[Movie] Painted Skin

skies

sarNie Adult
OOO...so i was looking at some upcoming chinese movies and came upon this movie "painted skin" which stars donnie yen, vicki zhao wei, chen kun, and zhou xun and it looks very interesting...a thriller like romance i think??? lol...anyways, i'm looking forward to the 26th of this month which is when the movie will come out

Synopsis:

Synopsis: (credits: imdb) The movie will focus on the demise of the scholar Wang (Chen Kun) when he meets the beautiful ghost (Zhou Xun) and also the secret love story between the scholar's wife (Vicki) and his brother (Donnie Yen).

Credits: Asianfanatics

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfsszxWOhQ

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
i'm going to get a copy when the store near here sells it....the cast are great...especially with Qu YuWu in films like this.... :D

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
is it already out?

I knew this story was from Strange Tales of Liao Zhai!!!! i liked it the original a lot!

this is how the story goes:

the main guy is married to a girl..n life goes well for them..but then life is changed when a new girl comes into his life...she looks good and attracts him and he falls for her becuz she reminds him of his ex who died a while back...but the truth is that she REALLY is his ex. and she wants revenge..

this is where the story unfolds and secrets are revealed...i dont want to spoil the movie for u all...

overall, it's pretty good, and i liked it. hopefully vicki zhao does a very good performance on it cuz she's a great actress.

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
no its gonna be out around next week :D in theaters over in China? lol but yeahh i dink the storie is a little different from the original cos from what i read.

"Painted Skin is based on the same title short story from Liao Zhai Zhi Yi. The story is set in late Yuen Dynasty, at the time when demons and devils roam free. A fairy Shui Mei Ling who killed her lover 100 years ago turned into a demon, and constantly needs the heart and skin of man to maintain her beauty. As her time for reincarnation draws near, her last victim Wang Er Sheng turns out to be a descendant of the lover she killed, while his brother Wang Er Lang (Donnie Yen) is a ghostbusting master who is highly skilled, brave and smart."

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
no its gonna be out around next week :D in theaters over in China? lol but yeahh i dink the storie is a little different from the original cos from what i read.

"Painted Skin is based on the same title short story from Liao Zhai Zhi Yi. The story is set in late Yuen Dynasty, at the time when demons and devils roam free. A fairy Shui Mei Ling who killed her lover 100 years ago turned into a demon, and constantly needs the heart and skin of man to maintain her beauty. As her time for reincarnation draws near, her last victim Wang Er Sheng turns out to be a descendant of the lover she killed, while his brother Wang Er Lang (Donnie Yen) is a ghostbusting master who is highly skilled, brave and smart."
yea Liao Zhai Zhi Yi is what i was describing in the previous post...but in that lil story in there, she isn't a fairy n she didnt kill her lover, her lover killed her.. she comes back to get him by using the paint paper that he uses to fix her skin cuz when she died in a fire and shes all burnt..n the paint paper is very similar to skin, that's why it is called painted skin, cuz she uses the paper as her skin....

cecilia

Staff member
wow.i'm a fan of donnie and vicki, so can't wait. and chen kun is looking so cool -- similar to leslie cheung too. anyway, the trailer was awesome !!! can't wait.

here's the longer version of the mv -- you'll understand alot more in this one than the one above b/c it have the full version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRV01hEJxk

nence

sarNie Juvenile
i don't know about you guys but after watching this...i cried. the love story is just so sad. i love it. it made me cried for vicki's character. it was just so sad...and cute...i also liked donnie yen...but was kind of hoping he had a more of a bigger or better role...

innoncent_mei

sarNie Juvenile
I finally got the movie... i thought it was okay...but the subtitle is stupid...becuase ithe subs doesn't make sense by the way how they say...when you watch it..and reading the subs...it confusing...but if i have the time...i will post up the movie.. =P

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I just want to ask so this is a sad end right no one get each other or a happy end? I'm really into happy end. lolz... I really like Vicki and haven't see her in a while and I want to try to this movie.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I just want to ask so this is a sad end right no one get each other or a happy end? I'm really into happy end. lolz... I really like Vicki and haven't see her in a while and I want to try to this movie.
i can assure u that it's not a sad ending.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
mongstaness Posted Yesterday said:
(dancy @ Dec 6 2008 said:
i can assure u that it's not a sad ending.
Thanks.

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
oh this movie is pretty good, i heard my chinese professor talk about it and it was pretty interesting so i downloaded it to watch it lol.
if u guys wanna dl and watch it here are the links.

[Hua Pi - Painted Skin]

Synopsis: Though the story is based mainly on a supernatural premise, it is more of a love story rather than a ghost/horror film. It is based on Pu Songling's classic novel, Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio. Zhou Xun starrs Xiao Wei, a fox spirit that feasts on human hearts in order to maintain her lovely, youthful appearance. When General Wang Sheng 'rescues' her from a band of bandits and brings her home, trouble brews as the demon falls in love with the general, who is married to Pei Rong.

Another (older) love triangle is present, between the general's brother Pang Yong, the general, and his wife. Pei Rong asks Pang Yong for help as she suspects Xiao Wei for what she really is. Pang Yong is aided by an inexperienced 'demon buster', Xia Bing. Hints of a developing relationship between Xia Bing and Pang Yong are there, although this is never really explored. Another subplot revolves around Xiao Wei's lizard demon ally who has unreciprocated feelings for her and helps her get all the human hearts she needs.

[Download]

Part 1:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VDMVS2CO
Subs:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR0RP7TF

Part 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EF2WO7T7
Subs:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16LCUTBE

Enjoy :p

cecilia

Staff member
i think it's a stupid movie, makes no sense .. or the plot is kindda stupid, if it's not for the cast, i wouldn't watch it :LOL

miss_sherry

sarNie Egg
i just recently finished watching this movie...but in the movie i dont remember hearing them explain that the demon girl was that guys ex lover...confusing...but i loved it tho cus it show how much the main guy loved his wife...

dariey

sarNie Adult
because of this movie i love chenkun & vicki being paired up but in this movie i really think wangsheng didn't deserve peirong.she is too good for him.throughout this movie even the storyline a bit unsatisfying me but i like their edit and cgi here.

among all chenkun and vicki movie i like Mulan better even they didn't end up together.