Old Chinese Drama Help

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I hope y'all members can help me find this old ancient historical drama from back then.  I have absolutely no clue if it was TVB or not. I think it was made like in the 80's or 90's...

If I recall... I think it had something like "Fire in the Temple" on the screen or written during the opening scenes and was also the logo for the drama?  I remember the logo or sign for the channel looked similar to CH7's logo in a way, in which it has the three colors, being red, blue, & green?  It was a sphere-ish logo shape...

I hate the fact that I can't really remember the storyline.  I just remember that there was a lady who got married but her husband drank the wedding wine and somehow got crazy/poisoned and died.. I guess she also re-marries a couple of times? but the same thing kept happening to her husbands.  For the last time though, I think she didn't want her husband to die so she poured the wine cup away, hence he lived.  I think the townsfolks keep getting brainwash too for some reason (I can't recall) and the lady and her husband was thrown into the water.  She somehow survives and was later taught martial arts?  I remember she dressed in white/red and white/purple pants outfits and carries a sword.

I also remember a scene where a caterpillar crawls into her master's teacup and somehow it drugged him? 

Let's see... there is also another scene in which there's another lady who gets married with a man but her family like tries to kill him with a flying knife or some sort of weapon... but they somehow manage to evade the knife by jumping into the water and grabbing a chicken and having it killed in his place.  The knife flew back and returned to the family and they were happy but was disappointed and furious that it was not actually the guy's blood but something else.

I also remember that there was also a seen in which there was a lot of flags creating a symbol.  And some flags would have like some skulls and bones on them, and would be used to fight people?  I think the people with the flags were the bad guys...

Oh goodness, I know that this explanation is like the most horrible explanation ever but I hope it helps?  The last time I saw this drama was like when I was 4 or 5, and this is all that I remember...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I totally can't Fun.  I only watch TVB once in awhile.. and just barely started watching some of them again... so I don't know the whole TVB past or current crews.  I was thinking that it was TVB's drama too but.. the logo isn't the one I recall.  It's sphere shape-ish yet not an actual sphere too, sort of like how CH7's logo is 3 individual circle making a Y shape?

I think they were speaking Cantonese too in the drama.  I remember the darn themesong's music but.. for sure I don't remember the lyrics.

sigh, it sucks not recalling anything @_@

fun

Expired Sarnie
There's ATV. I feel like I have seen this before dubbed in Thai. My friend's dad and uncle used to rent them and sometimes I would join them if I stay overnight.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I asked my sister and she says it's most likely TVB too... I recall that the version we saw was also Thai dubbed, except they kept the original Cantonese opening/ending song. ( that's why I thought I watched the original version)

We're beginning to speculate that it might be an 80's drama... since she recall seeing it in 1991 or 92. 

Do you know a site where I can find the past TVB stars?  We saw Idy Chan and my sister feels that Idy was the second lady in the drama... but when we were looking through her wiki, her dramas didn't ring us any bell.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
If u can remember the theme song music, can u recognise the singer's voice?

A sphere shaped logo is similar to tvb but if it's like ch7 than it's mostly atv. Atv does more ancient dramas i think. Im trying to recall all the ancient dramas i watched dont think ive seen anything similar to ur description :(

Was it a drama or movie? Alot of episodes? Generally atv have more episodes

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Do you guys know where i can watch old tvb/atv dramas with eng subs? After rewatching a few, i really miss it, so tired of lakorns atm :(

jeedlove

sarNie Hatchling
The 3 colours you've mentioned sounds like TVB but if it's a sphere shape that resembles ch7's logo then I'm thinking it's more likely ATV. The storyline description sounds more like an ATV or even a Singaporean series. I'll ask around and see if any of my Chinese series buddies can help find the series you're looking for. As for where to watch old series, old as an the 80's or 90's and later? 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
bubbles8 said:
If u can remember the theme song music, can u recognise the singer's voice?

A sphere shaped logo is similar to tvb but if it's like ch7 than it's mostly atv. Atv does more ancient dramas i think. Im trying to recall all the ancient dramas i watched dont think ive seen anything similar to ur description :(

Was it a drama or movie? Alot of episodes? Generally atv have more episodes

I don't know who the singer is, except it was a woman who has a deep voice.  For sure it was a drama, because I remember seeing quite a few episodes.

jeedlove said:
The 3 colours you've mentioned sounds like TVB but if it's a sphere shape that resembles ch7's logo then I'm thinking it's more likely ATV. The storyline description sounds more like an ATV or even a Singaporean series. I'll ask around and see if any of my Chinese series buddies can help find the series you're looking for. As for where to watch old series, old as an the 80's or 90's and later? 
You're a sweetheart :D :D :D Much appreciation :) 

Sua Nam

sarNie Egg
I don't think the series has a English title name. I watched it long time ago in Thai dubbed.  I remember the series has three stories, and it used the same theme-song for all 3 stories, but the song has both female and male version. First story is about The Red and The Blue Swords, second is about Burning In The Red Temple, and the third is about The Heaven Sword and The Demon Sabre. It's impossible to find the series now.

The Heaven Sword and The Demon Sabre. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpF-yLSUbRI

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I thought it sounded like an ATV drama, but I wasn't familiar with the plots at all. Seeing the video, I realize it's because I've never seen the drama before lol!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Sua Nam said:
I don't think the series has a English title name. I watched it long time ago in Thai dubbed.  I remember the series has three stories, and it used the same theme-song for all 3 stories, but the song has both female and male version. First story is about The Red and The Blue Swords, second is about Burning In The Red Temple, and the third is about The Heaven Sword and The Demon Sabre. It's impossible to find the series now.

The Heaven Sword and The Demon Sabre. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpF-yLSUbRI

It's ok, thank you!

I remember watching it when I was like 4 or 5... maybe 6?  It's been a long while.  I don't think I ever got to the last story though because I can't recall it :p  Haha, yeah I doubt I'll find the original.  Thanks again though.

^@lenlin,  it's all good. 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^Thank you very much rockateur!!! Fire on the Temple was the name of the drama, I knew it. I was like it had to be "in" or "on." For being an 80's drama.. Yeah, it's definitely rare alright. :( it's OK, at least I know the title now.