Marrying within ones ethnicity

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Thanks Bugsy. You know, we try. Cause then if we didnt work out, everyone who said 2 different ethnic like us 2 wouldnt work, would be right.

sooks

sarNie Egg
my older brother married a mexican girl.. and he told us about it 3 months later.. and he was only 20.. my parents were really PISSED OFF. they thought she was using him to become a citizen.. she's illegal.. or wutever. well for a whole year.. my mom kept complaining.. y did he have to marry her.. it was cause she was mexican.. :(

hopefully as time goes by newer generations will not be as racist.. buti still think racism will still exist..

i find it very hard to become friends with white people.. i mean i can't be close friends with them for some reason.. i dont think it's actually racism.. it's more culturally different.. they should separate cultural from racisim because i think they are 2 things.. if a white person liked the same thing as me.. or was interestd in the same things.. y not right?

pii-nky

sarNie Juvenile
KawaiiTennyo said:
so how was the wedding!?!? how did you set it up!??! i know if i marry imma marry someone that's NOT the same ethnicity as me ahhah so it's kinda hard to think about the ceremony.. :rolleyes:
[post="57347"][/post]​

ooOh yea. come to think of the ceremony; i'd agree with what you say! =P You know what my uncle said? he said, "You wouldn't have a PURE ethnic kid, you would have a MUT child" and i was like, "WAHT!?"

but with my parents; they're everyday warning my sisters and i (we have TONS of girls in the family =P) to NOT date any other ethnics besides our ethnic, and one time i dated a viet boy, i got lectured over and over and... about forever! we still keep in touch, but now i'm single, im about talking to whoever i want, you know... i got this real nice mexican guy friend; but my parents are always flippin out as if we're dating and its horrible; i mean, life is changing now, you can't stick to what was years ago, places are real diversed.

juicee

sarNie Elites
well considering that I'm a mutt, I can't see how my parents would really care if I marry someone who is racially different. but yeah, there are a lot of people who are racist out there - young or old, especially if you're living in an area that is not so ethnically diverse.

pii-nky

sarNie Juvenile
juicee said:
well considering that I'm a mutt, I can't see how my parents would really care if I marry someone who is racially different. but yeah, there are a lot of people who are racist out there - young or old, especially if you're living in an area that is not so ethnically diverse.
[post="71696"][/post]​
yess! exactly! thats why i'm planning to head to a diversed place sometime whenever in the next...long, years?? ^_^

Kina

Dubsteppin'
pii-nky said:
ooOh yea. come to think of the ceremony; i'd agree with what you say! =P You know what my uncle said? he said, "You wouldn't have a PURE ethnic kid, you would have a MUT child" and i was like, "WAHT!?"

but with my parents; they're everyday warning my sisters and i (we have TONS of girls in the family =P) to NOT date any other ethnics besides our ethnic, and one time i dated a viet boy, i got lectured over and over and... about forever! we still keep in touch, but now i'm single, im about talking to whoever i want, you know... i got this real nice mexican guy friend; but my parents are always flippin out as if we're dating and its horrible; i mean, life is changing now, you can't stick to what was years ago, places are real diversed.
[post="71375"][/post]​

speaking of marriage ceremony, my bf and i planned on getting married after the completion of college. first off, i am asian (thai+laos) and he is arab---COMPLETELY different cultures and traditions, y'all. i worry sometimes ye no. i think ahead and try to picture meeting his parents. i KNOW i will be nervous as heck. im not even sure if they will like me, but who knows because that's in the future and no1 can predict the future. anyway, i know a lot about the arab culture and tradition because my dear stepfather is arab. some arab parents can be discriminant, but the same thing can be said of other ethnicities. his parents are religious, so i think they will like me hehe. for one, im muslim too and my religion dont condemn other ethnicities but encourage us to marry outside the ethnicity. thank GOD.

oh yeah about the marriage ceremony. hehe i had a point for bringing it up. well, since i know alot about the arab culture, i know that my future wedding ceremony will by the arab style and let me tell you....it will ROCK! lol...arabs no how to party man haha...im lovin their music and their FOOOOD and their culture. i LOVE their belly dancers...not the FAT white girls that most of u guys are mostly familiar with. true belly dancers are not fat, they are slim+curvy and they can REALLY shake! wow....thats gona be my future wedding looooool. omg im excited just typing this out lol. and YES i WILL belly dance too hehehe.

ok so anyway...i just wish that some people would just get over the fact that marrying outside the line will not hurt the family. IMO, i think it would actually benefit the society. ofcourse it would start off slowly for the older generations to accept or for people who are already "close-minded" but in time, people will see.

anyway...i think im beginning to lean too much towards utopia that is IMPOSSIBLE to happen. <_<

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Amazing belly dancers + good hummus + great Middle Eastern music + cute girls who have just witnessed a wedding

=

Please Invite Me To Your Wedding!!

-------------------------------------

On the subject of um...this thread, I was at home for winter break and my dad kept pestering me, asking me questions like "do you have a gf?", "are you lying to me?", "why can't I meet her?", etc., etc.

Then he goes on about how "back in his old country, people would be thinking about marriage already when they're almost done with college." I was like "Dad, we're not in your old country, we're in Amer-i-ca. (ok, I didn't really say that, but it was something like that)" and then I added "besides, I have other things to do, people to see, substance to be abuse before I get married." And then (trying to guilt me), he goes "but I would like to see grandkids before I die." I'm like "Dad, you're a little above 50. You just had another kid, which means you must have enough energy to live another 100 years. Just chillax. If you want grandkids so bad, get Tony (my younger brother) to get married. He'll probably get married before I do anyways."

He then sits there for a bit...pondering I think (during this time, I'm sitting on the couch too with my feet on the table watching a football game). Then out of nowhere he ask me, "are you holding out for a nice asian girl? because you don't have to. besides, they nag too much anyway." I go "what?!! NO!! I just don't want to get tied down."

Haha, anyway I thought that was funny. Just some background. My dad just got remarried about three years ago (1st year of college for me). But all through my younger days (*sigh* I miss them), my dad was always dating someone and they're like from all different ethnicities. I always wonder why he wasn't more traditional and dated asians but he was like "dek ngo, women are women. you do dumb things and they'll all get mad at you in the same way no matter what race they are (loosely translated)."

Anyway, that was a long, probably pointless, but I thought amusing story. Ok, bye now. And another thing, I guess I don't really have any pressure on what type of girls I have to marry, but according to my dad, it should be soon. So...any takers? ;)

Kina

Dubsteppin'
marduk said:
Amazing belly dancers + good hummus + great Middle Eastern music + cute girls who have just witnessed a wedding

=

Please Invite Me To Your Wedding!!

[post="72026"][/post]​
loool....yes yes....all those good stuff. HUMMUS!!!! i havent had that for so long, since like 2 or 3 Ramadhaans ago....i love arabic food . yum.

and suuure u can come to my wedding! but u have to belly dance tooooooo hahaha

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Amira said:
loool....yes yes....all those good stuff. HUMMUS!!!! i havent had that for so long, since like 2 or 3 Ramadhaans ago....i love arabic food . yum.

and suuure u can come to my wedding! but u have to belly dance tooooooo hahaha
[post="72178"][/post]​
As long as I have beautiful women belly dancing with me and you put in a good word with your bridesmaid for me, I'll belly dance, belly hop, or belly flop for you.

So...this is now my 200th post. I'm beginning to feel old.