Need inspiration

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
I am currently trying to pursue my modeling career [car model.] So far, people are being supportive about it. Then I hear from other people that they're thinking the opposite. For an example, my cousin kept saying I'll make it and that they're happy for me. Then his sister told me that he said that she'll be a better model & that I was too fat and ugly to be a model. People don't get it that I am not in the model industry for competition. It's mostly my family members that are putting me down. They say that I am too fat or I am not pretty enough. I know that modeling isn't something I would do for the rest of my life because eventually I will get old & wrinkly. I try so hard to lose weight. I weigh 109 lbs, standing at 5'2. Last year I was 115-20, around that but I lost weight for modeling. I finally made it. I thought people would be happy for me, but it seems like they're not. I tried talking to them that this is what I like doing. There is no nude in my photos. I don't care if I don't get a lot of fans or don't have a lot of people coming to my booth to take pictures, I will not do any topless or nude [for now.] I know I am not the thinnest or prettiest girl out there, but I love modeling. I love traveling to other places & meeting new people. I was at HIN [hot import nights] & I really enjoyed the experience. I met Paula DeAnda and other celebrities, I even went to Chinatown in Chicago and saw the ghettos of Indiana. The people that I count on most are saying that I don't qualify to be a model or they would compare me to other models. It really hurts me. Just then, I thought about giving up my dream. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm trying so hard to keep the wanting of my dream alive. I don't want to give it up after trying so hard. But, no matter how hard I try...I never satisfy anyone. Even though people say I'm not fat or I'm pretty, the negatives have a bigger impact. I start to notice more when they point out the negatives so it's like...okay? What do I do? If anyone can give me some inspiration or advice, please please let me know! Thanks!

Btw, my myspace is www.myspace.com/ambraya if anyone wants to add me & be my buddy =]

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Yo, I say go for it. Do what you want to do. It's cliche, but it really doesn't matter what others think. Eventually you're living your own life. And if this makes you happy, then more power to ya.

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
okies i checked out ur page and i added u...ehehe
i think u are very pretty... u have a beautiful beautiful smile. i dont noe very much about the modeling business or watever but i think that u fit as a model..and i dont notice ur "thickness".. u look very good...umm yea u shouldnt worry about how it seems like everyone is against you rite now especially the ones u love...maybe they are just worried about you and theyre probably insecure about ur modeling future so they are saying all that so that if u dont make it one day they'll be able to say "i told you so"..i think that every upcoming rising star has to go through all the negative first..the first stages are the hardest but you can do it! living is like driving a car..u get to choose how to steer the wheel and when to make turns and when to park lol...yea ur in control of you life there will always be traffic lights or pedestrians that delays ur trip...but then they finally cross the street or turn green..ehehe...and there's always bikers riding alongside of u the whole way...okies so cheer up...u are beautiful...good luck...

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Soupsana a.k.a. Ambraya

HERE's my two cents if you want it. You ask... I provide.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations on pursuing a career you enjoy. In terms of judgements and harsh critism... I could offer some brute honest negativity, but that's not what you want. I'm sure you'll get more than a handful from the consumers of the field.

In honesty, if you made it through and are able to get funded for your presence, continue on and enjoy yourself. There will always be people uglier and cuter than you. But the comments can be hurtful... I know... my friends dish them out all the time.

In terms of advice... I think you have to be aware of yourself. You have to learn how to absorb both compliments and critism.

As for dishing out negative comments. You are entering a field that is superficial. You are judged on your curves and everything around ya. While a normal girl might not be commented for small breasts, a model will be expected to have certain attributes. Some people will say they are too small or too big or just right. As a model, you will have to learn to accept and handle it. Those that care are the ones that will hurt you the most because they are trying to be honest. Look at what their point is and see if you understand where they are coming from.

"OH MY GAWD YOUR NOSE IS HUGE" normally, who focuses on that, but in modeling, watch out! :^P

If you understand and don't mind continue on. If you want their support acknoweldge their comments and tell them you appreciate it.

For example... "Ambraya... you are a midget... you stand at only 5'2"... models are usually 5'6" and up, please give it up and focus on school."

You should acknowlege them and continue on... tell them what you need. "Mom, that was very hurtful, but I understand and agree. I am shorter than most models, but you know what I like what I'm doing and I can't do anything about that unless I go in for surgery to increase the femur length or get growth hormone injections which is not what or where I am right now. I just want to have fun and I am getting offers to fly here and there and would appreciate your support even if I'm not the tallest or prettiest. When people start seeing things in your eyes, I will stop, but since I am still getting offers, please give me confidence and support."

As for how to avoid harsh critism... QUIT. Otherwise, learn to have thicker skin without becoming a real biaatch.

That in its own will be a hard thing to master... but best of luck. In terms of enjoying yourself and losing money trying to pursue it. Well... if that's the issue, you will have to learn to make money on the side to support your ventures to various import shows. Otherwise, make a deal with your support network that if you don't make any income that progresses in offers in 3 months, 6 months, and at 12 months. You will quit. I would imagine that is the issue right?

Otherwise... marry a sugar daddy and not have to worry about finances. :^P

Best of luck x a million!

sarN

sarNie Granny
dang girl ! u look hotter den me !!! Shoot im not even around 100-110lbs LOL>>>

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah idk if I have to go thru all the criticism & crap like that, I don't want to deal with it. I'd rather have a normal life. Modeling isn't everything anyways. I'm the kind of person who is super sensitive & I don't want people to look at me differently when I model.

minankumo

sarNie Adult
its up to u what u want to do. its not them its all about u. i will support u all the way. :D

tell me more about how u loose the weight. I want to loose weight too.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks everyone for the advice. I was just in that stage where I was breaking down & everything. Now, does anyone know how to delete this thread? Just readin back and everything, I was really stupid. Thanks!