nEws! (Thailand calls for state of emergency)

mai92

sarNie Adult
i wAtched tHe nEws a wHilE agO anD tHey weRe saYinG tHat tHailAnd iS caLLinG fOr saTe of emErgency...

be-Cause theRe weRe aRounD 50, 000 pRotEsterS tHat aRe nOt wanTing tHe pRiMe mInistEr Of tHaiLanD tO bE iN sOme sOrTa meeTinG...

And sOme saY tHey dOn'T lIke hIm...aNd manY peOple weRe wEarIng reD sHiRts anD sayIng thEy wAnt demOracY insTeaD of rEpUblican rUling thEir cOuntry....

DiD aNyOne hEar abOut tHIs nEws??? plEase cOrrect mE iF i'm wronG...

anywaze, i Was sHocKed wHeN i sAw tHat tHe pRimE mInistEr Of tHailAnd weRe gOnna bE tRasHed bY sOme cItizEns...

everY bOdy was cRazy...in tHe vIdeO...

cAn sOme One plEasE exPlaIn whY the cItizEns haTe hIm so mucH that leAd tHem to haVe sUch a laRge gRoups oF proTesters???

clip #1: Thailand calls for state of emergency
clip #2: Thailand closed Bangkok
clip #3: Thailand Airport got shut down
clip #4: Chaos in Thailand
clip #5: Thailand Clashes
clip #6: Bangkok

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
the PM already declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and nearby provinces

I've been following the news since sunday -_-

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
everywhere mostly in bkk is quiet not many ppl celebrating songkran streets are quiet the monument has been closed off buses have been set on fire and already 2 ppl killed its like hell livin here atm

^ are things really bad/chaotic over in Bangkok? i heard that some of the malls were closed, not just because of Songkran, but because of all the protesting...i'm really hoping things will settle down.

neena

sarNie Adult
the thai government is that bad? hmm i always hear protests against the government...over winter the protesters wore yellow and now protesters are wearing red...what is up?

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i know...what seems crazy...i wonder what the color represent??...

Peung

sarNie Egg
Yeah... this is the work of the ex-prime minister Taksin. He's the mastermind behind the chaos in Thailand. He's paying ppl to disturb the country's peace. This is just history repeating itself over and over and over and over. I hope things will be better soon. Poor citizens :(

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
^ Well then you can say that Sondhi was the mastermind behind all of PAD's previous protests against the last three Prime Ministers too. If they were able to do it, why can't the red shirts? I'm not condoning their actions here but the PAD are a bunch of whining hypocrites. They did the exact same thing although what they did was a protest against democracy , a democratically elected government.

There are two groups, red shirts (anti current government, pro-Thaksin) and yellow shirts (PAD, anti-Thaksin) and these protests have been going on for several years now ever since Thaksin was Prime Minister. Sadly, I don't see Thailand returning to normal for a long time, if ever. And who would've thought that a personal grudge between two people would escalate into a national crisis like this.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
There are two groups, red shirts (anti current government, pro-Thaksin) and yellow shirts (PAD, anti-Thaksin) and these protests have been going on for several years now ever since Thaksin was Prime Minister. Sadly, I don't see Thailand returning to normal for a long time, if ever. And who would've thought that a personal grudge between two people would escalate into a national crisis like this.
You're right. Thailand won't return to normal for long time.

At times I feel weird blogging about the light and fluffy world of Thai celebrities when the country as a whole is falling apart.
Yes, Poor citizens.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
my thai professor says that the new prime minister is just the old prime minister's bro in law...SOOO there aint much difference if u tell me...haha

if the old one is bad, of course the new one is bad...

correct me if im wrong tho..not 100% on this info..

darvil

sarNie Adult
I was afraid this would happen when the yellow shirts did their little stunt in the airport.

Now its the other guy's turn..

Frankly none of this should have happened from the beginning. Its not going to fix any political problem and will only harm Thailand's tourism which is a vital component of its economy.

I am sadden by all this. I'll ask my friend in bkk (who is in the military) for more info.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I was afraid this would happen when the yellow shirts did their little stunt in the airport.

