Miss Hmong California 2007-2008

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
thanks for posting the pic's MaiNhiaThao .... the crown looks amazing.. that's how every crown should look like.... the girl that won my year had a crown as nice as her's too....... well congrats to her then :)

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
ur welcome...
i guess everyone should give her a chance so she can show us what she can do to help out our hmong community....but it depends on the persons thoughts though....

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't think the public hates her. (bao xiong) of course not.. :) they will be a dumb reason..

its just.. she's not from california but from minnesota.. that's y people are mad.

oh wellz... let's just hope next year. any girls who enters, better be from california.. or else.. this sucks big time.. i mean it already sucks.. gosh!

NkuajHmoobUSA

sarNie Egg
In my opinion of Bao Xiong winning the crown of "Miss Hmong California" is nothing wrong. Because on the application of the Pageant. It did not say anything about you have to be from California, it only say that you atleast have to be 17. Know how to speak Hmong and one of your parents have to be Hmong if you're mix. So that's mean that anybody can enter the Pageant. For example the Minnesota and Michigan Hmong New Year pageant it say in their application that you have to atleast live in their state for 1 year to enter their pageant. Other than that you have to be a resident to enter their pageant. But the Sacramento pageant application didn't say anything like that, so there's really nothing to argue or to dissaprove of. If there is, then you guys must need to do some research before saying anything. And now a days the Hmong commites are looking for somebody who have high a education, speak hmong fluently and know what they're saying/doing. So they can have somebody to look up for and help the hmong commites in the future. As another example like Minnesota Metrodome Hmong New Year. The pageant was called "Miss Hmong American", but the one won last year is from China and she's not even from America, but she won. That's a topic to argue about, but to argue about this topic. There's nothing to argue about.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
Bao Xiong from Minnesota was crowned as Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA.

so... the public is mad about the decision and judging again just like last year's pageant.

paj zaub khab was not 18-years-old like the requirements said on the application and then this year... miss hmong california doesn't even reside in california.

i don't know how SHNY's panel decided on allowing a contestant from Minnesota join the California pageant.

they seriously need some help from some youngsters.. obviously.. a lot of young people attend the new years.. not that old people don't.. but anyway. they need to manage their new years better. they have a whole bunch of OG's trying to run a friggin new year that wasn't all that great.

one more thing...

i can't believe that they had people telling us where to stand in the ball tossing area. that was ridiculous!

you people might just say that if i don't like how the new year is going.. i don't have to go.. but i am speaking for a lot of people here. =D

WoW!!!! thanks for the news....yep, i agreed......

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
Bao Xiong from Minnesota was crowned as Miss Hmong CALIFORNIA.

so... the public is mad about the decision and judging again just like last year's pageant.

paj zaub khab was not 18-years-old like the requirements said on the application and then this year... miss hmong california doesn't even reside in california.

i don't know how SHNY's panel decided on allowing a contestant from Minnesota join the California pageant.

they seriously need some help from some youngsters.. obviously.. a lot of young people attend the new years.. not that old people don't.. but anyway. they need to manage their new years better. they have a whole bunch of OG's trying to run a friggin new year that wasn't all that great.

one more thing...

i can't believe that they had people telling us where to stand in the ball tossing area. that was ridiculous!

you people might just say that if i don't like how the new year is going.. i don't have to go.. but i am speaking for a lot of people here. =D
i agree with u about bao xiong but about pang zaub khang, its really not her fault because the rules say u have to be 18 or older to get in but on the application it had a section for ur parent to sign if u're under 18 so its not her fault.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
And during the pageant, if you did go.. they said, "Miss Hmong California,"

doesn't make sense, whoever is in charge of this is so stupid! they need to be organized.

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
i think if they have some judges that are not hmong and stick to the rules it would really be a little more fair

annae

sarNie Hatchling
I've never gone to a pageant before but if you're crowned miss hmong Cail...shouldn't you be from Cali !!

traci_vaj

sarNie Egg
Although, I'm not from California; I understand why you should be mad. These Hmong judges has no knowledge of judging or any kind of professional training as far as judging. They're just there to choose a girl they know; even if, it's someone with no talent and barely speaks Hmong. I, myself, will never run for the pageant, ever in my life time because I was asked by a guy who helps run the New Year along with his associates that they guarantee I would win if I ran for the pageant that particular year. The reason why? Because I was fluent in Hmong & English and I had the quality of being a Hmong daughter. I told them off because I did not have the looks and if I was ever to win that pageant, the public would know why. But I personally think that it's BULLCRAP because they told me that and I would never run due to the fact that it wasn't a fair pageant. I THINK THEY ONLY CHOOSE PEOPLE THEY KNOW TO WIN.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
stop supporting the pageants then.. don't go and ditch it.. when they have 0 people watching it, they will start being more fair... STRIKE :)

angelness

sarNie Egg
oh quit your weeping and whining... you all sound like a bunch of babies... shesh.. I think that as long as she's representing the state then who cares where she's from.. perhaps she's lived in california before and was forced to move to minnesota by her parents... so what if she's just back to show some pride in california.. YOU SHOULD ALL BE PROUD OF THE FACT THAT HMONG PEOPLE FROM OTHER STATES ARE COMING TO SUPPORT THOSE IN CALIFORNIA... besides it's not as if anyone else has the guts to do those pageants anyways... some girls are such chicken.. including me.. but hey, those girls got courage, something WE ALL LACK! so there!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i think if they have some judges that are not hmong and stick to the rules it would really be a little more fair
agreed. :)

