[Movie] Twilight

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
I really felt pain for Jacob. I was amazed at the wonderful job Taylor did in his portrayal of Jacob. I was blown away. I haven't been able to recover. I think once again Robert did amazing as Edward and Kristen really improved in this one. She showed her skills. I can not say enough how in love I am with Chris Weitz directing in this one. Holy cow!!!

Credit to LETTERS TO TWILIGHT

Check this out, I agree with them on the movie. WARNING-SPOILERS:

Letters to Twilight: Expectations Met for New Moon

* Placement of the Bon Iver song: I wasn’t sure where this one would end up. I was hoping for something pretty depressing. But putting it right before Edward leaves? Brilliant. Definitely sticks out in my mind. Bunny & Noreen give this move TWO Thumbs up
* I wanted to feel loss: I wanted to remember what it was like the first time I read that part in New Moon. I wanted to cry. And I did. I felt sad. I felt loss. I felt Edward’s distance. I felt Bella’s pain.
* I want the names of the months: I did. I wanted them so badly, but I was resigned that we were NOT going to get them. Because how can you do that in a movie? But it’s Chris Weitz, my future 2nd husband, and he made it happen. And adding in Lykke Li? OMG. I just fangirled all over again thinking about how awful and brilliant that part was. I hurt. I LITERALLY hurt.
* I didn’t want to miss Rob: And I didn’t (neither did Moon) because this movie was all about the Tay-Tay show.
* I didn’t want the Tay-Tay show to suck: And I was really worried. You can’t put too much faith in a kid who once starred in Shark Boy and spent the rest of his childhood weaning his dad off the “Super Size” at Micky D’s to carry a movie. But he did it. I don’t know how. And we have a long time to explore it, but dannnggg, Taylor
* I wanted Kristen to earn all that acting praise that often surrounds her: And she did. I am definitely on Team Kristen as Bella. She rocked it. And looked gorgeous while rocking it.
* I wanted the chemistry between Jake & Bella to make me consider switching teams: And I did. I’m still considering it. They were adddddorrrrabbbllleee together. MUCH more than just brother & sister. He was so doting. She was so needing of his doting. She led him on. He wanted her bad, and every time they almost kissed I yelled, “DO IT” really loud in my head and whispered it quietly in Moon’s ear while squeezing her hand. That scene in her bedroom when she touches his abs!? AHH- let’s fangirl together in remembrance of that hottness. I wanted him to push her down on top of that purple comforter and say, “Let’s not wait 80 more days until I’m legal. Let’s do this NOW.”
* I wanted to love Robward when he returned: And I did. I feel like I’ve seen the scene where he’s shirtless 1,000 times but RIGHT after she runs into him and they close those big doors behind them, THERE? THAT ROB? OMG. Hottest Rob I’ve seen next to the one I saw in person on Ellen this week. I died on the inside. And then I wanted to offer him a werther’s original when he was back in the forest in his full-on tweed.

You gals, I bawled and bawled. The lines are just classic, I tell you. Makes me ache with tears.
I so agree with everything the author says...

1. Kristin Stewart's performance was par excellence
2. Taylor Lautner's performance made me consider *just for a little bit* switching allegiance
3. However...Robert Pattinson's performance reminded me why I love him soooooooooooooooooo much and I would never never cheat on him...just like what Bella says..."It has always been him"
4. The Volturi looked cool as hell...but too bad they didn't have enough screen time (IMHO) the fight between Felix and Edward was intense
5. The wolf pack and transformation of the wolf was AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...especially when they were running...OME...my heart was thudding and shaking so hard.
6. Victoria (Rachelle Lefevere) was so awesome...too bad they fired her.
7. The extra scenes that were not in the book and the deviations from the book added to the movie majorly...majorly
8. This movie had the right amount of humor...all I can say is Emmet...awwwww
9. The three main actors...especially Kristin made me cry...I felt it all...and I loved the way Chris Weitz showing how the months pass...it was soooooo sad and heartbreaking...and that Lykke Li song is possibly my second favorite...

