't like it when they mix things up or add things.....just makes things more confusing and less interesting....ugh