New Server! and some news

amythao

sarNie Adult
I like this server or networks idea. I will see how yadech.com turn out like first. I might want to use this networks for a website project this summer.

darvil

sarNie Adult
sure thing amy ;)

I've finally added some info for this network.

http://asianfuse.net/

Still working on the form.

cecilia

Staff member
Thank you na, Darv. I'll get into this once i'm done with my other many projects. can't wait to see the switch over ^^

darvil

sarNie Adult
All right,

I've already made the acct for you so you're ready to go whenever you want.

Also the same thing for tina. Just PM me for the info.

darvil

sarNie Adult
By the way, I have an interesting idea. I think I will get some extra Invision forum licenses and let people use it if they don't have a copy. In this scenario though, I will put up an ad or 2 on the forum (probably will take years to make back the $ but its ok). That is til they get their own copy and then they can remove the ads. Then I can free up the license and let someone else who need a copy use it. That way they can start off with very minimal amount of $. Everyone is happy.

What do you guys think about that?

darvil

sarNie Adult
I thought about doing SMF and will still do it but it would be cool to just start right off using the cream of forum software!

Then you also don't have to deal with upgrading softwares.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
SMF is pretty easy to get use to once you are use to it I guess lol. IPB is awesome already so yeah lol. Hah, I wonder who will create the first ipb forum on AFN?!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Yeah.. who??! haha.

But really, I don't think many people will. I started hosting other people starting last year and now I am hosting 2 korean forums. Its a big commitment so I think most people rather not ;) I mean I put this out on the web but mainly this is probably going to take word of mouth only. More likely AF members will taken advantage of this before anyone else ;) Its all good though. This is my way of paying back the community.

I've installed a contact form on the main page now. We'll see what happens but I think most of the request will probably will just come from msn IMs and AF forumers ;)

cecilia

Staff member
if it works for me -- i'll see if i can get more ppl to do it as well.

I've sent you my pm -- i hope you can get back to me na kha.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Cecilia is the first to use AFN (at least officially).

Welcome! Lets see how far we can take this.

cecilia

Staff member
Okay -- so i was thinking -- maybe it'll be a good idea to include all the site you host on your ASIANFUSE site to tell the ppl who you're hosting? give them a better idea? What do you think?

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
^^^That's a good idea, Ceci. So YADECH.COM is with the AFN? How about the forum, Ceci?

I really like the name ASIAN FUSE NETWORK. AFN...wow, I like. Oh. My. Darvil! This is really cool. I don't know the language you are all speaking, but I am catching a little. I am here to support you, Darvil. I am really excited for you. I support Ceci too, na.

I put a link in my siggy for AF TV. I do what I can with how computer illiterate I am. :)

cecilia

Staff member
Dal, b/c the forum is still small (not much volume) i figure i'll leave it to invisionfree (maybe when the forum outgrow then yes)..

Speaking of hosting, when i'm done with my spring classes -- i'm buying ATEAM domain as well .. will ask you to host it too na kha. Thank you in advance ^^

darvil

sarNie Adult
Hey great idea.. I didn't notice new posts to this thread lol. Been a bit busy.

But yea, I'll add everything I host then.. that way people will feel its more legit. Other then spicy, I also host itsjaypark and nolimitinfinite forums (I'll bet most of you don't know this).

I've found out that some people are actually confused as to why I offer this for free. I guess thats a bit harder to accept. Perhaps too good to be true? I think I'll have a donation button for those people who feel guilty haha.

Also I found out there are some specialized hosting companies that are just focused on forums. I feel like that is an area I might be able to compete. For example I could charge for those who wants to pay. They can then get an IPB license they can use with the acct. I was just thinking along that line. Or they can get free acct if they have their license/websites. Charging people though I'm a bit iffy on still. But I'll consider it for some people.

Cecil, no problem at all! Your sites are very minor and easy to host haha ;) so no biggie. I've designed the server for heavy duty forum hosting. As a matter of face I got a nice deal on a very expensive (but superfast) raid card. Gonna sell the old raid card and replace with THIS new card on the weekend.

Dal, thanks for the comment. I really like AFN too.. haha it has a sweet ring to it. AF members should take advantage of this new hosting ;) The funny thing is even at my work, there isn't this much tech in this hosting yet. Thats because most customers don't know about or know how to setup in specific formats. Its all super specialized and specially created for this niche ;)

Also about AF.tv That site is purely a give back to community and it is purely funded by ads here. I was looking at putting ads on the video site but I don't think it would actually make anything. But I did have a cool idea. We could put up custom ads. I found a way to do this but haven't gotten time to do it yet. For example I could put like 5 second preroll on the video like "Get free hosting by AF Network" or something you know. Promote events or ideas or sites or anything really. I think that would really kick ass ;)