My Heart's For Sale :: Rome/Rita

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
that was sad.. for a minute there i thought they were both going down the cliff. :(

good thing Donna came in time, but they fainted.. (hoping they aren't dead!)

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 20 - Part A ]

The torture that she went through happened so slow. All the sufferings, she could feel the pain travelling through every vein in her body. The blood in the veins, cries for freedom. Happiness, by far -- is the least thing she expected in life. All those 20 years she spend in her life meant nothing to her till she met Rome; a man who was said to have bought her heart. Ironic as it may be .. she enjoyed those few "torturing" days she had with him. Somehow, she felt that he was really sincere in helping her. It showed her that not every human in this world was born to be selfish and cruel. Though, she really can't blame herself for having that kind of a perception. She went through an experience which no girl should have experienced. It was unfortunate that she was born to a devil-ish family.

As time passes by, the clock was left ticking on its own. The two satanic human were shot to death. Bloods could be seen flowing through their chest and dripping onto the dirty ground. All heaven would rejoice, as two despicable men were left to burn in hell. Donna, was quietly witnessing the exchange in gunshots between the police officer. Though looking calm, she was worried sick. She would never forgive herself if anything happen to both Rome and Rita. Just before she was able to feel happy about the matter, suddenly both of them fainted and hit the ground hard.

"Rome!! Rita!!"

What really happened? Puzzling and worrying, she was predicting the worse which might had happened. Maybe, during the exchange in gunshots, both of them were shot too! Yes, that may be the only explanation to the reason on why they fell. If that really happened, there was no one to blame but herself. She was the only who called the police and she's now the cause on why both Rome and Rita died. Just the thought of that gave her goosebumps, her heart started beating so fast .. she was going to cry.

She couldn't hold back anymore. She must go and check on them! See if anything is wrong with them. But, just as she wanted to run towards the fainted couple .. she was being stopped by a policeman.

"Let me go!"

"No, doctor .. I can't--"

"I said .. LET ME GO!"

"The cliff is a very dangerous place to be at .."

"Who freaking care about that?!? I just want to--"

"Let the other polices check the area and then we'll take both of them to the hospital."

"I'm a doctor! I can attend to them if they are injured so just LET ME GO!"

"But doc--"

What a waste of time she thought to herself. With a single force, she break through the policeman and ran towards both Rome and Rita. There was a huge commotion at the back. News leak fast, of course the place would be crowded with reporters and cameraman. Endless flashes was making it hard for the polices to control the situation but that didn't defer Donna's attention. She immediately started examining Rome first.

"Rome! Rome .. can you hear me?"

No reply, he was still unconscious. She checked for some impulse, yes .. he's still alive. Was the faint due to some external bleeding? She started a thorough check all over Rome's body to find no injuries except for his head. He must have gotten that hit even before he was taken to the cliff. Donna let go a sigh of relief, it was not due to a gunshot afterall. Maybe just a side effect after being hit with a strong force on the head. She then shifted her attention to the other half. Same as before, she repeated the same procedure to find that she was still breathing. Only one difference ..

Rita was shot.

There was a panic on her face. Donna didn't notice the bleeding at first as the bleeding came from the back of Rita's body. The earth was now overflowing with her blood. Something must be done fast or she would die -- soon.

"Someone is shot! Get me an ambulance .. the paramedics! Fast!!!"

The chaotic atmosphere was getting more worse as Rita was just confirmed being shot. Within minutes, the ambulance arrived and both of them were brought to the hospital. Whether or not the bullet hit any internal organ, that is to be known after a major operation.

Hours passed quickly when our mind is occupied with stuff. Rome who was being attended by doctor, got his head treated and bandaged. The love of his life on the other hand was still in the operation room. Donna was waiting patiently outside, hoping that the red light would turn green soon. So that she could know the outcome of the operation. She hope her prayers would be answered by God, yes .. she don't want Rita to die. She kept on waiting and that was when the red light suddenly transformed to its green cousin.

That was when a man in his blue uniform came out of the panelled door.

"Doctor .. err .. how is the patient??"

"Erm .. you are?"

"Donna .. Dr. Donna."

"Are you in any way related to the patient?"

"No .. but I'm her friend though."

"Don't she have any other relatives??"

"Not that I know of doctor .."

"Erm .. I see .."