I've never gone to a pageant before but if you're crowned miss hmong Cail...shouldn't you be from Cali !!
yes! that's what everyone is saying.

we are not whining. this is pageant is for "California," peoplez.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
okay.. so how would you minnesota people feel if a girl from california won the minnesota crown?

Ms_Stratus

sarNie Egg
I know for a fact that Bao has competed since 2003-04

she didn't win in St. Paul nor Minneapolis

Took 3rd in Fresno and now won the crown in Sac....

This is a girl who really follows her dream to the end...till she gets it...don't yall think?

whether people are whining and what not, i don't know and i don't care..but i'll throw in my two cents.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with someone from another state winning the crown...it's nice to see the talents of everyone..near and far...

the flaw is in the name of the pageant ..Miss Hmong California...with a name like that it's only obvious that people would expect the girl to reside and represent the state for which she is crowned and called.....so the ones who need to be responsible for this conflict is the people who ran the pageant...

Regarding this year's pageant...it was almost a given that Bao Xiong would win..she's been in a couple of pageants before, so she has some experience already, thus giving her an advantage. secondly, she's of a mature age..already finished with school and have her career going...her mindset and way of thinking is more developed. Thirdly, she has public speaking experience as well..from her career and previous pageant experiences. Many of the other contestants were so out of it....not knowing how to speak Hmong, forgetting their speech..it was horrible to watch. I felt so sad for them...I do give them credit for entering and for their bravery,etc..but if you're going to enter into something like a pageant..you better make damn sure you sound good when you're speaking, even if inside you're scared as heck.

I really thought there wasn't a real tough competition....but the fact that she won got me thinking how nice it would be if the contestants were a little more mature and had ambitions and ideas ...in other words, if there should ever be a Hmong pageant where the girls are mature and educated, imagine how exciting that would be...although many would ask..why would someone educated and mature and etc..really give a damn about entering a Hmong beauty contest?...
but still i think it'll be nice to see something like that...and it's possible...haha..I'm seeing more and more hmong women who are educated and can actually bring forth good ideas to the table that would benefit our Hmong community.

anyways...congrats to the winner..and everyone else...what's done is done..life goes on

angelness

sarNie Egg
whether people are whining and what not, i don't know and i don't care..but i'll throw in my two cents.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with someone from another state winning the crown...it's nice to see the talents of everyone..near and far...

the flaw is in the name of the pageant ..Miss Hmong California...with a name like that it's only obvious that people would expect the girl to reside and represent the state for which she is crowned and called.....so the ones who need to be responsible for this conflict is the people who ran the pageant...

Regarding this year's pageant...it was almost a given that Bao Xiong would win..she's been in a couple of pageants before, so she has some experience already, thus giving her an advantage. secondly, she's of a mature age..already finished with school and have her career going...her mindset and way of thinking is more developed. Thirdly, she has public speaking experience as well..from her career and previous pageant experiences. Many of the other contestants were so out of it....not knowing how to speak Hmong, forgetting their speech..it was horrible to watch. I felt so sad for them...I do give them credit for entering and for their bravery,etc..but if you're going to enter into something like a pageant..you better make damn sure you sound good when you're speaking, even if inside you're scared as heck.

I really thought there wasn't a real tough competition....but the fact that she won got me thinking how nice it would be if the contestants were a little more mature and had ambitions and ideas ...in other words, if there should ever be a Hmong pageant where the girls are mature and educated, imagine how exciting that would be...although many would ask..why would someone educated and mature and etc..really give a damn about entering a Hmong beauty contest?...
but still i think it'll be nice to see something like that...and it's possible...haha..I'm seeing more and more hmong women who are educated and can actually bring forth good ideas to the table that would benefit our Hmong community.

anyways...congrats to the winner..and everyone else...what's done is done..life goes on

wow, you said it all...BRAVO! I want to see more mature and educated women compete instead of all those high school girls and college freshmen... It'd really raise the bar... and really let some people see that those girls are not just pretty little things for everyone to flash their camera's and point at to see who's prettier, but show them that girls got brains! though like my sister once said to me 'If the girls going to be a doctor, she wouldn't be having the time to be up on that stage!" and that might partly be true...

sweet_yang

sarNie Adult

way to go! i totally agree with you.

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
I don't ever pay attention to these pageants, but may I ask... what do the contestant get out of this? Do they only get money and the title of "Miss Hmong __________" only?