Need help with Thai language

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Sorta. I need some book recommendations. I bought Easy Thai like someone here recommended to learn to read Thai, now I need a workbook or a reading book that has English translation to practice my reading.

I tried taking a Thai Language test earlier this month and came short from passing in the reading area. It was mostly because I was spending too much time reading each passage and had to rush through or guess through the remainder of the test. I need to get my reading up to speed with my English or at least close. If I keep reading like a kindergartner it'll take me ages to get through five paragraphs.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Thanks Lome!
Yeah, I've been kinda preoccupied with personal issues.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know of a free blog site that I can use to make money off of do you?

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Thanks Lome!
Yeah, I've been kinda preoccupied with personal issues.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know of a free blog site that I can use to make money off of do you?
well, for awhile, I was doing those surveys for money, but it wasn't worth it, cause before you could even take the darn survey, they ask you a bunch of questions, and if you don't qualify for that particuliar survey then, you just wasted 20 minutes answering questions for nothing. They even have sites where you could click ads and get money, but that isn't even worth it too, cause imagine clocking 1 ad for 1 cent. lol... as for blog sites... hmm, I signed up for one thinking that I would be blogging and automatically get paid for it, but it doesn't really work that way. I think it's where if you're a good blogger, advertisers would choose you to blog about their products. I googled blogging for money and it came up with some sites that does it.

http://www.payingpost.com/ <- I think this was the one I tried, I'm not too sure though.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I think something else that helped me learn how to read Thai is listening to Thai music while reading the lyrics.

Just curious what's your background? Are you taking it for school? Etc....

Learning how to read and write Thai is tricky because they have rules where it's literally " You need to spell it this way because that's how it's spelled." :mellow: As you probably already know a lot of the letters have the same sound, but certain letters apply to certain words, it was pretty annoying.

I had to take Thai for language in college and I breezed, I mean breezed, through the class and tests. But then again I cheated, I'm Lao and I had to go to Sunday Lao school for 3 years or so, similar language and writing and I know Thai because I grew up watching lakorns since I was like 5. So picking up Thai wasn't too hard for me, it was more of learning twice as many letters and to not get them confused with Lao ones. I'm not the greatest at writing it per that "rule" i mentioned but reading's good and I think it's because of the whole reading the lyrics to get to know how the words are spelled and what not.

But good luck with that!
Thanks.
Yeah, I'm Laotian too and I'm already fluent in Thai. It was just a matter of learning how to read it. Since they don't offer Thai language courses at my school I had to learn to read it myself.
I'm trying to test out of my foreign language so I signed up for a Thai language exam. It's all multiple question, no writing, so spelling isn't an issue. I did worry about spelling at first but when I found out it was all multiple choice it didn't matter.