MN St.Paul rivercenter New year, Cheated or not????

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
People from mn, do you think that miss Ka Nong Xiong (i think) deserve to win first or do you think that they cheated?? what about the second place winner

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Like I said in the past... any pageant girl who has ties big or small to any of the judges or committees of the new year probably cheated.
That's why girls of any connection to the new year committees and judges should be eliminated.

sulad

sarNie Adult
I was watching the pageant at the New Year and suprisedly didn't expect her to win since I didn't pay attention to her, but more on the other girl and she won. I saw alot of bad comments about her in Youtube and I honestly don't think there was any cheating like people has say. By me saying that doesn't mean I'm related to her or defending her because I don't even know who she is and just by watching how each indiviual did, I think she deserve it. Every one of them was really confidence, but like people say there can only be one winner. It was a great pageant show and every one of them did great. Also a curious question that have been bothering, I know there was suppose to be 13 girls and it ended up being only 12. Do anybody know what happen to the 13th girl?, forgot her name though.

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
I was watching the pageant at the New Year and suprisedly didn't expect her to win since I didn't pay attention to her, but more on the other girl and she won. I saw alot of bad comments about her in Youtube and I honestly don't think there was any cheating like people has say. By me saying that doesn't mean I'm related to her or defending her because I don't even know who she is and just by watching how each indiviual did, I think she deserve it. Every one of them was really confidence, but like people say there can only be one winner. It was a great pageant show and every one of them did great. Also a curious question that have been bothering, I know there was suppose to be 13 girls and it ended up being only 12. Do anybody know what happen to the 13th girl?, forgot her name though.
I think the girl dropped out at last minute for an "emergency."

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
yea i heard that the first and second place winner father has a high status and the other one work for lao family which i think host the river center new year

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
i was watching pageant too and i think that there are other girls who did better than the first and second place girl and answered the final question right. the two winner didn't answer the question

onekidgirl

sarNie Egg
I was not able to attend the HNY this year, but have seen the videos through Youtube and other source. I may have missed many parts of the HNY Pageant performances and rounds, but I do think that there were other contestants who should've placed higher. KNX- shouldn't have placed first because her Hmong wasn't fluent. The second place runner's answer sucked. She shouldn't have placed in general. But face reality people, if you are PRETTY, then you will place. If you do not meet the "beauty" expectations of the "norm" that Lao family expects even if you are smart of have talent, then you will NEVER win. That is true and fact. People do cheat, but most of the time, personal appearance matters most.

I also saw that on Youtube, contestant Kia Xiong was complaining about cheating and cheats. Well, it just shows me how fake any pageant girls can be on stage and off stage, not that I have high expectations anyways.

Last year winner deserved it. Her Hmong was fluent, she was a dancer growing up, she answered the question well, etc.

There are lots of flaws in all pageant systems. I wish that we all or those who complain at least do something about it. I am going to email Lao Family about my opinions and contacting Hmong American Partnership about some stuff that I see also.

About #13, I really dont think that LF have the right to boot her out. Our society looks down on dancers, but it is a talent and if she enjoys doing so, we cant discriminate against that. Many people who run in these pageants aren't the most innocent in our community. Many, in fact, have worst reputation than a go go dancer does. Arg, they should just re-organize the expectations and duties of the pageant winners after the win rather then booting people out because of their jobs. If there is a responsibility role of the pageant winner after their win, maybe the gogo dancer can exceed the task better then any other girl (just generalizing).

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
No. the last 13th girl was booted out because she's an exotic dancer...or better known as a Go Go dancer. :( poor girl was booted out the day before. the other contestants snitched on her.
That's messed up. lol i guess snitching gives you more chance to win. lol no wonder. gosh people are just too mean these days. lol

I guess before every girl that enters the pageant in the future, should know about each other and point out their flaws.
perhaps have evidences to show to the judges. lol! That will be super intense! haha

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I was not able to attend the HNY this year, but have seen the videos through Youtube and other source. I may have missed many parts of the HNY Pageant performances and rounds, but I do think that there were other contestants who should've placed higher. KNX- shouldn't have placed first because her Hmong wasn't fluent. The second place runner's answer sucked. She shouldn't have placed in general. But face reality people, if you are PRETTY, then you will place. If you do not meet the "beauty" expectations of the "norm" that Lao family expects even if you are smart of have talent, then you will NEVER win. That is true and fact. People do cheat, but most of the time, personal appearance matters most.

I also saw that on Youtube, contestant Kia Xiong was complaining about cheating and cheats. Well, it just shows me how fake any pageant girls can be on stage and off stage, not that I have high expectations anyways.

Last year winner deserved it. Her Hmong was fluent, she was a dancer growing up, she answered the question well, etc.

There are lots of flaws in all pageant systems. I wish that we all or those who complain at least do something about it. I am going to email Lao Family about my opinions and contacting Hmong American Partnership about some stuff that I see also.

About #13, I really dont think that LF have the right to boot her out. Our society looks down on dancers, but it is a talent and if she enjoys doing so, we cant discriminate against that. Many people who run in these pageants aren't the most innocent in our community. Many, in fact, have worst reputation than a go go dancer does. Arg, they should just re-organize the expectations and duties of the pageant winners after the win rather then booting people out because of their jobs. If there is a responsibility role of the pageant winner after their win, maybe the gogo dancer can exceed the task better then any other girl (just generalizing).
like you said, dancing is a talent. one of the contestants at the SAC NEW YEAR pageant danced. she did hip hop.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
That's messed up. lol i guess snitching gives you more chance to win. lol no wonder. gosh people are just too mean these days. lol

I guess before every girl that enters the pageant in the future, should know about each other and point out their flaws.
perhaps have evidences to show to the judges. lol! That will be super intense! haha
most people are all in for the money. that's the truth. if you really want good contestants who are fit for the role, you're going to have to do a good bg check on them. just looking at their answers and looking at their application ain't gonna do it.

mokka

sarNie Adult
interesting observation/ info/ analyzing(Which ever word fit better)... Not really a big fan of HMong pageant because to me it's very mess up... but I have to agree with whatever you are saying.

neena

sarNie Adult
The whole time i was watching this competition i kept thinking dang miss mn from last year really stole the show because i forgot I was watching a pageant while she was passing out her gifts to the dancers of the competition. my sister's friend won, i didn't know her but i had a gut feeling she would win. honestly, i dunno care who wins because in the end winners just get to be on the cover of hmong times once or twice then the rest is history.