Most OVERRATED actors and actresses

So we have a poll on most UNDERRATED actors and actresses...now, I'd like to hear everyone's opinions about the most OVERRATED ones.
The one on top of my list is...drum roll...AUM PATCHARAPA. Man, not only she is considered the sexiest woman in Thailand but also one of the top-paid actresses. I actually like her but I personally think that she is so overrated.

Okay now I think Yaya fans will want to kill me on this one but I do think YAYA is overrated. Her acting is good and all but not jaw dropping great. She needs to work on her crying and her voice is so annoying. She sounds like a little girl! Despite that, I actually like this girl because of her personality. She's adorable but definitely overrated.

cool :)

sarNie Adult
....I actually think YAYA is not overrated. She may need help on her crying scenes, but it's not like in her lakorns, to have her cry hecka bad! Like crying too much doesnt even mean anything in a lakorn thats not meant to be sad. Well thats what i think. And i think her voice is really cute. Shes one of those adorable n'eks. 

Asy

sarNie Immature
I remember this topic before.

Well. FOR ME, if you like any celebrities, no matter how much people say the celebs are overrated, you'll say they aren't.
And if you hate some celebrities, even when they're not actually overrated, you'll think they're overrated.

coralista

sarNie Hatchling
All the 4HJHKK gang are overrated in one way or another. The way the media talks about them and the attention that they garner from the viewers is a little too much. None of their performances were earth shattering or jaw dropping. Some were good in the sense that they're part of the younger generation and have little acting experience yet were able to portray their characters well and have memorable on screen chemistry with their co-star. They're not bad actors it's just the way the public perceives them that's overboard and extremely annoying. Whether you agree or not, half of them are only popular because most of Thailand's younger population think they're the hottest looking person on this planet or they have extremely good OFF SCREEN chemistry with someone which is pathetic because popularity should be rewarded for good ON SCREEN chemistry and solid acting. Actually no. It's more like only a few excelled in their roles and the rest of the gang rode off their fame. Funny how Yaya and Nadech were probably one of the main reasons why the whole project of 4HJHKK became popular but when it comes down to it, everyone is fast at saying Yaya is the most overrated one of the bunch.

All of them still have lots to improve. Yaya is actually a decent crier its just so many people fail to understand the art of acting. Most viewers are under this impression that a good crier needs to present a river of tears which is amusing because that's totally wrong. Both Yaya and Kim need to work on their facial expressions and speech specifically during dramatic scenes because they come off very forced and unnatural. Kim uses the same tone in her voice and she does this eye twitching and mouth thing that's annoying while Yaya needs to have better control on her voice when she yells.  Margie is always the same no matter what type of role she takes which is something she needs to work on, differentiating between all her characters. Mint needs to continue working on delivering her lines. I won't even talk about Mark because I'd have too much to say. Nadech needs to work on his crying and staring. Boy is good with what he does but it's just repetitive.

Most overrated? Let's see.
Aum P - Her acting is good to an extent but she's mainly popular because of her sexy image which is a big over hype.
Aff T - Only excels in one type of role which is a weak one but fails to deliver when given something different
Tik J - Could never justify why his only decent acting earned him best actor of the year for 3 years in a row.
Nadech - Decent acting but not worth those countless awards where he won best actor or the #1 title in polls, lol.
Mark P - Superstar or not there is absolutely nothing about his acting that stands out
Bie S - Singing or acting wise, he is soo overrated period.
Ken P - For a highly promoted superstar, his acting is intolerable, cringe worthy and laugh worthy.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I like the way you come out so straight forward with this coralista. I definately think that Aum P is overrated as well. I don't even see her as sexy, she's pretty, but not sexy and acting is okay. I don't think Bie is overrated because unlike Vill or Pong he hasn't been appearing in many Lakorn's. Believe it or not, he has only been in six Lakorn's since he started, while some others are totally loved and been starring in too many lakorn's. I agree that Mark's acting doesn't stand out, but he's popular due to his looks, not that i don't like him. I love him. I also think that Yadech, MK team are only popular because they look cute together, but i still love them. I don't think Ken P is overated. I think Kimmy is actually one of the newbies that actually has something worth talking about, either her personality or acting, she is great period. This is just my opinion. :)

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
As much as I love Mark, I don't find him overrated.  I think it's funny that people think he's overrated when he's actually not that overrated.  He has a good decent amount of lakorn and events through out the year but def. not overrated.  But then I could see why people think he's overrated because if compared to other stars at CH3, the 4HJHKK stars are indeed the most popular and that's because they are indeed the most good looking, most beautiful and most friendly stars.