Overall...New Moon not my favorite book...but my favorite movie...makes me appreciate Jacob much more...but I'm *sighs* sorry Jacob lovers...TEAM EDWARD!!!!

cecilia

Staff member
^it's okay, you can like him in whichever way you want, you can say he's sexy but to me, he's just not sexy -- he body is so not sexy and it's proven by evidence so yup, i'm going to say, no matter what, Edward does not have a sexy figure at all == JACOB IS YUM!

Donna, that's a nice one -- i'll leave my window open in the summer but not this winter lOl

nina07

sarNie Adult
I'm going to watch it this Monday with my best friend. She's already seen it. LOL. I've heard though that this one blows Twilight out of the water. It's like a piece of poop compared to New Moon. XD My friend actually told me that when Taylor's shirtless scene came up -- everyone screamed. Edward's scene-- NONE. LOL. I can't wait to see it! I'm definitely Team Jacob. :wub:

cecilia

Staff member
^i couldn't agree more .. even the two elder women behind me scream and waiting for his scene too ..
and then when his shirtless scene came on, i could hear them saying ''hot bod'' and then when edward sick flat hairy chest with weird nipples came on -- no sound arouse from the crowd Lol .. and yup, i went to the midnight show and that's what i got -- lots of signature in team jacob too .. and after this, i'm totally team jacob even though Bella and Edward story is good -- jacob deserve Bella as well with all those leading emtoions from Bella. .. oh yeah, i wouldn't mind kissing them sexy jacob's lip too .. and run my hands through this hot built body of his -- so tone and so sexy, it's no wonder Bella wants to give in at time LOl

Saifah

bite me x___
i SAW MOST OF THE CLiPS ONLiNE LOL AND THE BREAK UP SCENE. SORRY, iT WAS PAiNFUL FOR BELLA AND SHE DiD A VERY GOOD JOB. BUT i WAS LAUGHiNG. DONT ASK WHY. LOL.

AS FOR JACOB, i FELT REALLY BAD FOR HiM. HE KNOWS THAT SHE LOVES EDWARD BUT HE'S STiLL THERE FOR HER WHERE EDWARD JUST LEFT HER. BUT THAN AGAiN, WHEN HE FOUND OUT 'SHE DiED' HE WANTED TO DiE TO. iF i WAS BELLA, i WOULDNT KNOW WHO TO CHOSE TOO. THEY BOTH LOVE HER.AND THEY BOTH WOULD DO EVERYTHinG FOR HER.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
my sister and I were screaming as well when I saw Jacob shirtless... and also a couple of little girls (ages 5-10) and I think their mommies were screaming too hahahaha

I was on Team Jacob ever since. I suddenly fell in love with him while reading the books :) I do like Edward too but I'm more on Team Jake lol

Saifah

bite me x___
LOL i GOT ANNOYED BY PEOPLE SCREAMiNG WHEN JACOB TOOK OFF HiS SHiRT.

iM A TEAM EDWARD. BOOO JACOB LOL

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
^
LOL you're really on Team Edward then :)

I want to watch NW again... *sigh* excited for Eclipse as well!

I was just wondering, what if Jacob had imprinted on Alice? lol I know it sounds weird, but I find the 2 of them cute lol a vamp and a werewolf... that would be hot lol reminds me of sarn's fanfic! hahahaha

fun

Expired Sarnie
^it's okay, you can like him in whichever way you want, you can say he's sexy but to me, he's just not sexy -- he body is so not sexy and it's proven by evidence so yup, i'm going to say, no matter what, Edward does not have a sexy figure at all == JACOB IS YUM!

Donna, that's a nice one -- i'll leave my window open in the summer but not this winter lOl
Ever since Twilight (the movie) I lost interest (not the saga but the movie saga lol) Ceci, the more I see Robert, the more unattractive he gets. When I first spotted him in Harry Potter I was goo goo ga ga all over him and I thought he was hot in Twilight but now he's just very bland looking to me.

I don't think I will go watch New Moon in theater, I will just wait until... I know quite a few people that are obsessed with umm how should I put it... I would categorize them as "the people who saw the movie Twilight first then went crazy to actually buy the book series" to buy the DVD when it gets released it will be a plus too since I know them too well, they will get the blue ray version hahahaha. Anyways my younger sister and her boyfriend went to see the movie today and she said it sucked. I don't believe her 100% but most likely I will not like it since I was so against Kristen as Bella in Twilight.