"So, how is she?"

"Well .. she's .. erm .."

"I'm prepared for the worse doc."

"Uhm .. well .. she's a fighter, that's for sure. She's safe for now but I can't lie and say that she's fine. She's in a very critical condition at the moment .. it's a 50-50 risk."

".."

"But, I must say .. it's a miracle. The bullet which went through her chest .. didnt hit any vital organs plus, it was a few centimetres from her heart .."

"T-Thank god .. maybe doc .. she is the MIRACLE."

metiwan

sarNie Hatchling
u r realli cruel to stop the story like tht bt i will bw waitin for the partB... hope u update soon...

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
sorry for the need to make it into parts lol .. cos im really busy this semester plus, im taking a bus this morning .. so i tried updating yesterday nite n just couldnt stand how sleepy i was

transcend89

sarNie Adult
fantastic update my heart was racing...oh one more part left only the sweet scenes are going to be so short love this story ch3 should make this into a lakorn...i swear some of these fanfics would make lakorns so much greater

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
why??? how could you make rita been shot? she's pity enough... sob.. sob...

hope she'll wake up soon so that she can have a happy life with rome...

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 20 - end ]

It was uncertain .. whether Donna should feel relief with what she heard. Well, it is for certain that her brother-in-law is still alive but, what about her newly found friend? Even an expert in the field stated that it's a 50-50 risk, what is there to add? So many questions were harassing her little brain. It was almost impossible for her to not get a migraine. Though, being the stubborn her .. she still insisted in accompanying Rita in the ward. That however couldn't materialize as she was advised by the doctor not to. Her headache was getting worse .. not wanting to faint and cause a commotion, she left the emergency ward. After walking aimlessly at the hospital's corridor, she finally stopped and entered a room.

It was all dark.

Nothing could be seen ..

Or heard.

The light from the moon barely lit the room.

"Hey .. Rome .. you here?"

".."

"Rome???"

".. .. .. tsk tsk .. .."

"Hey .. you're here afterall .. why didn't you turn on the light?"

Donna walked towards the wall and switched on one of the light. That was when she saw Rome, lying down .. sobbing, no different than a little boy.

"God .. are .. you crying, Rome?"

"..N-No.."

"Are you hurt or what?!?"

".."

"I'm going to call the doctor .. wait--"

"NO! I'm fine!"

"Then .. why are you crying--"

"It's all my fault right .. my fault right?!"

"Eh? Fault?? What fault?!? Are you okay .. seriously, you're acting weird."

"Stop denying it Don! I saw it happening right in front of my eyes!!"

"Happen? What really happened??"

"I-I .. s-saw .."

"Saw what??"

"R-Rita .. s-she got s-shot .. right???"

"Now .. calm down first .."

"Stop denying it! I failed .. I'm a failure .. everyone that I love just end up being dead!"

"Shh .. listen to me .. listen .."

".."

"I know its been a hard time for you Rome .. whatever you've gone through, trust me .. no human should have experienced all of that. I understand why you're panic .. worried .. you finally found someone you love and that person is -- Rita."

"And .. I killed her .."

"Rome! I'm not finished yet .. listen. Rita is not dead .."

"..what..she's not??"

"Yeah .. she's not dead. The doctors managed to save her .."

"How is she?? Where is she??"

"One of the surgeon said that, luckily .. the bullet didn't hit any of her vital organs .. it was a few centimetres away from her heart .."

"T-That's just .. great. I-I haven't lose her yet .. I-I .."

"But .. Rome."

"Huh?"

"Well .. he also added that .. well, her .. erm .. condition is 50-50 .."

"Which means?"

"If she don't get it through by tonight .. well, be prepared .. please?"

" .. no .. no .. no .. she's a strong girl .. she will live on .. she WILL!"

".. Rome .."

"Where is she?"

"Erm .. she's now at the ICU .."

"Okay .. again .. thanks Don."

"Don't mention it .."

Despite his injured self, Rome could care less. All he could think of now was to meet Rita. Still sitting on a wheelchair .. he used all the power that he still had left to push. Pushing .. pushing .. and kept on pushing those shiny metallic wheels. Finally, there .. majestically standing in front of him, was the ICU ward. His heart kept on pounding hard .. he pushed himself further to the glass window. There, he saw his 'heart' lying on the bed .. motionless. Where did all of his male ego went to? The tears just came out rushing like the Nevada falls. He knew he was still weak but he really couldn't be bothered anymore. Again, forcing himself to do stuff against his body's will .. he tried standing up.

