[Movie] Brooklyn (2015)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I had watched this movie a few months ago. After I finished it, I told myself that I will watch it again. Yup, it was such a good movie for me to say that lol. So I will do what I said & will be back to comment about it more thoroughly :).

cecilia

Staff member
Sounds like a good movie -- love has no color and religion. Love is love is love is love. Of course, home is where love is too :)

I will find this to watch -- hopefully, it's on Netflix.

Ms.Zoe

Do check it out :). After watching it, if I were in Eilis's shoes I would choose what she chose.

Ms.Zoe

Okay so I finished this movie for the second time lol. What did I took out from watching it?

1. Take a chance - where you are at & the people there are not doing anything good for you, go somewhere else when you are given a chance, it may be difficult at first - new places & people but time will heal your homesickness & you will meet wonderful people who will help you

Eilis she took a chance for better opportunities in America & it forever changes her life!

When she went passed the immigration line for the first time, she was given a chance for better opportunities & she sure made the best of that chance.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Are you watching this online? DVD is not out yet.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
---> SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you don't want to know what happens!!!! :)

I watched this movie awhile back. Doesn't she cheat on the first guy? I was so mad at her!!! But good ending, he's sweet..

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

No let me explain what I think lol :)

I don't think what she did when she returned home was cheating. She did not know that rich Irish guy was invited to join her & her friends. Before she came to America, there was not anything for her in Ireland but when she returned home, she got a job & a guy who has interests in her.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I should watch the movie again.. but I was so mad at her because there's a good, loyal fellow waiting for her in Brooklyn and there she is spending time with another guy who is into her in Ireland! :sad6: It is a movie about growth and self-discovery and I liked that.

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

Okay the first meeting when she didn't know that the Irish was invited isn't considered cheating or when they all went to the beach but a few times she went out alone with the Irish guy, Eilis disappointed me, yeah I considered those as cheating lol but they didn't kiss or went beyond that, thank goodness or else who knows what will happen lol. I do think since before she left for America she didn't have anything worthy but when she returned home she had them so she wanted to experience them plus I think she wanted to fit in and she had encouragements from her mom & friends to get to know the Irish guy so she went along with it. If her older sis was still alive, she could have helped Eilis, giving her advices...

She did had a little conflict with herself when she didn't know what to write to her husband and that she didn't want him to know how/what she was doing back home. I think the movie could have been better if it shows more of her conflicts in making the decision to stay in Ireland or return to Brooklyn than having her former boss helping her to make that quick & strong decision because what if her former boss didn't know about her martial status, how long will she stays in Ireland??

Dhea Nadia

in waiting for Lai Kinnaree
Sounds like a good movie -- love has no color and religion. Love is love is love is love. Of course, home is where love is too :)

I will find this to watch -- hopefully, it's on Netflix.
It is a good movie! it has a simple yet beautiful story in it :) being a fan of Saoirse since I was a child and never felt disappointed with all of her movies:icon12:

Dhea Nadia

Okay so I finished this movie for the second time lol. What did I took out from watching it?

1. Take a chance - where you are at & the people there are not doing anything good for you, go somewhere else when you are given a chance, it may be difficult at first - new places & people but time will heal your homesickness & you will meet wonderful people who will help you

Eilis she took a chance for better opportunities in America & it forever changes her life!

When she went passed the immigration line for the first time, she was given a chance for better opportunities & she sure made the best of that chance.
This movie has a message and I love Eilis character, she seems very brave and strong, especially when she talked to her ex boss after she tried to threat her:icon12: but I feel bad for her mother when she left her alone :sad6:I wonder if she will visit her mother or not someday. Why wouldn't she take her mother to America too:crybaby2:I can be so fragile when it comes to family matters :facepalm:.

Ms.Zoe

This movie has a message and I love Eilis character, she seems very brave and strong, especially when she talked to her ex boss after she tried to threat her:icon12: but I feel bad for her mother when she left her alone :sad6:I wonder if she will visit her mother or not someday. Why wouldn't she take her mother to America too:crybaby2:I can be so fragile when it comes to family matters :facepalm:.
You know I have actually thought about her mother living in Ireland all by herself too because like you I could be emotional when it comes to family matters as well lol. The mother might have more difficulties than Eilis adjusting to her new life in a new country if she decided to come to America. The mother seemed disappointed that Eilis wanted to return to America but from that disappointment I could see that she wasn't going to cut all ties with Eilis. I think time will heal their mother & daughter relationship. I personally think a mother & daughter relationship is one of the best relationships ever & a small trivial matter like the one Ellis & her mother have wouldn't be able to hurt their relationship. And I personally think home isn't about where you live but it is about of who are there with you.

Dhea Nadia

You know I have actually thought about her mother living in Ireland all by herself too because like you I could be emotional when it comes to family matters as well lol. The mother might have more difficulties than Eilis adjusting to her new life in a new country if she decided to come to America. The mother seemed disappointed that Eilis wanted to return to America but from that disappointment I could see that she wasn't going to cut all ties with Eilis. I think time will heal their mother & daughter relationship. I personally think a mother & daughter relationship is one of the best relationships ever & a small trivial matter like the one Ellis & her mother have wouldn't be able to hurt their relationship. And I personally think home isn't about where you live but it is about of who are there with you.
I agree, I just hope she will come visit to her mother at least once a year every christmas or thanksgiving and bring her childrens too so that they can see their Irish grandmother:):crybaby2: