MAlware Attack!

cikna

sarNie Adult
Hi. I wonder why why all of a sudden, today whenever i open a new page in sarnworld, my antivirus would detect viruses. This has never happened before. and it's kind of irritating because i have to "kill these viruses" before i can open a page. :huh:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Hmm... there's probably something wrong with the server or the page site today, because it just keeps freezing on me. It's probably going to be fix soon, hopefully.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lmao.. dang happening to u galz too.. i thought it was only me.. eeek.. my comp is freezzing so much..

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
I'm having the same problem, my antivirus says it's a trojan. I hope the mods can find the source and stop it from loading.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I get this website wanting to download a "Microsoft Data Access", but the website isn't Microsoft. So, I didn't download it. Whoever started this virus is cruel. I hope the mods figure out a way to take it off.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I got the same thing. So I did a virus scan on my computer to be safe and now using Ad-ware to look for any spy wares. This is what I got earlier.

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
7/10/2008 13:47:34 PM IMON file http://golnanosat.com/animan.class Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NAC trojan

noungning

Heartless
well hopefully no one installed it. the site was a bit infected of trojan... but if there are some problems, just post it here. we'd try to help our best.

and the trojan might've secretly installed itself so if your virus didn't do anything, scanning your computer is advised.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
o_O yeah ning but those who have a antivirus should be safe because I notice that when I do tend to try and load a page if theres something trying to install itself firefox will immediately go to a blank page and my antivirus will pop up saying a trojan has been detected and deleted ... so its much better to use firefox because it tends to prevent or try its best to not load those type of things whereas when I used IE pages and tabs would keep popping up and the antivirus message would come up again where a trojan has been detected and deleted and i'd have to manually ctrl alt dlt and end the IE Process..

So I would recommend firefox as ning and khoon tah has already I've tested it on Thunderbird also it it's come out ok

P.s I don't know if this affects it or not but I won't get that javascript install message unless I'm using firefox 2 but on firefox 3 I don't get any messages at all. So I wanted to ask Ning do you think its safe to still use 3? since no notification pops up telling me to install anything?

but ive posted on all my blogs and sites for people to use firefox -.O so hopefully that helps some.

noungning

Heartless
o_O yeah ning but those who have a antivirus should be safe because I notice that when I do tend to try and load a page if theres something trying to install itself firefox will immediately go to a blank page and my antivirus will pop up saying a trojan has been detected and deleted ... so its much better to use firefox because it tends to prevent or try its best to not load those type of things whereas when I used IE pages and tabs would keep popping up and the antivirus message would come up again where a trojan has been detected and deleted and i'd have to manually ctrl alt dlt and end the IE Process..

So I would recommend firefox as ning and khoon tah has already I've tested it on Thunderbird also it it's come out ok

P.s I don't know if this affects it or not but I won't get that javascript install message unless I'm using firefox 2 but on firefox 3 I don't get any messages at all. So I wanted to ask Ning do you think its safe to still use 3? since no notification pops up telling me to install anything?

but ive posted on all my blogs and sites for people to use firefox -.O so hopefully that helps some.
hmm i'm not too sure about the firefoxes because i'm an IE user myself, but for this purpose i'm using FF, but as tim advised, it's probably safer? haha i'm not sure but it's known that firefox would block more malaware than IE so yea it's safer.

i'm speaking in terms of people who has IE and their anti-virus isn't up to date. it's probably going to just seep on in your computer, so a quick update of your anti-viruses and a full scan would be good. anyways, it's healthy to always have a full scan of your computer.

on IE, i didn't get a popup on the taskbar for a download, but rather it tried to install and the anti-virus detected and blocked it. so yeah, not too safe, but i haven't seen a problem on this browser, FF.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai

Is the attack coming from sarnworld ( I think someone has bogged our website with a virus)...because it is happening to meeh too but only with IE...so i use firefox now also because i noticed that it didn't happend when i open firefox....but then i just now changed my homepage on IE from sarnworld to yahoo...and i opened IE agian then the virus thing didn't appear anymore...so i was wondering if the virus is attached to sarnworld...plus sarnworld has died on meeh for the pass 3 days now.

I recommend everyone to do a virus scan on their whole computer though...Everyone that uses IE and comes onto sarnworld....

I hope this problem doesn't continue...and i hope someone finds the problem...!

peaches

sarNie Elites
okay now when i use firefox this message appears as each page loads reported attack site! this website at www.sarnworld.com has been reported as an attacked site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
my firefox works fine at sarnworld...maybe you should check ur security settings!

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
I'm getting warning today when I'm using firefox, is anyone else experiencing this on firefox?

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ yes.. I am too.. but I just went to tools->options security and unchecked "tell me if a site is suspected attack."

NOTE: Do this at your own risk!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
i think my cuz tried to install the trojan the other day .. but thank goodness it didnt work.. whoohoo.. aniwaise so far sw has been oka again.. xp .. im so glad..