mole removal??

annea

sarNie Adult
I was planning on gettina mole remove but kinda scared..lol...i've been kinda self-concious about it for so long and plannin on gettin it removal...has anyone got one before? does it hurt? whats the cost? and does it takes long to recover? i read online and some people said it leaves scars..wonder how bad is it...my friend is an intern at a dermotologist clinic and she said she can definitely hook me up..but i dunno.. ;) ..i really wanna take it out thou..haha...its been bothering me since i'm gettin older and its like on my face.. ;) :p ...is laser treatment the best? i know theres other treatment too but laser seems to be popular... thanks na ja for any help and comment!!!

numfon

sarNie Adult
hey, there. =)

i had mine removed when i went to Thailand... the cost was like 14,000 bahts for it, which is like $400, but that's because i had so many on my face. i had the small ones removed by using laser and two big ones removed by getting a surgery. at first i was afraid too (especially the scar part) because i only had one chance, and yeah.. i was afraid that it would be painful also. however, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad at all, thanks to local anesthetic. it was more irritating for me because of all the hassle i had to go through after i had them removed. you have to be really clean, make sure you always apply your medications regularly, stay away from the sun, and never scratch or pick on your wound because that will cause you to have a scar. like i said, i had my moles removed in Thailand, and it was during the summer, so imagine how hard it was for me to follow those rules for two weeks. T_T

to answer your question about the best treatment... it actually depends on your mole. if it has a deep root, then they'd have to remove it by performing a surgery. if not, then a small speck of laser is enough to make it vanish.

hope i helped a little, at least. =)

DEGacktmoon

sarNie Hatchling
I'm not sure if i'm gonna be of any help. but i do know a few number of people who had their moles removed. some did have scars but some came out clear. i guess it's like what numfon said about following the directions and stuff.

but my brother did it himself. he had a big on on his face and he took it off himself. *ouch... he just sorta... sliced it off and picked the deep parts out, all by hand. then he totally threw alcohol onto it... gosh, i swear, just telling you hurts me already... but anyways, his was not even professionally done and the only treatment he used for it was alcohol, for a few days. he turned out just fine. there's no scar, just a lighter skin formed on it for the first 2 or so years... lol... but after that, his skin pretty much look normal now. one really can't tell he used to have a mole there.

so wat i'm saying is, if you got it professionally done, you prolly shouldn't worry too much about it, esp if you really wanna get it done and you really dislike the mole. and just like numfon said, follow the instructions and take the treatments recommended then, i think you should be just fine.

hope i help a little. ^_*

I have a Cindy Crawford mole on my face. I hate it so much! I dont know if her's on the the right or left but mine is on the right. I alwaise dreamed of removing it but people keep telling me they would DIE to have one like it. I think to myself... hmm... uh huh... really now... Damn it! I wonder myself too... BUT
Many years ago my little sister removed her mole inside her lower eyelid. DO NOT TRY AT HOME!!! BTW my mom removed it for her using battery acid. Yes its gone and nothing there but I would not recommend you guys to try it at all...

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I have a Cindy Crawford mole on my face. I hate it so much! I dont know if her's on the the right or left but mine is on the right. I alwaise dreamed of removing it but people keep telling me they would DIE to have one like it. I think to myself... hmm... uh huh... really now... Damn it! I wonder myself too... BUT
Many years ago my little sister removed her mole inside her lower eyelid. DO NOT TRY AT HOME!!! BTW my mom removed it for her using battery acid. Yes its gone and nothing there but I would not recommend you guys to try it at all...

Wow, this thread is interesting. But how does battery acid affective?

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
I've always wondered how removing moles w/ battery acid worked. I remember back in hs my friend ditching a day just to get her mole removed w/ battery acid.

annea

sarNie Adult
the battery acid sounds hurtful...hehe...lol...i think mines have to be remove by surgery because its kinda big..kinda feeling scare...do u have to take any medication or do they just give u stuff to use and clean the wound? i have to take like a week off work if i wanna do this so i can rest and recover...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I've never tried it but I'd be scared to.
All of my moles are flat, the only raised one I have is close to my belly button (it's like the Cindy Crawford mole but on my stomach).

I keep getting new ones in the strangest place, it's starting to really annoy me, like one on the inside of my hand and one under my little toe. Luckily I don't have any on my face, except the tear drop (right under my eye) ones I was born with.

What ever you do, don't try to do it at home on your own, go see a professional.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Really yingerbug? Battery acid works for you?
It don't work for my family. Probably 'cause
our mole roots are deep? Anyways, my mom
has this white ointment that she used on me,
though I didn't want it. And it totally screwed
up my face. It left a scar. Basically, it's like a
burn. And it heals the same way. Has a layer
that you peel off and the mole comes with it.
But it leaves a scar. I hate it! I'd prefer my
mole than this! Ugh. The scar is ugly.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
Really yingerbug? Battery acid works for you?
It don't work for my family. Probably 'cause
our mole roots are deep? Anyways, my mom
has this white ointment that she used on me,
though I didn't want it. And it totally screwed
up my face. It left a scar. Basically, it's like a
burn. And it heals the same way. Has a layer
that you peel off and the mole comes with it.
But it leaves a scar. I hate it! I'd prefer my
mole than this! Ugh. The scar is ugly.

i have the exact side affect too... the mole is gone..but a light reddish scar remains... and it's more annoying than the mole itself... but it is easily covered by concealer and make up... so i don't mind it much... but i used the same method as you did...except the liquid i used were black...so it wasn't obvious when i had it on my face...

ohmigosh

sarNie Egg
I had a mole removed, it was under my left eye. I got it done professionally by a doctor, it wasn't painful or anything because i got injected with local anesthetic (now that was the only painful part throughout the process and I even got a bruise afterwards under my eye, it looked like I just got bashed). I remembered when they were removing the mole I could feel them slicing my skin and cutting the mole out and stitching my skin back together. Now my mole is gone and i'm left with a scar which is barely noticable under my eye. The only thing i hated throughout this process was that once i got home i had to becareful of what i ate and to avoid from getting my stitches wet which was very difficult since its on my face and i found it very hard to wash my face without getting it wet, maybe thats why I got a scar.

This didnt cost me anything and it didnt take long for it to recover, it took me around a month for my skin to fully recover.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
My mom took me and my siblings to this Viet/Laotion lady in st.paul MN place she removed our moles I thought mines were gone but they're still here guess it didn't work. But I really want to remove my moles again, I have enough already!