Now its the other guy's turn..

Frankly none of this should have happened from the beginning. Its not going to fix any political problem and will only harm Thailand's tourism which is a vital component of its economy.

I am sadden by all this. I'll ask my friend in bkk (who is in the military) for more info.
Darvil, no one is in charge as you can see. PM? Military, Legislative branch, royalty, etc. None. That is what I told icebkk in another thread about this. It is embarrassing and it is hurting the economy especially with the current economic condition.

PAD (Yellow): Are mostly well-educated, middle to upper class of people, business people, etc.
Pro-Thaksin (Red): Mostly from the country side, Northern, Northeastern, less-educated, etc. Nevertheless, they are people too.

What I see is a struggle between the elite and the poor. The well-educated and the less-educated. The have and the have not. They are both fighting to control the country. It is sad that they cannot settle things and work together to make Thailand into a top tourist destination.

I read on the news that one of the PAD leaders stated that Western Democracy does not work in Thailand because Thailand is in the East. I was quite dumbfounded by that statement. I know that Western Democracy has its weaknesses but it has been functioning for a couple of millenniums now. It is not perfect but if there are check and balance in the system then it will work. Why would no one want to copy a model that has been working for two millenniums?

I feel is like there could be split. The split could happen if things keep going down hill. Northern (Lanna) can part way, Northeastern (Isaan), Central Thailand, and then Muslim South. Northern (Lanna) and Northeastern can form one, Central Thailand, and Muslim in the South. It is like the American Civil War and the French Revolution. I'm not saying it is but conditions are hot right now.

Lastly, I feel like the Supreme Court in Thailand is very biased towards Pro-Thaksin supporters. Most of his supports are from Northern Thailand and are not that well-educated. So it gives a feel like the support is against the poor. For any system to work, the legislative, the Executive, and the Judiciary branch need to work together. No bias what so ever.

Here is some up to the date news: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090414/ts_af...politicsprotest

What this will do is only create more dissension and hard feeling towards the new government. Feelings have been hurt and people are very upset. The Pro-Thaksin which are mostly from Northern Thailand. Working together and letting everyone have a voice will get things in the right direction. If this process is not implemented then the dissension will continue.

Again, I am not for or against the goverment. Just an outsider unbiased perspective on the current issue with relatives back in the motherland.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
ughhh......... chaos is spreading everywhere.. why can't we just have world peace damn it!!! :(

CTR

ughhh......... chaos is spreading everywhere.. why can't we just have world peace damn it!!! :(

Do you believe the world will end one day? Pretty soon, we will have one world government. The UN is almost like it. The EU is very strong and is looking to add more members.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Do you believe the world will end one day? Pretty soon, we will have one world government. The UN is almost like it. The EU is very strong and is looking to add more members.

The world is on the verge of ending... not cause of disasters or meteors or aliens. It's ending cause humans can't get along!!

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
well appently according to the news the protest has ended.... and songkran has been extended for 2 more days :D but whatever the news is not always right u have to be there to know whats happen as news ppl always twist it up

AzNpAnDa486

sarNie Juvenile
my thai professor says that the new prime minister is just the old prime minister's bro in law...SOOO there aint much difference if u tell me...haha

if the old one is bad, of course the new one is bad...

correct me if im wrong tho..not 100% on this info..
That was the man in office before the PM now. During the time the Bangkok Airport was shut down, Thaskin's Brother in Law was in office.

The current PM now is Abhisit Vejajiva. The red shirts are now trying to get him out of office.

CTR

well appently according to the news the protest has ended.... and songkran has been extended for 2 more days :D but whatever the news is not always right u have to be there to know whats happen as news ppl always twist it up
Glad everything is back to normal for a bit. Hopefully, they can sort all of this mess out and get the country going in the right direction. Both sides have to come together and work together. B) Though, I don't know how long it will last. <_< But if they can, the future will be brighter.

Sidenote:

When the yellow shirts were protesting, they did not arrest the protest leaders but when the red shirts protested, they arrested the protest leaders.