1 .. 2 .. 3 .. UP!

The wheelchair fell to the side of the corridor. Leaving Rome standing against the glass panel looking into the ICU ward.

Rita .. can you listen to me?

I-It's me Rome .. please toughen up your spirit tonight .. you have to go through tonight .. you must!

I-I know I'm being selfish here .. but .. I don't want to lose you ..

Who am I to order you to do stuff right? I kidnapped you .. tortured you .. kicked you .. and the worse thing is ..

I ..

.. fell in love .. with you, Rita.

It's true that their sufferings was Mr. Fate's plan all along. Or maybe, it was Mr. Destiny's test to see whether true love do exist in the world? Every creatures, regardless whether they are breathing or not .. was witnessing the event. Angels cried over their misery .. finally, it's time for this two sad human to bring back happiness into their life. No one was born to suffer .. no one was born to live with sufferings .. everyone got the right to breathe and sleep with happiness. Heaven find it hard to accept someone who's not even achieve all of the above yet.

With that, a miracle happened.

Rita suddenly moved one of her fingers. It was quick and sudden but Rome saw it. He was shocked. Was it all an illusion? He was so happy that it's impossible to be described in words.

"DOCTOR!! The patient is awake!! DOCTOR!!! NURSE!!"

"SOMEONE! The patient is awake .. RITA IS AWAKE!!"

--

A year passed just like that. The incident which happened that night in the hospital was still fresh in everyone's mind, especially Rome. He couldn't believe he really did that -- he shouted on top of his lungs. Alarming everyone that Rita is finally awake. Looking back, it was really hilarious. He must really looked like a jerk rather than a educated doctor. Whatever it is, he's glad everything happened that way. Although it may seem embarassing to some .. but if that incident didn't happen -- he wouldn't be at the beach now. Enjoying his honeymoon with his newly-wed wife, Rita.

"Hey! Are you trying to be romantic all of a sudden??"

"Hahaha .. why?"

"Well .. this is so unlike you Rome. Beach .. sunset .. ok .. are you sure you're my husband?"

"Erm .. you mean your husband who's scary .. and tried kidnapping you before?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well, nope .. I don't think I'm him .. well, since I'm such a caring guy .. not to mention good looking too!"

"Uwekkk .. eww .. i can't believe u said that!"

"Well, you know it's the TRUTH! Hahaha .."

"Whatever. What are you doing anyway?"

"Well .. I'm drawing a circle on the sand .."

"Ok .. why are you doing that??"

"I'm going to put your name in that circle .."

"Errr .. and why is my name going to be in that circle??"

"Hehehe."

"Don't 'hehe' me .. usually in TV .. the hero would draw a HEART in the sand .. not a CIRCLE like you .. how un-romantic!"

"Well .. we are not in the TV at the moment plus, I'm no hero in any lakorn too hahaha .."

"Why did I marry you again?"

"Cos--"

"Please, don't answer .."

"Ok .. ok .. well, the reason why I drew a circle .. erm .. cos I feel that if you love someone .. you should put their name in a circle, not a heart .. because heart can be broken .. but circles go on forever."

".. aww ..now I know why I married you .. you sweet-talker!"

"Hahaha .. why thank you milady .."

"Hey Rome .."

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking .. when we get a child later .. I want to name her, Anna."

"..Thanks."

"I know how much you missed your daughter .. you're a good dad .."

"Yeah, love her too much to describe! Hey .. but what if the baby turns out to be a boy?"

"Who said we are getting a baby boy first?"

"Well, you can't stop nature from doing their work you know .."

Under the golden yellow-ish sunset, both of them went into the sea .. dived deeper into the water .. and they started making love.

fun

Expired Sarnie
sniff sniff sniff...

:D Happy Ending!!!

transcend89

sarNie Adult
making love under the sea lol i think you could've made their moments a little longer (i just want more :)) thanks for the final update and a great sobbing heartfelt story

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a great ending :wub: i loved the ending. thank you An <3
Rome and Rita had a happy ending :D

btw what ever happened to Rita's mother and Donna in the end?