Anyways I am still a very big fan of the book series not so much the movies. I am still Team Edward but when it comes to the movie I am Team Jacob lmao

Toon

To me the more I see Robert the more in love I am with his acting...his charisma...his talent...his good looks. People don't try to aggravate my feelings by hating on Robert. At least I give compliments to Jacob where it is due...even though I find the character annoying as hell and the actor is just too young for me to go gaga over.

cecilia

Staff member
^oh yeah, i compliment that Robert is a good actor but i'm just saying that the ROLE/CHARACTER of EDWARD's body is so a TURN OFF -- i'm not saying that he's a bad actor or anything, i'm pretty much, criticizing his body with Jacob ..

anyway, my littler read all the books first before twilight came out and so when twilight came out, she was excited and when i surprised her with the ticket to new moon, she's super excited as well. But the things is that she complained so much on TWILIGHT movie but none at all in NEW MOON so yup, i guess, she's my judge b/c she read the book and the movie then she does her comparison .. for me, i pick which one is better and that is NEW MOON b/c JACOB IS AN EXCEPTIONAL -- i know he's a bit young for me but boy, i give credit when it's due too .. brilliant acting with brilliant looks.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I took my daughter to see planet 51, the same night New Moon premiered. Holy shit, the theater was PACKED. It was hard to get through the crowd. Like literally hundreds and hundred of teenage girls waiting in line to get in the theater. I'm going to wait until the crowd die down a bit before taking my niece to see New Moon.

Saifah

bite me x___
iM SEEiNG iT AGAiN ON TUESDAY WiTH THE GiRLS AND AGAiN ON THURSDAY WiTH MY BF AND THEN MAYBE AGAiN WiTH MY BESTiE. LOL.

i AM A TEAM EDWARD bUT i HAVE TO ADMiT, ROBERT'S BODY WAS SOMETHiNG YOU SHOULDNT DROOL OVER. ESPECiALLY THE SCENE WHEN HE TOOK OF HiS SHiRT. iT WAS A TURN OFF TO ME. i LiKE iN TWiLiGHT AND THiS ONE, HE LOOKS LiKE HE LET HiMSELF GO. PARTYiNG TOO MUCH? iDK, HE iSNT THAT ATTRACTiVE LiKE WHEN HE WAS iN TWiLiGHT.

AND TRUE, JACOB/TAYLOR iS TOO YOUNG FOR ME TO DROOL OVER HAHA

nina07

sarNie Adult
I feel so bad for Jacob though because he knows how much Bella loves Edward and to know the fact that it's not him KILLS Jacob. He really really really loves Bella.

Toon

I'm going to go see it Monday again...by myself if I have to. The movie made 258 million over the weekend. Woot Woot!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
To me the more I see Robert the more in love I am with his acting...his charisma...his talent...his good looks. People don't try to aggravate my feelings by hating on Robert. At least I give compliments to Jacob where it is due...even though I find the character annoying as hell and the actor is just too young for me to go gaga over.
I didn't say he was a bad actor and I didn't say he was ugly either. I know that people adore Robert, I too do adore him but that was ages ago. I respect that you love Robert but my feelings still remain the same :)

cecilia

Staff member
^fun, i was thinking of the same thing too that's why i have to defend my previous comment, i don't' recall saying that Robert's a bad actor, i only said that he have such a turnoff body figure in compare to JACOB .. that's why i adore JACOB more .. would you rather sleep next to a nice hot bod or a weird hairy chest man like Edward if you have a choice to pick between him and Jacob lOl -- in this case, i'll pick JACOB b/c i like him with BELLA MORE, however, i despite BELLA as well with her inconsistency !!!

cecilia

Staff member
^hm, i have not read the book so i have no clue what will happen, however, i heard from my sister that they'll get marry and have a daughter -- the daughter will become Jacob's soul mate --

after NEW MOON, it kindda tempt me to want to start on the series but we'll see how far this temptation goes -- if not, i'll wait for the movie Lol