Hmm...I don't think Tik is overrated. Otherwise, he'd have loads of lakorns.
I don't think Mark and Bie are overrated either because like Tik, they don't have many lakorns. Like Bieluvr said, Bie has only had a handful of lakorns. I agree Bie's acting isn't great but as an entertainer, I think he's perfect. He is able to capture his audience's attention by just simple greeting because he just has that charm and great personality. The best thing about Bie is his personality and that's why I love him. So no, I don't think he's overrated.

cool :) said:
....I actually think YAYA is not overrated. She may need help on her crying scenes, but it's not like in her lakorns, to have her cry hecka bad! Like crying too much doesnt even mean anything in a lakorn thats not meant to be sad. Well thats what i think. And i think her voice is really cute. Shes one of those adorable n'eks. 
Her voice is actually cute but when it comes to mature roles like in "Game Rai Game Rak", her voice is very annoying. I like her better in comedies. ;)

coralista

sarNie Hatchling
Double standards lol. It's impossible to have a thorough discussion on this topic because everyone has a different approach to the subject, everyone is bias one way or another and everyone has different definitions to the terms, overrated, talented and popularity. I'll leave it at that lol.

Asy

sarNie Immature
coralista said:
Double standards lol. It's impossible to have a thorough discussion on this topic because everyone has a different approach to the subject, everyone is bias one way or another and everyone has different definitions to the terms, overrated, talented and popularity. I'll leave it at that lol.

Glad you realize it eheheh. This thread is to ask our opinion anyway, not to agree or disagree with each other as if there is right or wrong.

coralista

sarNie Hatchling
hahah of course. there's no wrong or right answer when it comes to popularity because we all have our own opinions. im not trying to make people agree with my comment but im rather offering my own interpretation which I feel is different from others. read it, ignore it, take it with a grain of salt. the end.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Overrated? :scratchhead2:
There are plenty of overrated actors/actresses, but these are the ones that seem to stand out more from that overrated bunch...in my opinion. HAHA. 

Ladies:
Aum P. - Her acting is good, but her supposed "sex appeal" does play a big part in her being one of the top-paid actresses. 
Chompoo A. - Her acting is mediocre. 
Janie T. - She's only great at comedies. 
Rita S. - Still don't understand why she gets the lead roles; she's always having the same facial expression. 
Aff T. - She's only good at playing the prim and proper gal, and her crying facial expression is very weak/unnatural.

Gents:
Pong N. - Overacts too much.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
DaisyDukes* said:
As much as I love Mark, I don't find him overrated.  I think it's funny that people think he's overrated when he's actually not that overrated.  He has a good decent amount of lakorn and events through out the year but def. not overrated.  But then I could see why people think he's overrated because if compared to other stars at CH3, the 4HJHKK stars are indeed the most popular and that's because they are indeed the most good looking, most beautiful and most friendly stars.

yup, the 4HJHKK stars are the most well-known/popular out there compared to other ch.3 younger stars. I also don't find him overrated either, and it doesn't have anything to do with me being his fan or not. Talking about how 4HJHKK stars are the most good-looking, most beautiful, and most friendly stars, I would like to add on, a little bit to that too. I think most people also love them not just based from those reasons, but also because of each ones of their personalities, and because of their true friendship. They are ones of the least people in the industry that actually have very sincere friendship/relationship with one another that they can even hang out with each other, which I never seen these kind of friendships from the older generation stars. The younger stars seems to be more diverse and open to everyone, which is rare from the older generations. Maybe the older gen. stars also get along too, but I seriously never seen them having the kind of friendship that the younger gen. stars have, especially the friendship like 4HJHKK stars. 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I have to agree with mmgjp314 on the above post. I personally love he 4HHJ cast not because of their acting but due to their friendship and always being there for each other, they make the friendship feel special and not just, oh, you're my friend or oh, we should talk cause we know each other, but because they actually care for each other.

SonYukView4ever

maybe its just me but it seems ch7 is trying really hard to "promote" weir. he seems rather overrated coming from ch7! I dont find ch7 interesting anymore. Porshe is okay but not always eye candy hot lol he's cute and funny smile. Min pecheya is who I will still pay attention to occasionally but lately ch7 lakorns dont drop any bomb anymore lol everything is downhill!!!

In the mean time, ch3 is kind of cracking too. lmao!! nothing is even worth mentioning at the moment. lol
i def. cannot wait for the big project series and my most look forward to lakorns later this year!!!!

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
coralista said:
Whether you agree or not, half of them are only popular because most of Thailand's younger population think they're the hottest looking person on this planet or they have extremely good OFF SCREEN chemistry with someone which is pathetic because popularity should be rewarded for good ON SCREEN chemistry and solid acting.
I think the mentality behind this statement or line of logic is.......narrow. If popularity involves the affections of the fans, I don't believe there is a "should" or "should not" statement. Or in other words, no one can dictate who deserves the affections of the fans. Perhaps, the word you are looking for is "critical acclaim."

coralista said:
Funny how Yaya and Nadech were probably one of the main reasons why the whole project of 4HJHKK became popular

This is a really unfair statement that totally discredits not only the main cast but also the work of those working behind the cameras. Lol.

SonYukView4ever

Asy said:
I remember this topic before.

Well. FOR ME, if you like any celebrities, no matter how much people say the celebs are overrated, you'll say they aren't.
And if you hate some celebrities, even when they're not actually overrated, you'll think they're overrated.

Lol. Good Point! I just came across this comment today. Hahaha :p