Expired Sarnie
Title: 빛나거나 미치거나 / Shine or Go Crazy
Genre: Historical, Romance, Fantasy
Episodes: 24 (To Be Confirmed)
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2015-Jan-19 to 2015-April-07
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00

Synopsis
This drama is based on the web novel “Bitnageona Michigeona” by Hyun Go Woon which was first published from 2014-March-17 via “daum.net“.
This is a drama takes place within a palace between cursed emperor, Wang So and an abandoned princess, Shin Yool. Wang So (Jang Hyuk) is the Prince of Goryeo who has a cursed fate. He had to get married with the Last Princess of Balhae, Shin Yool (Oh Yeon Seo). She was born with the fate of becoming the light for another country. But because of this fate, she has to face death. Through their marriage life, Wang So and Shin Yool begin to grow closer and love each other.

Cast

Jang Hyuk as Wang So
Oh Yeon Seo as Shin Yool
Lee Ha Nui as Hwang Bo Yeo Won
Im Ju Hwan as Wang Wook
Lee Duk Hwa as Wang Sik Ryum
Ryu Seung Soo as King Jeongjong
Na Jong Chan as Se Won

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Whootwhoot my gal Haetnim and one of my all-time favorite actor Jang Hyuk!!! Crazy how my sister told me about their pairing on the day of my last final during Fall semester and now it's airing! School just started for me too !!! My sister reminded me to watch ep1 but im too busy to start on any new dramas atm, however the teasers did look good tho ^^

dariey

sarNie Adult
the first 2 episode kind of interesting.waiting to see how wangso and shinyool will act for their first reunion after 5 years.got curious with his marriage with yeowon too.eunchul character remind me of the princess man drama,coz he the same guy after all..haha

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't think Jang Hyuk is a versatile actor... He seems to always have this hunchback of notre dam poise that irritates the hell out of me. Not just me, my aunt was the one who brought it to my attention lol 

Anyway I decided to give this a chance for  Bori Bori. It's very addictive. I sat through episode 1-5 in one go. The only annoying thing is Jang Hyuk's laugh. It must be his signature laugh because he used it in all his dramas but this is just excessive. I started episode 6 and it starting to feel like a Night Watchmen terror. 

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL i actually thought it was going to be good and not that it isn't the dramas just not my cup of tea. I gave up on this drama. 
@fun i actualy didn't realize it but that u mention it he does hahaha

dariey

sarNie Adult
what happen to historical drama nowaday,so different.i don't feel the historical element anymore apart from the place and the wardrobe.even the wardrobe look so flashy.

the fighting scene here is too weak.even they didn't use any effect or slow mo the scene still look like a slow mo.

disappoint when the only thing that i anticipate most didn't come out good.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Has it gotten better? I stop in the middle of episode 7.

I think what turn me off is that So is married to his half sister and his own family wants the throne. I know that incest was common in royal family but ew!!! In history he had children with her and he married his niece too (his full brother's daughter). This is why wuxia will always be better than Korean dramas base on history. For Koreans, I like Jumong and Dae Jang Geum. And fictional/fantasy base on Korean history I like Queen In Hyun's Man but I don't think that counts lol

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I think it got better. It started to drag around 5-8, but it got interesting again when they finally had the competition in 9 and

Wang So finally figures out she's a girl.

For a while the drama seemed to be stuck in place since nothing was happening and everyone was just planning, scheming, and moving chess pieces into place, but now the story's actually moving forward. Hopefully that continues.

dariey

sarNie Adult
Didn't follow much this drama,just jump here and there just to watch interesting part but that competion is sure a bad one.the actors should be train more how to fight or the editing part should make it better so it didn't show much how fake the fighting was.gosh i really can't accept when fighting scene turn out so bad.

Besides the way jang hyuk talk just turn me off..lol

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Well I have to agree about the fighting, but I just meant the drama picked up when they finally show the competition because the plot started moving forward and things started to get revealed.

Once in a while the way JH talks annoys me, but so far he's supposed to play this useless guy so I'm okay with it at times. I'm hoping his demeanor changes when he becomes king and he starts killing off the nobles lol. Either that or he'll just become even crazier like the title suggests (and as Shin Yool hinted could become a possibility).

fun

Expired Sarnie
I still find it very slow but definitely a lot better in 9 and 10. I don't like the way JH speaks either. He has this irritating voice and it's just not in here. Luckily he either star in with one of my fav lead actress or a good plot so I end watching most of his dramas.

It's Night Watchman all over again. Most people esp the bad ppl know lead guy's motive and identity. But what I find interesting is his wife. I can't seem to know which side she is on.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I call quits. Will watch the last episode. I can't believe this is another Jang Hyuk's project that I am not able to finish from start to end.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
lol i stop a long time ago..... the first episode was interesting but then it got real boring