[Movie] Sanam Teri Kasam

cecilia

Staff member
I watched this movie with no expectation and came out crying like a baby ... The OST was so good! I could careless of what the review says ... this movie to me was so awesome ... it had me crying nonstop. I'm going to have my swollen and double eye lids tomorrow for sure lol Ah! I like the actor who portrayal as INDER .. I'm a fan now <3

Spoiler promo shot lol http://i65.tinypic.com/34dmp86.jpg | http://i66.tinypic.com/2u8xr7n.jpg
Synopsis: (wikipedia)
The film starts off with everybody congratulating the leading lawyer Inder Lal Parihar (Harshvardhan Rane) because he has won an important case. Steering away from everyone, Inder stands in front of a huge tree, which leads the viewers to a series of flashbacks that connects Inder's yesteryears with his today.

Saraswati "Saru" Parthsarthy (Mawra Hocane) is a young and intellectual librarian with healthy principle whose simple appearance keeps away any suitable husband, meanwhile her little sister Kaveri is a beautiful girl who is concerned about her wedding with her fiancéé Sanjay because it can't take place before Saru's, due to their father will. While Kaveri encourages Saru to find a partner, their parents try to find a groom for a combined marriage, in vain.

After another failed date, Saru decides to get a makeover and seeks help from a renowned stylist whose boyfriend is Saru's neighbour Inder, the drunken son of a famous and wealthy lawyer. She goes to Inder and try to have an appointment but the stylist walks in on them speaking and presumes that Inder is cheating on her, promptly retaliates by throwing a glass bottle at Saraswati that strikes Inder instead. Then Saru and Inder passed the night out in order to cure him but the security guard alerts her father accusing them of indecent behavior. The father misunderstands the couple and disowns Saru in anger and declares her dead.

Trailers 1:

Trailer 2:

Fave OST:

Watch it here: http://www.einthusan.com/movies/watch.php?hindimoviesonline=Sanam+Teri+Kasam&lang=hindi&id=2886

Last edited:

cecilia

Staff member
Coming back to spam in here by myself lol

Really like p'ek -- I will be safe in his arm if I'm in n'ek's situation too ... why must tradition be so strict? T______T *smh*

cecilia

Staff member
I didn't realize that I practically posted the whole story in here ... so much for spoiling lol

I went back and edit my post to leave out a lot of stuff about the movie so if no one watch it yet do go and give this a try. I rewatched it today and love it even more -- and notice the small little details between them as well.

This mv was made recently ... so beautiful. I miss this couple!

Sharing some old ones:

Last edited:

mia07

Introvert
I liked the concept but I felt that the ending rushed and was out of the blue so it was kinda sloppy. I did cry my eyes out though. Harsh was eye candy for sure! My favorite scenes were the sister's wedding and his notes to her on every book he borrowed.. I was crying tears of joy cuz it was so sweet! You should listen to the unplugged version by Mohd Irfan if you haven't already - it's so good!

cecilia

Staff member
I liked the concept but I felt that the ending rushed and was out of the blue so it was kinda sloppy. I did cry my eyes out though. Harsh was eye candy for sure! My favorite scenes were the entire part of the opening theme and his notes to her on every book he borrowed.. I was crying tears of joy cuz it was so sweet!
Those are my favorite scenes as well .. including the elevator part lol Who in the world do that in the elevator lol

I didn't like the ending as much because I felt rush but the rest of the script sort of makeup for everything. I also like the ending where he lays underneath the tree .. that was just so beautiful.

Harsh is definitely eye candy for sure ... kind of over all the old Bollywood men who are pretty much the same age as my dad and mom lol So, I look forward to seeing him onscreen often :)

mia07

Introvert
He just needed an excuse to remove his shirt which I have no complaints lol.. He's actually a South actor so have yet to see his films. I think he did a film produced by John Abraham so looking forward to that. I am starting to like him as well and his offscreen personality is just so charming! ❤

cecilia

Staff member
I saw a few of his interviews .. he's such a gentleman to his leading lady.

I have not seen any of his other works but I heard about him being an television actor as well. I'm warming up to him because of this role and that's why I look forward to seeing him take on more project in hope that he make it big in the Bollywood world. I really think it's time to retire some of our best/top Bollywood actor. I want to see more talent and fresh faces onscreen now lol

I haven't seen any of John's production work so let's hope it's a good flick as well. I like John as an actor but his off screen self always give me a bad boy/casanova vibe so I'm just alright with him.

Last edited:

mia07

Introvert
I'm on and off on Bollywood because majority of the filmmakers focus more in making $$ rather than on quality. Those that have talent are usually underrated. There are only a few newer gen stars that I like but some of their recent films aren't that good too though. Sad to say that South films are becoming better than BW which is why I kinda shift there.

After marriage, John seems to be a better person I would say. His film in Welcome Back, there was a kissing scene demanded but he asked to omit it as he now wants to no longer do any onscreen kissing. He has also started doing more solo hero films as well which is kinda good. I believe Shahid is also following the same rule as he too is married.

cecilia

Staff member
That's good to hear .. a man should be loyal to his wife just as she is to him too :)

I agree with your $$ making remarks ... Bollywood lacks a lot of strong script like the olden day. I have not seen so many good movies in the past years ... and if they do come across good ... usually is one/two per year. Sad but I think it has to do with Bollywood's quick and constant release of new work -- I feel some have no thought or effort put in there especially when they only focus on making 'number' songs.

mia07

Introvert
I would say basically anybody could be a star now in BW as long as you got the looks. So much $$ wasted in bad films which makes me wonder if they actually care about that $$. If not, some people could really use it (me for instance lol).

I had STK theme title played for weeks. I wish they used Mohd's version because his voice is just so good! I also like Kheech Meri Photo - it's an addicting song..

Item songs are so overrated! I wish they stop. Before, it was nothing and now it's all glam and unnecessary.

Kelly...OM

sarNie Hatchling
Potentially the best bollywood trailer I've seen in ages lol.....I will prob watch it this wkn or tonight. For me the last wave of good bollywood flicks was 90s- early 2000's after that they got too hollywood and I lost interest.....but this one looks good so I shall see.