Need help

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Could someone tell me what I can and can't bring with me on my carry-on bag? Please, what are the do's and don't to put in your luggage to Cambodia? Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated. ;)

XCappy

Mr. Char
I think the rule is the same for any destination :

"Anything" but knife, scissors, nails cutter, weapon and so on. (Concerning the nails cutter, I let it into the luggage).

The minimum (Carry-on bag or not + some advices when you'll be in the country) :

Papers (ID Card, passport) : Keep it anywhere, anytime.
Cash : Just keep enough to buy your needs. Leave the remain into a secure box in the hotel.
Food and drinks : They can also bring you food and drinks if you ask them.
Gifts for the family : Things are safer when they are closed to you. (Well, if it is clothes, leave it into the luggage, but if it's perfume or wine bottles...)
Books, magazines : Things that can keep your mind busy during the flight.

Don't worry too much about Cambodia, I was there in Summer 2006 : No problem.

I believe you can go to the flight air plane company what so ever it call website.
I think they will give you the lists of want not to bring and want you can bring in your carry on bag. :/
Not much help here. >.<"

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Here you go. This should have everything you need. If you're not sure about anything I would call the airlines and check.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

If you have any liquids/gels make sure you put them in a clear ziploc bag. Depending on airport, they might have the bags sitting at the security checkpt. for you to use. At the O'Hare airport they didn't but DFW provides them. They're really strict about this too. I had lip gloss/chapstick in my purse and they made me throw it out. If you're not sure about anything put it in your checked baggage.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Don't take drugs over there..

I know you know not to do that.. but honestly if you get caught.. Your life is pretty much over.. so don't do it!!!

noungning

Heartless
i think u mean carry on as in the liquid stuff right? well jeanie provided a link but recently.. i think it's still the 3 1 1 rule here's a link http://www.tsa.gov/311/

3 ounce liquids or gel i.e. gels, lotions, toothpaste
1 quart small zipper bag [like a sandwich size]
1 zipper bag per traveller

when i traveled to and from thailand... i found the best thing to do is put even your lipgloss in the bag because u can get it thrown out if it's not in the bag because it's considered a soluable liquid substance. DO NOT bring big size lotions, creams, deorderant, gels, hairspray can, and u get my drift? if you think u need to bring shampoo, soap, toothpaste, get the trial size from walmart or something for $1 each, that's what i did for toothpaste and stuff because when i stopped over at Japan, i felt i needed to refreshen up by showering but, brushing just my teeth for that time was also ok. i believe that once you're in the airport having lay overs and stuff, u can buy food or beverage and will be able to bring it on the flights with u. i was able to do this and i flew american airlines.

as in for what to carry your passport and stuff. after only 2 trips, first one was messy i didn't know where things were and stuff because i had a big bag and just stuffed everything in there. 2nd trip... i made sure i had my passport and boarding pass in an easy accessible area, like a small purse with a slot right up front, so i don't go insane looking for these 2 things over and over again.

and yes i'm one of those people who did bring soap from here to use in thailand haha... i don't like their soap so i brought 2 bottles of my dove body wash to thailand. and some hair leave in conditioner. hmm i don't remember what else, but on my first trip i also brought mouth rinse, shampoo, conditioner hahaha but i found dove's shampoo in thailand was better so i didn't bring those on the 2nd trip lol

any more questions just ask haha

dfemc

sarNie Adult
NO FIREARMS! hahaha...alrite, sorry for being unhelpful :D, what's ur airline? check out their home page and if ur a super super freak like someone i know, u'd go to the airport a night before and talk it up with those ppl on all the luggage regulations and what not, especially when airline policies are changing by the minute. but to be on the safe side, any liquids and sharp objects (ie. nail clippers, pocket knife) should be put in your CHECK-IN LUGGAGE. as for liquid items that u need, put it in a small teensy travel size container and have them in ZIPLOC bags.

so key thing, BRING LOOOOOOTS of ziploc bags with u, (sandwich bag size), just in case u have other items that you overlooked. good luck and bien viaje

none3

sarNie Hatchling
thank you all very much!!!! i am leaving Monday night to Cambodia and am looking forward to this trip. As for the zip lock bags, I will bring a lot of those with me.....thank you all for the advice, it is very much appreciated. :D