Mystery Shopper Scam

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Just recently I received this in my p.o. box. It's a new type of scam from Canada. Beware and Be Careful. Tell all your relatives, friends, co-workers, etc.

I attached a pictures on what the letter and the FAKE cashier check look like.

kouvang

sarNie Egg
I received one of this too. I ripped and threw it away. I do not know if it was for real or a scam and I was tempted to try to cash it but than I thought that this is too good to be true. Somehow, seeing you posted here that it was just a scam make my mind more clear because I want a second opinion. Thanks for the warning, I will watch out and tell people I know about this.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I received one of this too. I ripped and threw it away. I do not know if it was for real or a scam and I was tempted to try to cash it but than I thought that this is too good to be true. Somehow, seeing you posted here that it was just a scam make my mind more clear because I want a second opinion. Thanks for the warning, I will watch out and tell people I know about this.
If you look at the check, you will see some fraud in it. Also, the envelope itself came from Canada when inside ... it say ... Team National LTD, base in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Good scam tho. The $1,500 check is tempted B) B)

noungning

Heartless
this is how this scam works:

1) u deposit check into ur account
2) because most banks clear checks deposited within 1 day, u will have the check amount in ur account the next day
3) u take the money out
4) u wire them via western union to the "account manager"
5) ur bank discovers the check is fraud
6) they will take your money out of your bank
7) u will lose your own money
8) the "account manager" gets your money and u are left brokeass

be very aware! scam mails are hitting postals and its much harder to ignore if sometimes it involves such a big check.

arceeD

sarNie Egg
I have not received such email and would be extremely suspicious right away unless I had prior knowledge and good reason to receive such an email.Initially, one would need to have had some prior contact via phone call or letter or other form of initial communication with the company concerned. mystery shopper scams

fanny

sarNie Adult
Omg!!! I just received a check amount $2000. My sister was like u should cash it out. I said no way I knew its a scam. First of all, I did some kind of survey from Kohls and within a week I received the check. How scary!

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Wow. My dad received that check too. But he knew from the moment he saw it that it was a scam so he just ripped it apart and threw it away. Thank you for informing.