[Movie] Girls (闺蜜)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tor9x8lT0fY​
cr:黃真真電影<閨密>​
 ​
 ​

Girls opens at college graduation, where Kimmy (Fiona Sit) threatens to jump off a building because a guy dumped her and her dad is forcing her to go to the U.S. for grad school – and you know, she just hates speaking English. Her pals Siwen (Ivy Chen) and Xiaomei (Yang Zishan) out Kimmy as a histrionic drama queen before one of the other girls accidentally falls off the building. She survives, but hey – attempted suicide as comedy! Some years later, the three cohabitate in a super-huge flat in an undisclosed city in China (Or is it Taiwan?). Xiaomei is an assistant to director Barbara Wong, while Kimmy runs an events company and Siwen works at a posh hotel and is about to marry the handsome Lin Jie (Wallace Chung). Unfortunately, Lin Jie is caught with his hand in someone else’s cookie jar, leading to a cancelled wedding and a deluxe Siwen meltdown where she lolls about in a dazed stupor. How will her friends get Siwen out of her funk?
cr:gooddrama

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I remember seeing pics for this film awhile back... I really liked the cast, since I'm quite fond of Ivy, Fiona, Shawn, & Wallace.

The film was good in some aspects but... it lacked quite a bit too.  The film focused on the girls obviously ... and you get only a few rare chance to see the guys... which makes me feel that any other actors, newbies or not could have replaced them... because they weren't all that important.. which is sad to say :(  It shows great friendship between the girls though... The film could have elaborated more on the men.. and the storyline more.  Some parts were jumpy.. had random mood swings... and annoying mistrust/jealousy of friends...

I just have to say that the film had a superb cast... but they weren't put to good use... which I strongly feel that it was a waste. I guess it's great for promotion though... sigh.