Oakland Riot after Bart Incident

fun

Expired Sarnie
Johannes Mehserle, 27, resigned from the BART police force Wednesday, avoiding an interview with internal affairs investigators who were trying to obtain his statement about why he shot Oscar Grant as the 22-year-old supermarket worker lay face-down at the Fruitvale Station in Oakland.

For further information: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...eed=rss.bayarea

$25 million that is crazy. When my brother was shot and died we got shit. I do sympathize the family for their loss but I believe that $25 million should go to the business that Black (I know using the term black is harsh but my black friends get upset if I use African-American) people destroyed. Sure the police was injustice and wrong for shooting that black man without reasonable reason but does it give them the right to throw a riots. They are doing exactly the same thing that the White officer did. Those business have nothing to do with the BART incident. I have to cut this short, leaving for a bit. I will give more sources when I have time.

judyp

sarNie Adult
yeah, i've been reading news about this the past couple days. i don't know if they have footage of the shooting incident available for the public because i haven't tried searching it. but some serious investigation needs to be done because according to the stories i've read, the guy was hand-cuffed when he was shot. and it may just be that the officer confused his gun for his taser gun. i really don't know. but i do know that it is unfortunate that this incident occurred and for this riot to follow is ridiculous. i understand that there are lots of angry people, but what those people are doing are just making matters worse.

fun

Expired Sarnie
yeah, i've been reading news about this the past couple days. i don't know if they have footage of the shooting incident available for the public because i haven't tried searching it. but some serious investigation needs to be done because according to the stories i've read, the guy was hand-cuffed when he was shot. and it may just be that the officer confused his gun for his taser gun. i really don't know. but i do know that it is unfortunate that this incident occurred and for this riot to follow is ridiculous. i understand that there are lots of angry people, but what those people are doing are just making matters worse.
I heard it was all over the internet but I haven't even seen it so it is not really all over the internet. Someone recorded on their cell phone and posted. Well that was what I just heard. And I am thinking that the Oakland police did a poor job, instead of covering it up, they should have announced it. And to make matter worst, the policeman that shot him resigned. So I think it is both party that are at fault or at least wrong doing.