[Movie] Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨

Stars Jim Carrey and the beautiful Kate Winslet.

“You look at a baby and it's so pure, and so free, and so clean, and adults are like this mess of sadness and phobias, and Howard just makes it all go away.” — Mary Svevo, character

A man, Joel Barish, heartbroken that his girlfriend Clementine underwent a procedure to erase him from her memory, decides to do the same. However, as he watches his memories of her fade away, he realizes that he doesn’t want to lose Clementine forever, and that it may be too late to correct what he’d done.
IMDb.com

This movie was enjoyable! A lot of great takeaways and lessons are found in this movie! I think the most important point in the story is that no matter what happens at the end of a relationship, every moment spent together is worth it. The movie also gives me hope that if two people are meant to be together, they will cross paths again. :) I myself have been thinking over the past few days of a past love whom I consider to be the one that got away, and this movie really gives me peace and faith that what’s meant to be will be.. sometimes. Sometimes, you have to make things happen! It was fun seeing Jim Carrey in a serious role! Kate Winslet is stunningly beautiful as always!:love:

Last edited:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
One of my favorite scenes from the movie

Credit to rightful owners

Last edited: