Miss Hmong California 2007-2008

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Bao Xiong from Minnesota was crowned as Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA.

so... the public is mad about the decision and judging again just like last year's pageant.

i don't know how SHNY's panel decided on allowing a contestant from Minnesota join the California pageant.

they seriously need some help from some youngsters.. obviously.. a lot of young people attend the new years.. not that old people don't.. but anyway. they need to manage their new years better. they have a whole bunch of OG's trying to run a friggin new year that wasn't all that great.

one more thing...

i can't believe that they had people telling us where to stand in the ball tossing area. that was ridiculous!

you people might just say that if i don't like how the new year is going.. i don't have to go.. but i am speaking for a lot of people here. =D

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
fresno new year hasnt come yet, but.

dude. i agree with that.
miss california should at least reside in california!
and be from california!

it's not new to me. i think hmong judging and judges are always.... esk! crocked!
so.... i guess they are so use to being BIAS.
they dont vote to rules or regulations.
they just pick their favorite one.

whatever. im not even into that pageant thing.
but i do understand why people would be mad.

shoot!

;)

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i understand that bao xiong was more comfortable with the whole public speaking thing when she was doing her platform.. but come on.. she's a friggin social worker.??

crowning someone from minnesota is going to discourage a lot of girls from california from competing next year.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
okay.. i really did e-mail SHNY. obviously. as lame as their new year. i doubt they will even respond.

they're going to say it was a personal attack. not really. i am speaking for some others out there . =D

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
the public is mad????...sounds more like you're mad and just claiming that it's the public...i say get over it and move on...no one cares...all these hmong new yrs and pagents or whatever you call them are a waste of time and money and pretty much worthless...it's not like it's gonna get you anywhere in life...i mean...c'mon...who really cares if you're crowned the miss hmong or whatever at a lame new year?...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
I AM MAD TOO! JUST NOT NKAUJHMOOBLAUJ. I AM MAD! FIRST OFF ALL, SHNY SHOULDNT EVEN ALLOWED OTHER GIRLS WHO LIVED IN DIFFERENT STATE COMPLETE. THE HELL THEY KNOW ABOUT CALIFORNIA! THEY AINT GONNA BE THERE MOST OF THE TIME! NKAUJHMOOBLAUJ IS RIGHT. AS A HMONG GIRL I WOULD FEEL EVERY DISCOURAGE TO EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THE PAGAENT!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
the public is mad????...sounds more like you're mad and just claiming that it's the public...i say get over it and move on...no one cares...all these hmong new yrs and pagents or whatever you call them are a waste of time and money and pretty much worthless...it's not like it's gonna get you anywhere in life...i mean...c'mon...who really cares if you're crowned the miss hmong or whatever at a lame new year?...
first of all... the public is mad.

if you go onto sacramentohmongnewyear.com and read the guestbook entries.

people are angry.

so before you speak... get your facts straight... thank you and have a great night.. i have to go to my night class.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Hmong needs to enforce their rules not just state it and do nothing about it. They should have people who understands what's going on and knows what to do.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i don't really care about judges decisions cause they're not fair .....i'm not mad but....... some judges accept people from other states but not some people...and they accept some people that don't reach requirements.....they also sometimes basis people....but depends on people ideas.....i don't really care who win <_< or not at least they make top three than they're good.... :)................yeah but its just my thoughts.... ;)

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
I haven't attended a beauty pageant in *years* not since my uncle ran the Fresno New Year and I had to attend when I was like 6. Hmong ppl are too corrupt and biased.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
I think all pagents are corrupt in some way or another, I mean no one really knows whats going on unless you experience it firsthand the ones that do experience it firsthand are somewhat bias so you still can't really know...like the MN hmong new year this year, we had at least one girl from Wisconsin...Can we exclude them if they are a neighboring state and has no real huge new year of their own (statewide) I mean? Can you count it as more of a midwest hmong pagent then? But I do get the whole girl from MN winning CA's crown thing, we have our own big new year up here and unless she's been residing in CA for some time it wouldn't make sense for her to possess the CA crown because it entails certain duties to CA and CA's community...I mean they can argue that the Hmong community is a whole and if you're hmong then it doesnt matter but then they should name it THE new year, not Fresno or Sacramento new year...like I said, its provincial, the judges and commitee planning the event should know that...I agree with anti-hmong that it doesnt really affect you personally unless you follow the crowned winners journey through her reigning year personally but the fact of the matter is you're hmong, the actions of the judges and commitee reflect you as a people and it teaches your youth how to act just like other everyday actions when your parents tell you to set a good example for your siblings...the judges (elder and respected Hmong members) need to set a good example by us as well...this is why the younger generation hmong are rejecting its traditions and values because how can we set an example by our younger siblings if your elders are doing things that seem small but are effective? its important and if it doesn't matter to you then you truly are anti-hmong and should reconsider your self and identity...blood isnt adoptive, you don't choose, it just is...

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
hey do u guys notice that if u go onto the sacramentohmongnewyear.com and open the pagent application, go to the 2nd page and u'll see a little section that said if ur under 18, u need ur parent to sign it so u can join the pagent..... i thought it was for people who r 18 and older. they wouldn't need a parent signature if they're over 18 already y???? i think this is y pangzao khang go into the pagent last year.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
To pick a Miss Hmong, I think she at least need to be 18 years old. If it's Miss California, then of couse she need to reside in California. I don't think it's fair too...but oh well...

candi

sarNie Juvenile

people are angry.

so before you speak... get your facts straight... thank you and have a great night.. i have to go to my night class.

omg...her crown is way TOO BIG!

candi

sarNie Juvenile

people are angry.

omg...her crown is way TOO BIG!

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
Bao Xiong from Minnesota was crowned as Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA.

would anyone like to share pictures of this years Miss Hmong California Winner Bao Xiong?? haha dude it sounds just like our little Bugsy's name.... Bao Chicka Wow Wow... haha

anyways i dont see what's the BIG deal about this... i mean they've been doing it for years and ur just now complaining... oh please people!! It didnt say it on the california hmong pageant rule book that the contestants had to reside in cali.. it's open to anyone like the way miss USA is open to all differ states!! i've personally joined a pageant a couple years ago @ Virginia and i'm orginally from NC... surely i wasnt the only person from outta the state cause there was girls from Cali, Florida, Minnestoa.. u name it but what i'm trying to say is... It doesnt matter where ur from... as long as u got a sponser with u ur able to compete with all those pretty contestants up there..... they may play crooked but oh well it comes to no surprise their doing it....

*I totally second angelxmdawb's comment: that's why you don't go, don't support, and don't care about it ok?

*oh and one more thing? what do u mean her crowns too big?? is it ugly or ur just jealous u aint got one like her huh?? haha jkjk cause surely i want one like her's too if it's that big.... i'd wear that sucker around where every i go :)

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny

BAO XIONG
she's the winner.......

*picture credit to: tus hluas hmoob...?...(i think that's how you spell it....)