[Movie] The Lion King (2019)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
The live action The Lion King set to hit theaters July 19, 2019! It will be directed by John Favreau, the guy who directed the remake of The Jungle Book :thumbup: No trailer as of yet

“Oh, I just can't wait to be king!!!”—Simba :aaaaa:

Last edited:

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Live action??? Lmao! Like someone actually playing a lion aka Simba?? Lol! Omg! Isn’t that corny?!? Hahahhahaha regardless I love Lion King! I love old Disney classics lol :p

Any pictures of the cast? :)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I’m spoiling it for myself!! :celebrate16: Don’t know how accurate this is but I read some details about the 2019 version and here’s an interesting one~~

“Scar's villain song "Be Prepared" is to be left out of the film due to its Nazi themes, as well as likely due to Chiwetel Ejiofor's voice not being fit for singing. This drew a lot of ire from fans.”

Credit IMDb

Wow, I didn’t know abt the Nazi themed part:confused: but I actually enjoyed watching Scar sing this song :crybaby2:

xodxo

I’m spoiling it for myself!! :celebrate16: Don’t know how accurate this is but I read some details about the 2019 version and here’s an interesting one~~

“Scar's villain song "Be Prepared" is to be left out of the film due to its Nazi themes, as well as likely due to Chiwetel Ejiofor's voice not being fit for singing. This drew a lot of ire from fans.”

Credit IMDb

Wow, I didn’t know abt the Nazi themed part:confused: but I actually enjoyed watching Scar sing this song :crybaby2:
I have no idea what you’re talking about here lol

But my favorite characters were Kovu and Kiara lmbo! “Love will find a way” is my favorite song along with “he’s not one of us.”!! Haha I love their innocence and young love! Lol :facepalm::icon12::love:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Disney really needs to stop messing with the songs from the original movies amd also messing with the plots from their original movies too. In the live action mulan coming soon they completely removed Shang from the story and are not including any of the songs. Makes me so mad

xodxo

Disney really needs to stop messing with the songs from the original movies amd also messing with the plots from their original movies too. In the live action mulan coming soon they completely removed Shang from the story and are not including any of the songs. Makes me so mad
For real??! Omg I don’t even think I’m gonna watch it :(

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I don't care about the Be Prepared song with Nazi theme, they could come up with a better song but I do care about Mulan's song concerning with Shang (I Will Make a Man Out of You) & Shang himself...those are important parts of the animated version Mulan. They need to change the live action movie title to something else because it is really misleading.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I love this scene from the 1994 animated film..

Credit tumblr

Can’t wait, 2019!!! Hopefully the live action isn’t a letdown:(:sad6:

Last edited: