Nuclear power in North Korea

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
For those of you that listen to the radio, you know that I have a topic I talk about every Wed night at 10PM during my radio show. This week, I'm starting a new thing where I post a topic for you guys to discuss and I'll talk about it during my show.

The topic for this week is nuclear power in North Korea. Tests confirmed that North Korea recently detonated a bomb. Whether that's an atomic bomb is yet to be known. Their reasons for wanting nuclear power have ranged from needing energy for their country to having nuclear weapons to keep the U.S. at bay.

So yah, post your thoughts down in this thread and then tune in on Wed at 10PM EST to hear me talk about it.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
The topic itself about nuclear weapons is just scary to me. And the issue of North Korea having nuclear weapons doesnt mean any different. The thing is, Kim Jon II is pretty scary himself. It seems all he wants is power and will do anything for it. He's willing to use the weapons if he needs it. And he uses his people ... almost in a tortorous way to make N. Korea more powerful. Doesnt he use his people for harsh labor, alot of times even without proper nutrition? Now thats scary. If he does that to his people, imagine what he can for others. Especially when he has nuclear weapons. Correct me if im wrong...but i think the UN already tried telling him to stop or tried negotiating but he still keeps on, right? And something about the Chinese helping him right?...but im not sure if its about nuclear weapons or not. That's what scary. Not only nuclear weapons being created, but an outside party coming in and saying they wanna help. But omg...correct me if im wrong on any of these cause its been a while since ive read stuff about N. Korea and nuclear powers. But I just dont get the issue about nuclear power. It just confuses me. It's like...nuclear weapons is bad because nowadays people are making more powerful ones that can kill off a whole shit load of areas and we shouldnt even think about using it at all. But then again, the only thing to protect your country from nuclear weapons is the threat that you have them too. But whyyy. It's just confusing. We get an eye for an eye...but is it really necessary? Nuclear weapons is scary and I wouldnt be surprised if in the future, someone uses it again, even if it kills off all human kind.

Samwhy

sarNie Hatchling
We shouldn't worry too much about N. Korea. Any country with these nuclear weapons should already know the consequences of using it. Small countries like N. Korea will not have a chance with the US and other elite countries in a nuclear war. They will get wiped out in an instant by the elite countries if they ever decide to use it. I see N. Korea developing these weapons in more way of protecting themselves from the more bigger and powerful countries like the US, rather than being a threat to the world.

natty

Chubs
n.korea has every right to arm and defend themselves with nulcear if any threat should be made against their country.. but they should not go announcing that they will be testing toward this country and that when their country are not in present danger. however they did just that, announce.. so when that happen then other countries can raise their eyebrows and go "stfu"

if we look back at history, this time that we're living in his one of the most peaceful time..

We shouldn't worry too much about N. Korea. Any country with these nuclear weapons should already know the consequences of using it. Small countries like N. Korea will not have a chance with the US and other elite countries in a nuclear war. They will get wiped out in an instant by the elite countries if they ever decide to use it. I see N. Korea developing these weapons in more way of protecting themselves from the more bigger and powerful countries like the US, rather than being a threat to the world.
are u really sure that north korea don't have chance against USA...because even if this last one is a big contry the size is not really important ..what is really important is what product and quantity they use to do their bomb....because physic and chimie is really hard to understand u can do a little bomb and the consequence can be x100..u can't really khnow what will happen...North korea is not a big danger for right now because i think that they are not stupid and they won't use it in wrong way..like they say it's just for their protection against the ennemy....this honnest from them to tell him and don't hide the fact that they have it.....i think it's really injust for other contry who don't have the nuclear bomb because some great country decide it...it 's like japan they can't have it but they don't missed a good forensic...it's just because Hiroshima and Nagasaki..if i have to decide who have it orr not i won't let usa have one because they are stupid and they use it just for show their power ...that's why it's a good things that N.Korea have it......i want to see who will get the power in the future?
certainly not N.korea but i'm sure that usa won't keep their place

.clash

sarNie Egg
kim jong need to start focusing on the economy and his peoples instead of trying to make nuclear weapons....For example south korean teens are like what 5 inches taller than north korean teen boys...what I'm trying to say is poor nutrition...the korean peoples of the north have little to eat cause of the country bad economy.

Samwhy

sarNie Hatchling
pleang sney, whether or not N. Korea has a chance, I can never be sure 'cause I don't know all the facts. It's just a guess that is based on the past. America was the first to develop nuclear power back in 1945 (they started this whole mess) and then later used it on Japan to end WWII. Then their secret nuke infos was leaked out to the Russians and then they started developing their own.

And now N. Korea has just finally completed their first successfull test that the Americans already did 61 years ago. And maybe N. Korea is all caught up now and might have the same equal amount of nuke powers, but who knows. But I still think the US and the other elite countries like Russia is much more advance in nuke technologies (based on their years of experiences) while N. Korea is still in the development stages.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I think alot of you guys are not looking at the big picture here.

What North Korea have (if they even do) is nothing compared what US and Russia have. It'll be an extremely small amount that could do a good amount of damage but I think we all know that they WON"T do something stupid like that. Yes NK is an extremely paranoid country and they are capable of it but I think they know if they want to survive, thats not something they'll do.

There are 2 big problems that arises out of this issue.

1.) The power structure of the region is terribly disrupted. What does that mean? Who knows what it means but the fact is that Japan is now threaten by NK (it has always feel threaten but now after nukes?). There's talks about equalizing the power structure of the region by arming Japan with nukes also; to offset the power shift. I'm actually in favor of this idea but I haven't really thought hard about the situation yet so my view could change.

2.) The problem with NK isn't them attacking the US. The big issue is what they'll do with the technology. They could SELL the information. They could give nuke to a terrorist organization. I think that is the bigger concern then them attacking the US/Japan/SK directly. How likely is this senario? I don't know. I'm sure NK isn't going to do that anytime soon since the world's eyes is on them.. but in a few years? who knows.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Thanks to all those who replied so far. I would like more input as I will be talking about this tonight, Wed, at 10PM. Even if you know nothing, I would like your inputs and your feelings regarding it.

Also, there was news about a small plane crash in NYC today. While it appears to be an accident, I would like to know whether you guys feel safer in this world now post 9/11.

NiTha

sarNie Adult
What i don't understand is their hatred for the US. I was watching the morinig news on ABC and Diane Sawyer is there doing a special on the North Koreans. She went around asking the civilians why they dislike the US. One replied that they killed so many people in the Korean War. Some other's replied that they don't listen or watch american television out of hatred for us. Even the students hate the US. Why are they being so narrowminded? I just don't understand. The only thing i see good is that they are loyal to their country but their opinions about us are soo outrageous. They believe that all americans are bad. It's all under Kim Jon II that's brainwashing his citizens to believe that. I mean the children were running away from Diane Sawyer as she tried to approach them. Please someone clarify or try to make me understand as to why they are angry with the US. The past is the past, the people should at least understand that.