[Movie] Thermae Romae

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
In ancient Rome, architect Lucius (Hiroshi Abe) is too rigid in his ways and unable to keep up with the fast changing times. Because of this, Lucius loses his job. A friend then takes Lucius to a bath house to cheer him up. There at the bath house, Lucius slips through a time portal and arrives at a bath house in present day Japan!
credit asianmediawiki

I just got done watching this movie and.. I laughed like crazy.. it's really entertaining.. And uhhh.. Abe Hiroshi is like partially naked all the time in the movie.. J/K J/K LOL.. but yeah.. you'll see his butt cheeks :p  Man, he still looks really good for his age.  But anyways, it's a good movie to watch if you want some laughter..  The cast was good, I've always been a fan of Abe Hiroshi and Aya Ueto, so them two were a plus.

By watching this movie, you'll also learn about some Roman history.. I don't know how factual they can be since.. I don't really know much about the Romans...  And of course, you'll also learn about the different types of baths there are... so that can also be interesting to know..

An important thing to not is that this movie is based off an anime/manga.  And the movie was also really successful in theatres too.

From my perspective, I'll rate it an 8 out of 10.  :)

And oh yes, there's definitely gonna be a part 2 alright.. due to the ending :p .. And I've also read that too.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I just watched the trailer and it looks interesting. I might watch it sometime. This Hiroshi Abe guy looks very familiar, but I can't recall anything... He looks pretty darn good for a guy who's near 50. WOW.