New Hmong singer: Lao Moua

The most atractive singer?

• No, he's not cute

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, he's cute, maybe he'll become Hmong's 1st "Film"

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dunno, need more pictures and evidence of his "bad dancing" in order to decide.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

neena

sarNie Adult
Okay, so yesteraday my mom and my aunt went to the flea market here in St. Paul to pick a karaoke video of this new Hmong singer named Lao Moua from one of our relatives. When I first looked at the cover I was like...hmm...not bad looking. Except that hairdo needs to go. Then my mom put it on once we got home. I watched the first two songs and couldn't help but laugh. He was dancing...don't think he was good at it...he was HORRIBLE! I've been dancing since 10th grade until now (grad 05') and watching him dance was just not a good experience. It made me really really want to punch him and the unexperienced dance instructor! I swear, he was trying to be kinda like Film? He even kinda got the hair.

His voice is average but some of the songs he sang were only cover songs. He sung a song from the Indian film Lakshya with Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta called Agar Main Kahoon. He also sung a Jay Chou song from his 4th Album Ye Hui Mei called East Wind Breaks.

If you heard of him what do you think? Do you think he's cute?
Pictures from the cover of the Karaoke DVD. I scanned them.

kry*star

sarNie Adult
LolZ! omg! are you serious??? i'm curious to see then. i think he looks good on the first picture and i so see that he's trying to copy film or somebody! hehehe... but won't say much until i actually see his mv...

leek18

sarNie Adult
:loool: damn he looks funny in those pictures. well he kinda like touger moua well maybe he was touger moua brother and the production was also touger sponsor too. hey, who is all those girls in his music video and also isn't he from thailand or laos

neena

sarNie Adult
leek18 said:
:loool: damn he looks funny in those pictures. well he kinda like touger moua well maybe he was touger moua brother and the production was also touger sponsor too. hey, who is all those girls in his music video and also isn't he from thailand or laos
[post="127158"][/post]​
He's from Thailand. I guess Jay Chou and Film is his inspiration. Jay Chou and Film are pretty big in Thailand. I want to tell him seriously, DON"T DANCE!! If he was on that one American show: So you think you can dance, the judges will faint with frustration.

anjos

welll..... for me he's not that cute..... he's ok...... I guess..... but for sure he need to loose the hair......

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
well he sing very good too....I only have 1 song of his sound great...

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
that dude's my cousin....he's 6teen and live in wisconsin....i hate that fact the it's his first album and he sung p'sek and p'bird songs ONLEE....for once try to bee original....

neena

sarNie Adult
sunny_gyrl said:
that dude's my cousin....he's 6teen and live in wisconsin....i hate that fact the it's his first album and he sung p'sek and p'bird songs ONLEE....for once try to bee original....
[post="128987"][/post]​
did he just move to wisconsin or something? his mvs don't look like it was filmed here in the U.S.

sunny_gyrl

his parents took him to thailand to do his mv there.... but he live there for quite sumtyme nOW

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
I think TouGer MOua and Lao Moua are Uncle and Nephew... I hear people saying that at the flea market... and yea I think lao moua is kind of cheesy... they both have the same dance move -which my little niece and nephew said that they look like snakes when they're about to shed their skin... hehehe
and i think it's even more corny how they put the MOST attractive singer across his poster and DVD cover... isnt kind of funny... maybe i could understand if he's an actor... but shouldnt they say the BEST voice ever... or something like that... and you guys know that he's from the United States... I know... dont he look HTT... not to be mean but yea... even his slow songs, he's all moving like there's a beat to it... I just think he's funny when it comes to dancing, like his moves and stuff... but his voice is ok...

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
is he any good?

i don't really listen to hmong songs but when it good i'll try...

but he do look very funny in those pix....

is he from thailand or laos?

sunny_gyrl

i mean i give him propz for comming out wid a ablum of his own but BE ORIGINAL FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!dun be translatting other peoples music///even tho we cousin in all but im just lOoking out for him....and hes not from thailand or laos he's a hmong meka from wisconsin...

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
he looks funny on the cover. did they have makeup on him? coz his face on the second pix doesn't look like the first one, just looks a little more colorful on the face. well he is ok, i wish there was a demo somewhere i could listen to. wow can't believe he's from wisconsin too. that's just a little weird. hahahahahhahaha......... GO Wisconsiners!!! Fight til the end with the cows!! hehe......

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
Wacha Motion Star are my uncles and tou ger moua is also my uncle...Lao Moua...hm...haven't heard of his songs yet but today i saw him at te hmong soccer tournament in MN and he was wearing a sunglass he looked ok...

allitis16

sarNie Hatchling
gosh i can't believe he is only 16 yrs old and lives in Wausau. i've seen a video with him dancing in it and it just doesn't look good at all. i guess that are still room for improvement since he is still young. maybe a dancing class and more originals and not copying from others. his voice is alright meaning better than some other singers out there. he looks ok too.

frog

sarNie Egg
Post up the Jay's song that he sing. I like East Wind Break by Jay Chou. Now, I really really want to hear the Hmong verison. Yeah, Jay is my number singer in the whole wide world. He's passionate and serios about his music. The man is a genius. Love Jay! I think he's cute but don't know why other people think otherwise. He is just too too too cool. Ah, very talented man. By the way, I listen to his music everyday, inspirational music too. Go Go Go Jay!

By the way, I think that it's great the Lao Moua sing other's song in Hmong. I like to hear the Hmong verison of some of my favoriate Jay's song.

I need to edit this post again. Please please please please please post up the Jay's song that he sing. I want to hear it so bad now. Please

vics

sarNie Egg
OMG. he's OKAY looking, but his dancing's gotta go. i swear...it's so GAY. His voice is pretty good though. it's just the dancing that annoys me. ionno why.